<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
          Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
          World
          Home / World / Americas

          At UN, a call for more aid to Syria

          By HONG XIAO at the United Nations | China Daily Global | Updated: 2020-05-20 11:40
          Share
          Share - WeChat
          A man holds boxes of protective face masks at a factory during the outbreak of the coronavirus disease in Idlib city, Syria, May 11, 2020. [Photo/Agencies]

          The United Nations' top aid official has urged the Security Council to renew a mechanism that provides lifesaving assistance to millions of desperate people in northwest Syria through cross-border deliveries from Turkey.

          UN Humanitarian Coordinator Mark Lowcock briefed the Security Council during a virtual meeting Tuesday in which he outlined the urgent need to keep the trucks rolling amid the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic.

          "The cross-border operation for northwest Syria, authorized by the Security Council, is a lifeline for millions of civilians whom the UN cannot reach by other means. It cannot be substituted. Its authorization must be renewed," he said.

          "An early decision by the council will avoid disruption of this vital operation and help humanitarian organizations continue the scale-up that the current needs and the prospect of COVID-19 demand. A delay will increase suffering and will cost lives," he reiterated.

          According to Lowcock, the UN is supporting COVID-19 preparedness and response across Syria, where the authorities have so far confirmed 58 cases, including three fatalities.

          The UN is boosting efforts to expand testing capacity and case investigation, as well as infection prevention and control.

          Although a UN humanitarian fund has already disbursed some $23 million for preventative measures, Lowcock said significant shortages in personal protective equipment and other medical items remain.

          Zhang Jun, China's permanent representative to the UN, said China pays close attention to the humanitarian situation in Syria.

          "We are worried that the humanitarian situation will quickly further deteriorate due to the impact of COVID-19," he said.

          Zhang said China welcomes the cease-fire appeals made by the UN secretary-general and his special envoy, calling on all parties to enhance mutual trust and jointly safeguard the well-being of the Syrian people.

          Zhang reiterated that the Syrian government bears the primary responsibility for improving the humanitarian situation in Syria, including preventing and containing the spread of COVID-19.

          "Its role cannot be replaced," he said, acknowledging that the Syrian government has taken responsive measures to raise public awareness of the virus and reduce the risk of transmission.

          "We encourage UN agencies and international communities to help strengthen Syria's capacity to respond to the pandemic," he added.

          Zhang said China has provided medical assistance to Syria to combat COVID-19 and will continue to do so.

          Concerning cross-border humanitarian assistance, Zhang said he is pleased to see the improvement in the scale of such operations.

          "We encourage further cooperation and coordination in this regard," he said.

          Zhang called on relevant parties to enhance political dialogue and remove all obstacles that "may hinder cross-border humanitarian access to the northwest and northeast of Syria".

          Regarding cross-border humanitarian assistance, Zhang said China's position has been clear and consistent.

          "We agree that all forms of humanitarian operations should be fortified to meet new challenges posed by the pandemic and take into full account the need of Syrian people," he said. "Meanwhile, we should remember that the cross-border mechanism was established as a contingency or temporary measure. The sovereignty and territorial integrity of Syria must be respected under any circumstances."

          Zhang called on all parties to continue to engage in a Syrian-led and Syrian-owned political process in line with Security Council resolutions.

          "Civilians and their livelihood must be protected. In this connection, we reiterate the urgency of the immediate lift of the unilateral sanctions," he said.

          Most Viewed in 24 Hours
          Top
          BACK TO THE TOP
          English
          Copyright 1994 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
          License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

          Registration Number: 130349
          FOLLOW US
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 她也色tayese在线视频| 国产公开久久人人97超碰| 久久亚洲精品亚洲人av| 最近免费中文字幕mv在线视频3| 色一伊人区二区亚洲最大| 亚洲欧美成人久久综合中文网| 国产麻豆精品福利在线| 色综合色综合久久综合频道| 两个人免费完整高清视频| 亚洲欧美丝袜精品久久| 亚洲av成人无网码天堂| 国产欧美一区二区日本加勒比| 日韩一区二区一卡二卡av| 精品人妻一区二区| 婷婷六月综合缴情在线| 日本精品人妻无码77777| 国产玖玖玖玖精品电影| 久久久久国产一级毛片高清版A| 国产精品久久一区二区三区| 少妇人妻偷人精品系列| 久久88香港三级台湾三级播放| 午夜视频免费试看| 精品无码久久久久久尤物| 国产一区二区三区在线观看免费 | 久久精品夜夜夜夜夜久久| 欧美精品1卡二卡三卡四卡| 国产成人av一区二区在线观看| 日本黄色三级一区二区三区| 婷婷伊人久久| 国产精品天干天干在线观看澳门| 亚洲欧洲一区二区福利片| 国产高清在线精品一区不卡| 少妇人妻偷人精品视频| 国产精品高清中文字幕| 欧美成人性色一区欧美成人性色区| 无码人妻aⅴ一区二区三区蜜桃| 日本一区不卡高清更新二区| 亚洲综合久久久中文字幕| 国产一区二区视频在线看| 国产无遮挡猛进猛出免费软件| 精美亚洲一区二区三区|