<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
          Global EditionASIA 中文雙語(yǔ)Fran?ais
          World
          Home / World / Americas

          US automakers restart production

          By SCOTT REEVES in New York | China Daily Global | Updated: 2020-05-19 11:25
          Share
          Share - WeChat
          United Auto Workers members leave the Fiat Chrysler Automobiles Warren Truck Plant after the first work shift on in Warren, Michigan, US, on May 18, 2020. [Photo/Agencies]

          US automakers took the first steps to resuming production Monday amid continued concern for worker safety and a tattered national economy that's likely to undercut demand for new cars.

          Many plants in Michigan and across the nation began with reduced shifts and, in some cases, fewer workers per shift after being closed for about eight weeks due to the coronavirus pandemic. Full production may not resume for several weeks, or perhaps months, officials said.

          Worker safety is the immediate concern as production resumed at General Motors, Ford and Fiat Chrysler. But analysts expect automakers to build significantly fewer cars this year, cutting revenue.

          "We have made it crystal clear to the companies that the health and safety of our members must be the top priority as we plan for the restart of our economy," Rory Gamble, president of the 400,000-member United Auto Workers (UAW), said in a statement.

          "In terms of testing, I have said to all of our employers that we expect a commitment from them for full testing as soon as it is possible. Until then, we expect as much testing as is possible to be conducted."

          Honda and Toyota resumed US production last week. Daimler, BMW and Hyundai restarted production in the last few weeks.

          Resumption of production will test the new health and safety guidelines that automakers have developed in conjunction with the UAW. Many of the new safety procedures are built on China's experience and appear to work well.

          "We've been working intently with state and federal governments, our union partners and a cross-section of our workforce to reopen our North American facilities," Jim Farley, Ford's chief operating officer, said in a statement.

          "We have reopened our facilities in China, successfully begun our phased restart in Europe and have been producing medical equipment in Michigan for more than six weeks and are using the lessons from all of that to ensure we are taking the right precautions to help keep our workforce here safe," he said.

          The safety guidelines mandate the use of masks, social distancing and frequent hand-sanitizing. Plexiglas barriers have been installed, safe distances have been marked on the floor, and workers are sent home if they feel ill or if they believe they've been exposed to the novel coronavirus.

          Ford provides wristwatches that beep when two employees are less than 6 feet apart. The watches may help with contact tracing if an infection is identified.

          Theresa Segura, 61, was sent home from the truck plant in Warren, Michigan, after she told officials she had visited her brother, who tested positive for the virus.

          "There's a lot of other people out here sick already, and you don't want another life to pass away," she told the Detroit News.

          Segura said she knew Lorenzo Seldon, a paint shop worker, who died in March from complications related to COVID-19.

          Worker safety is the immediate concern, but customer demand in the stalled economy is a long-range problem for the auto industry.

          Automakers are expected to produce about 9 million vehicles in the US this year, the lowest number since 2011, according to LMC Automotive, a Detroit-based industry research firm.

          The company sees a drop of "approximately 3 million units from China, North America and Western Europe each, accounting for more than two-thirds of the entire volume reduction".

          Reduced production means fewer hours for autoworkers and suppliers. That quickly becomes reduced income tax and sales tax revenue for government.

          In the US, about 36.5 million people have filed unemployment claims in the last two months. The unemployment rate is 14.7 percent and almost certain to go higher, forcing many to cut back.

          Retail sales declined 16.4 percent in April, the sharpest drop since the government began tracking the sector in 1992. That followed an 8.3 percent drop in March, the US Commerce Department reported.

          "This will be a test," Gary Johnson, Ford's chief labor affairs officer, told the Detroit News, on whether people will buy a big-ticket item like a car, even as automakers and dealers offer zero percent financing.

          Most Viewed in 24 Hours
          Top
          BACK TO THE TOP
          English
          Copyright 1994 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
          License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

          Registration Number: 130349
          FOLLOW US
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲の无码国产の无码步美| 日韩乱码卡一卡2卡三卡四| 国内不卡一区二区三区| 亚洲一区二区三区在线| 美腿丝袜无男人的天堂| 国产成人精品久久性色av| 午夜大尺度福利视频一区| 成年女人碰碰碰视频播放| 国产粉嫩小泬在线观看泬| 亚洲高清WWW色好看美女| 日韩中文字幕精品人妻| 亚洲AV日韩AV激情亚洲| 久久这里只有精品免费首页 | 内射无套内射国产精品视频| 激情国产一区二区三区四区小说 | 国产成人亚洲日韩欧美| 国产成人欧美一区二区三区在线 | 自拍偷拍另类三级三色四色| 国产内射性高湖| jlzz大jlzz大全免费| 国产首页一区二区不卡| 国产成人精品三级在线影院| 国产资源站| 一区二区三区精品不卡| 男女xx00xx的视频免费观看| 无码人妻斩一区二区三区| 在线视频观看| 欧美精品videosex极品| 日本免费一区二区三区久久| 国产av永久无码天堂影院| 国产激情婷婷丁香五月天| 亚洲欧美综合中文| 国产精品美女久久久久| 一区二区三区一级黄色片| 国产亚洲精品在av| 欧洲无码一区二区三区在线观看| 亚洲a毛片| 国产精品激情自拍系列| 亚洲欧洲一区二区天堂久久| 上司人妻互换hd无码| 久久国产成人高清精品亚洲|