<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
          Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
          World
          Home / World / Europe

          Police fear 'New Year's Eve' over pubs reopening

          By JULIAN SHEA in London | China Daily Global | Updated: 2020-07-01 09:01
          Share
          Share - WeChat
          A Royal Mail delivery man looks at a "Closed" sign on a pub as he does his rounds, as the spread of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) continues, in Richmond, London, March 24, 2020. [Photo/Agencies]

          Plans to fine parents over school attendance criticized as 'unhelpful'

          A spokesman for London's Metropolitan Police Federation has warned Saturday's reopening of pubs after months of lockdown could result in a night as busy as New Year's Eve.

          Concern has long been expressed at the timing of the move, and Tim Clarke said if good weather encouraged more people out, police face a hard night.

          "People will be coming out in droves and if we have nice weather again… it will be a significant challenge with the further relaxation of COVID-19 guidance," he said. "This could have been mitigated by waiting until Monday to further relax the government guidelines to us all-but as always, policing and police officers will do the best we can in the challenging circumstances."

          Metropolitan Police Commissioner Cressida Dick told the BBC the force was "absolutely prepared".

          "You will see a lot of police officers out on the street," she added. "There will be a lot more ready should people be out of order, should people get violent. But I'm not predicting that at this stage."

          Official figures released by Britain's Office for National Statistics, or ONS, have revealed the impact of the novel coronavirus on the British economy was bigger than realized.

          Initial figures showed that in the first quarter, GDP was estimated to have fallen by 2 percent, but that figure has now been corrected after March, the month when lockdown was deployed, saw a 6.9 percent reduction, leading to an overall fall for the quarter of 2.2 percent, the joint-highest figure since 1979.

          "Our more detailed picture of the economy in the first quarter showed GDP shrank a little more than first estimated," said Jonathan Athow, the ONS's deputy national statistician.

          "Information from government showed health activities declined more than we previously showed.

          "All main sectors of the economy shrank significantly in March as the effects of the pandemic hit."

          This was announced shortly before Prime Minister Boris Johnson's much-heralded speech setting out plans for a major infrastructure program to lift the country out of the economic slump.

          A wide-ranging speech covered topics such as educational opportunities, new house building programs, and increased tree planting to "build back greener and build a more beautiful Britain", but he warned the country is by no means out of the grip of the pandemic.

          Although the government "wants to get back to life as normal, for as many as possible, as fast as possible," he said, "the virus is out there still, circling like a shark on the water".

          Meanwhile, Education Secretary Gavin Williamson's suggestion parents who do not send their children back to school in September could be fined has received an unenthusiastic reception from one of the country's main teaching unions.

          Most children have been away from school since March, with only those in special circumstances going in, and a limited part-time return for other students toward the end of the academic year.

          Concern at the damage being done to learning has put pressure on the authorities to get children back in after the summer holidays, but Geoff Barton of the Association of School and College Leaders said fines were unhelpful, and parents needed a "period of grace" to allay safety fears.

          "There will be many frightened and anxious parents out there," he said. "This is very much a case of building confidence that it is safe to return, rather than forcing the issue through the use of fines."

          Meanwhile, many travelers from the United States hoping to visit European Union countries this summer face could disappointment after the country was left off the safe entry list because of its continued high prevalence of novel coronavirus.

          Travelers from countries including Algeria, Australia, Canada, Japan, New Zealand and South Korea are welcome, and China could join the list if a reciprocal deal allowing EU travellers into the country can be agreed.

          In March, when Europe was suffering at its worst, without any warning, US President Donald Trump introduced sweeping restrictions on travelers from the EU. Now, after more than 125,000 deaths in the US, and with continued reports of widespread infection, roles are reversed.

          The EU insists the decision is on safety grounds, rather than revenge, as over the previous two weeks, the US had seen 107 cases per 100,000 people, as opposed to just 16 per 100,000 people in the EU.

          Most Viewed in 24 Hours
          Top
          BACK TO THE TOP
          English
          Copyright 1994 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
          License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

          Registration Number: 130349
          FOLLOW US
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 久久人人97超碰精品| 久久996re热这里只有精品无码| 中国女人内谢69xxxx| 午夜不卡欧美AAAAAA在线观看| 色综合久久加勒比高清88| 人妻少妇偷人作爱av| 国产成人av三级在线观看| 一区二区三区久久精品国产| 国语精品国内自产视频| 亚洲av日韩av永久无码电影| 国产亚洲精久久久久久久91| 公粗挺进了我的密道在线播放 | 欧美成人精品手机在线| 久久久久国产精品麻豆ar影院| 国内精品综合九九久久精品| 亚洲欧美另类久久久精品播放的| 中文字幕无码视频手机免费看 | 性视频一区| 国产精品无码无片在线观看3d| 暖暖 在线 日本 免费 中文| 成全我在线观看免费第二季| 国产麻豆成人传媒免费观看| 国产午夜视频免费观看| 亚洲国产精品男人的天堂| 久久aaaa片一区二区| 亚洲av噜噜一区二区| 资源在线观看视频一区二区| 亚洲国产日韩在线视频| 蜜桃臀无码AV在线观看| 芒果乱码一线二线三线新区| 日本熟妇XXXX潮喷视频| 久久99精品久久水蜜桃| 中文字幕无线码在线观看| 青青青视频91在线 | 亚洲高清 一区二区三区| 久久精品夜色噜噜亚洲aa| 久久亚洲精品成人av秋霞| 98精品全国免费观看视频| 国产一区二区三区无遮挡| 国产成人高清精品免费软件| 亚洲熟妇色自偷自拍另类|