<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
          Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
          World
          Home / World / Americas

          Shadow cast over US reopening

          By JONATHAN POWELL in London | CHINA DAILY | Updated: 2020-05-21 09:24
          Share
          Share - WeChat
          A woman walks on the boardwalk, during the outbreak of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19), in the Rockaway section of Queens in New York City, US, May 20, 2020. [Photo/Agencies]

          As of Wednesday, all 50 US states have begun lifting at least some of the restrictions imposed on daily life by the novel coronavirus.

          That is happening even though at least 17 states, as of Tuesday, were still seeing upward trends in average new daily cases over the past week, data from Johns Hopkins University showed.

          Connecticut was the last state to begin to lift its original restrictions. As of Wednesday, it was nominally allowing offices, outdoor dining spaces, stores and malls, museums and zoos to reopen with some restrictions. The state never shut down manufacturing, outdoor construction, parks or beaches.

          More than 1.5 million confirmed cases had been recorded in the US, where the death toll reached 91,938 on Wednesday, Johns Hopkins data showed. Globally, there have been more than 4.9 million infections and 323,000 deaths.

          The nationwide shutdowns to slow the spread of the virus are blamed for over 36 million people losing their jobs since mid-March.

          Despite the nationwide reopening, many public health officials and some political figures continued to raise concerns that increased activity would put US residents at greater risk of a new surge of infections.

          Inadequate protection

          On Tuesday, the top Democrat on the Senate Banking Committee charged that some workers are being pushed "back into the workplace" without adequate protection against the coronavirus, an allegation rejected by Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin.

          "How many workers should give their lives to increase the GDP or the Dow Jones by 1,000 points?" asked Sherrod Brown, an Ohio Democrat.

          Mnuchin replied: "No workers should give their lives to do that, Mr Senator, and I think your characterization is unfair."

          He said US President Donald Trump's administration had "provided enormous amounts of equipment" to protect workers' health.

          Brown posed the question after Mnuchin said it was important to bring "people back to work" in a safe way and restart the economy.

          Since the pandemic struck in March, about 32.5 million people have filed unemployment claims and driven the unemployment rate to 14.7 percent, the US Labor Department reported.

          Health experts say it could take weeks to determine if the current wave of reopening leads to a new spike in COVID-19 cases.

          Also on Tuesday, New York Governor Andrew Cuomo said that any vaccine to prevent the coronavirus should be distributed fairly without regard for people's ability to pay.

          "The vaccine must be available to all people," Cuomo said at his daily briefing. "It can't be a situation where only the rich, only the privileged can get the vaccine because one company owns the rights and they can't produce enough for everyone."

          New York City, the epicenter of the pandemic in the US, remains under a strict lockdown.

          Following Trump's announcement that he has been taking hydroxychloroquine to protect against the coronavirus, Vice-President Mike Pence told Fox News he has not joined Trump in taking the drug, which the US Food and Drug Administration has warned about as a COVID-19 treatment.

          Trump also sparked controversy over his plans to visit a Ford plant in Michigan on Thursday that manufactures medical ventilators. Asked whether he will wear a mask when he visits the factory, Trump said that "where it's appropriate, I would do it". The decision depends on the situation and if he is "standing right next to everybody", he added.

          Agencies via Xinhua contributed to this story.

          Most Viewed in 24 Hours
          Top
          BACK TO THE TOP
          English
          Copyright 1994 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
          License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

          Registration Number: 130349
          FOLLOW US
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 久久99精品国产99久久6不卡| 成人无码潮喷在线观看| 国产成人av三级在线观看| 国产乱码精品一区二区三区四川人| 国产精品店无码一区二区三区| 亚洲国产成人资源在线 | 国产成人亚洲一区二区三区| 国产成人高清亚洲综合| 國產尤物AV尤物在線觀看| 国内精品伊人久久久久影院对白| 国产精品第12页| 国产精品中文字幕观看| 国产成人啪精品午夜网站| 无码人妻h动漫| 刺激第一页720lu久久| 日本一区二区三区专线| 国产爆乳美女娇喘呻吟| 高清中文字幕一区二区| 国产成人黄片免费观看| 国产午夜91福利一区二区| 免费无码又爽又刺激网站直播| 中国少妇人妻xxxxx| 亚洲乱码中文字幕小综合| 无码一区二区三区av在线播放| 欧美性XXXX极品HD欧美风情| 久久精品夜夜夜夜夜久久| 中文字幕人妻日韩精品| japanese成熟丰满熟妇| 中文午夜乱理片无码| 无码日韩做暖暖大全免费不卡 | 日本亚洲一区二区精品| 亚洲精品乱码久久久久久按摩高清| 精品国产一区二区三区麻豆| 又粗又爽高潮午夜免费视频| 蜜桃视频一区二区在线观看| 亚洲少妇色图在线观看| 丁香五月亚洲综合在线国内自拍| 亚洲精品欧美综合四区| 国产精品中文av专线| 日本最大色倩网站www| 3d无码纯肉动漫在线观看|