<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
          Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
          World
          Home / World / Europe

          Students still heading for British universities despite their virus fears

          By WANG MINGJIE in London | China Daily | Updated: 2020-07-17 10:01
          Share
          Share - WeChat
          A faculty building of Imperial College is seen in London. [Photo/Agencies]

          More undergraduate applicants have accepted an offer to immediately start studying at a British university or college than did so last year, despite the disruption caused by the novel coronavirus pandemic, according to the Universities and Colleges Admissions Service, which is also known as UCAS.

          Among applicants from non-European Union nations, by June 18, the deadline for the majority of applications, there was a 12 percent increase in the number of students accepting offers for September, rising from 49,610 in 2019 to 55,380.

          UCAS data shows there was a record 73,080 applicants from outside the EU, among them 21,250 from China, up 33.8 percent or 5,370 on last year.

          Kate Rowe, higher education and employability chair at the British Chamber in China, said: "The UCAS data is generally encouraging for the UK education sector."

          Following a survey that the British Council conducted in April that suggested a significant number of Chinese students were considering canceling their plans to study in the UK, Rowe said: "In reality, most families are not going to jeopardize a goal they have worked towards for a long time simply because of current uncertainties, especially when the same uncertainties are making other international options much thinner on the ground."

          Rowe said students who have already committed to international routes "seem, by and large, to have made their decisions and they'll stick to them".

          "The absolute main concern for Chinese students has been the safety of the UK," she said. "If the virus subsides, and universities are operational, students will attend."

          Despite the unexpected challenges posed by the novel coronavirus and the COVID-19 disease it causes, many Chinese students remain keen to embark on their studies in the UK.

          Chen Xizhen, an 18-year-old who has been offered a place to read electronic engineering at King's College London, said: "COVID-19 is not going to change my decision. I am still going ahead. The situation in the UK is starting to get better and I believe the university will make a plan to help international students."

          Chen Bohan, who will be studying business management at Staffordshire University, echoed the view.

          The 22-year-old said studying in the UK had been his goal for a long time and he was confident it would give him the opportunity to broaden his horizons and experience different cultures.

          "Those are the main reasons why I am willing to set off for England this September, and nothing is going to stop it," he said "Studying abroad always entails risks, whether it is a risk of health, personal safety or something else. Even if the epidemic did not break out, as an international student, I think I should have the ability to judge the situation and protect myself."

          But, while the virus is not harming UK universities in the short-term in terms of Chinese student numbers, experts say that could change and students may elect to stay closer to home.

          Julian Fisher, a senior partner at the consultancy Venture Education in Beijing, said: "Certainly, Chinese parents with children in primary school right now, who were thinking internationally longer-term, might now be reconsidering choices in light of this difficult period and broader geo-political concerns. But these calculations will be colored both by continuing changes and uncertainties, and by an increasing depth and sophistication in Chinese families' expectations of what UK higher education has to offer."

          Most Viewed in 24 Hours
          Top
          BACK TO THE TOP
          English
          Copyright 1994 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
          License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

          Registration Number: 130349
          FOLLOW US
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产精品无码av一区二区三区| 国产女人被狂躁到高潮小说| 99在线视频免费| 午夜成人无码免费看网站| 人妻中文字幕亚洲精品| 推特国产午夜福利在线观看| 最近中文国语字幕在线播放| 亚欧美闷骚院| 人妻精品久久久无码区色视| 国产成人精品无码一区二| 亚洲人成网网址在线看| 日韩在线观看中文字幕一区二区| 日本老熟女一二三区视频| 久久aaaa片一区二区| 亚洲综合国产激情另类一区| 四虎成人在线观看免费| 欧美大胆老熟妇乱子伦视频| 欧美成人性色一区欧美成人性色区| 国产品精品久久久久中文| 欧美国产日产一区二区| 亚洲欧美日韩成人综合网| 国产目拍亚洲精品二区| 脱岳裙子从后面挺进去视频| aaa少妇高潮大片免费看| a狠狠久久蜜臀婷色中文网| 里番全彩爆乳女教师| 亚洲天堂一区二区久久| 亚洲乱码中文字幕小综合| 99精品国产综合久久久久五月天| 一区二区三区四区自拍偷拍| 亚洲中文字幕人妻系列| 成人自拍小视频免费观看| 久久精品国产只有精品96| 人妻va精品va欧美va| 国产精品 视频一区 二区三区| 久久这里都是精品一区| 韩国av无码| 欧美性猛交xxxx乱大交丰满| 国产一区二区a毛片色欲| 色综合久久中文综合久久激情| 亚洲欧美精品在线|