|
CHINA> Listen to China Daily
![]() |
|
Related
Top officials removed in Urumqi
(chinadaily.com.cn)
Updated: 2009-09-07 11:26 Two top officials in Xinjiang have been removed from their posts. The removals come shortly after tens of thousands of people took to the streets to protest syringe attacks in Urumqi, capital of the Xinjiang Uygur autonomous region, and to demand security guarantees last week. Five people have died and at least 14 people have been hospitalized from injuries in the protest, which followed the deadly July 5 riot. On Saturday, Li Zhi, the Party chief of Urumqi, was replaced by Zhu Hailun, former secretary of the Communist Party of China (CPC) Xinjiang autonomous regional political and legislative affairs committee. Liu Yaohua, the police chief of Xinjiang, was replaced by Zhu Changjie, former Party chief of Xinjiang's Aksu prefecture.Chinese medical experts on Saturday ruled out the possibility that radioactive substances, anthrax or toxic chemicals were used in the syringe attacks. By last Thursday, local hospitals had dealt with 531 victims of hypodermic syringe stabbings, 106 of whom showed obvious signs of needle attacks. Qian Jun, director of the disease control and biological security office with China's Academy of Military Medical Sciences, said he had examined the records of more than 200 victims since Friday. Five other medical experts from the military also examined the records and samples had been sent to Beijing for further tests. "So far, no evidence showed they had contracted diseases related to radioactive substances, anthrax, toxic chemicals, microorganisms, hepatitis A, hepatitis B or AIDS," he said. Xinjiang police captured 25 suspects in the syringe scare, of whom seven are in police custody. Four were arrested and four others have been prosecuted for endangering public security, the local procuratorate said on Saturday. Public Security Minister Meng Jianzhu, who is overseeing security work in Xinjiang, said the situation in Urumqi is under control. He also said the syringe attacks were a continuation of the July 5 incident in the city, which saw nearly 200 people killed. Syringe attackers who triggered the latest Urumqi unrest will be given harsh punishment in accordance with the law, said a notice jointly released by city's court, prosecutor’s office and police department yesterday. Those who stabbed others with syringe needles containing poisonous or harmful substances or contaminated by drug users may be sentenced to three years and more in prison, life imprisonment, or even death, if convicted. Police have eased traffic restrictions in the wake of public protests but security in the city remains heavy. Hundreds of armed police could be seen in People's Square. And police were still blocking Xinmin Road, which leads to the southern part of the city, an area densely populated by Uygur people. The city's downtown has returned to normal. Tianshan Shopping Mall and Carrefour on Jiefang Road were thronged with crowds, while public security staff demanded passersby open their bags for security checks.
About the broadcaster: Nancy Matos is a foreign expert at China Daily Website. Born and raised in Vancouver, Canada, Nancy is a graduate of the Broadcast Journalism and Media program at the British Columbia Institute of Technology. Her journalism career in broadcast and print has taken her around the world from New York to Portugal and now Beijing. Nancy is happy to make the move
|
主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲欧洲精品日韩av| 国产亚洲一区二区三区av| 久久精品国产一区二区蜜芽| 国产美女裸身网站免费观看视频| 国产精品成人中文字幕| 四虎国产精品永久入口| 久久免费观看归女高潮特黄| 暖暖影院日本高清...免费| 久久久久久久久毛片精品| 亚洲乱码精品中文字幕| AV秘 无码一区二| 四虎国产精品成人| 国产精品福利在线观看秒播| 亚洲精品免费一二三区| 亚洲国产中文综合专区在| 亚洲国产一区二区精品专| 久章草这里只有精品| 日本一道一区二区视频| 天堂网在线观看| 人妻精品久久无码专区精东影业| 亚洲精品精华液| 国产一卡2卡3卡4卡网站精品| 另类欧美日韩| 免费国产一区二区不卡| 99久久无色码中文字幕人妻| 国产成人毛片无码视频软件| 欧美日韩中文字幕二区三区| 黄色三级亚洲男人的天堂| 在线天堂bt种子| 亚洲熟妇熟女久久精品一区| 亚洲国产天堂久久国产91| 久久精品亚洲国产成人av| 亚洲一区二区三区18禁| 漂亮的人妻不敢呻吟被中出| 日韩成人精品一区二区三区| 久久中精品中文字幕入口| 亚洲国产色一区二区三区| 伊人久久大香线蕉网av| 果冻传媒董小宛视频| 亚洲亚洲人成综合网络| 久久69国产精品久久69软件|