<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
          Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
          World
          Home / World / Asia-Pacific

          Infections spike in Australia forces fresh lockdowns

          By KARL WILSON in Sydney | China Daily | Updated: 2020-07-04 09:24
          Share
          Share - WeChat
          A member of the Australian Defense Force takes a swab sample at a drive-through coronavirus testing station in the Melbourne suburb of Fawkner on Thursday. WILLIAM WEST/AGENCE FRANCE-PRESSE

          A spike of new infections is forcing the Australian state of Victoria back to lockdowns on roughly 30 suburbs in the state capital, Melbourne.

          More than 1,000 Australian Defense Force medical personnel as well as health officials from New South Wales, South Australia, Tasmania and Queensland states have been drafted into the state to provide planning support and assistance for hotel quarantine arrangements, logistics and testing.

          The state saw a surge in COVID-19 infections with 64 new cases reported on June 29. Following an announcement at a June 30 news conference in Melbourne by Daniel Andrews, the state premier, all international flights to Melbourne were diverted to other states. The lockdown came into effect on Thursday.

          He said all residents in the affected suburbs "must stay at home" for the next four weeks.

          Police were patrolling the streets to make sure people stay indoors. Andrews said people will be allowed out for four reasons: to buy food, for exercise, and for school and work.

          "If you are sick, stay home and get tested," he said.

          The last two weeks of June saw a massive spike in new cases in Melbourne as restrictions were relaxed not only in Victoria but throughout the country, following a sharp drop in the number of cases from May to June.

          For almost two weeks, the state has seen a double-digit rise in cases each day. Most new infections have been through community transmission. Meanwhile, in the rest of the country, the number of cases has been in low single figures or at zero.

          "These outbreaks have been deeply frustrating and unacceptable," Andrews said.

          Many of the outbreaks have been traced to large family gatherings earlier in June and a breakdown in health controls in hotels used for quarantining travelers during the same period as the pandemic appeared to be in retreat.

          Taghrid Istivan, associate professor of microbiology at RMIT University in Melbourne, said the outbreak was not unexpected.

          She said health authorities, not only in Australia but overseas, have been warning of the possibility of a second wave of infections.

          "The same is happening in the United States and Europe after easing the lockdown restrictions," Istivan said.

          "People coming out of long weeks of lockdown are forgetting that the virus still exists in the community and the fact that not every infected person will have symptoms.

          "Therefore, the ignoring of the need to continue practicing social distancing in general, and physical distancing between family members and friends, has led to the surge in cases."

          Istivan said the risk of infections has increased as people gather indoors and in closed spaces due to the cold winter weather in Victoria.

          She said that more than 53,000 COVID-19 tests had been conducted in Victoria previously, with a focus on hot spot suburbs.

          "With the large number of tests, it is normal that more cases (mainly from asymptomatic carriers) will be detected, and that is good as it is identifying the most serious transmitters within the community," Istivan said.

          Most Viewed in 24 Hours
          Top
          BACK TO THE TOP
          English
          Copyright 1994 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
          License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

          Registration Number: 130349
          FOLLOW US
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 最新国产麻豆AⅤ精品无码| 二区中文字幕在线观看| 精品久久久久无码| 国产 亚洲 制服 无码 中文| 日韩人妻无码一区二区三区99| 国产99久久亚洲综合精品西瓜tv| 精品久久久久久中文字幕2017| 久久精品国产亚洲av麻豆小说| 深夜国产成人福利在线观看| 亚洲国产中文综合专区在| 国产99久久精品一区二区| 国产成人精品无码一区二区老年人| 亚洲老熟女一区二区三区 | 久久久久亚洲av成人网址| 国产精品中文字幕综合| 综合国产av一区二区三区| 久久精品国产99亚洲精品| 国产95在线 | 欧美| 国产亚洲精品第一综合| 亚洲欧美色一区二区三区| 亚洲精品综合一区二区| 日本高清在线观看WWW色| 2022一本久道久久综合狂躁| 亚洲综合不卡一区二区三区| 99在线国内在线视频22| 国产超碰无码最新上传| 中文字幕av无码不卡| 亚洲自偷精品视频自拍| 久久国产自拍一区二区三区| 潘金莲高清dvd碟片| 97在线碰| 国色精品卡一卡2卡3卡4卡在线 | 国产在线精品中文字幕| 亚洲国产超清无码专区| 国产成人av三级在线观看| 日韩无专区精品中文字幕| 国产妇女馒头高清泬20p多毛| 亚洲国产高清av网站| 麻豆果冻传媒2021精品传媒一区| 亚洲精品久久久久999666| 91中文字幕一区在线|