<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
          Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
          World
          Home / World / Newsmakers

          Pandemic will drag out, WHO warns

          By CHEN WEIHUA in Brussels | China Daily Global | Updated: 2020-08-03 07:19
          Share
          Share - WeChat
          World Health Organization (WHO) Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus attends a news conference organized by Geneva Association of United Nations Correspondents (ACANU) amid the COVID-19 outbreak, caused by the novel coronavirus, at the WHO headquarters in Geneva Switzerland, July 3, 2020. [Photo/Agencies]

          The World Health Organization has warned that the coronavirus pandemic will be lengthy and could lead to "response fatigue".

          Six months after the United Nations agency declared a global emergency, the novel coronavirus has killed more than 680,000 people and infected more than 17.9 million, according to a tally by AFP. In South Africa the case count has topped 500,000.

          The effects of the pandemic "will be felt for decades to come", the WHO said.

          The Emergency Committee on COVID-19, convened by the WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, held its fourth meeting via video link on Friday. The committee includes about 30 members and advisers from around the world.

          In a statement issued on Saturday, the committee expressed appreciation for the efforts of the WHO and its partners, but highlighted the expected lengthy duration of the pandemic. It noted the importance of sustained community, national, regional and global response efforts.

          "The pandemic is a once-in-a-century health crisis, the effects of which will be felt for decades to come," Tedros told the committee.

          Many countries that believed they were past the worst are now grappling with new outbreaks. Some that were less affected in the earliest weeks are now seeing escalating numbers of cases and deaths. And some that had large outbreaks have brought them under control, Tedros said.

          The committee agreed that the outbreak still constitutes "a public health emergency of international concern". It will reconvene again within three months at the discretion of Tedros.

          Tedros declared the emergency, WHO's highest level of alarm under International Health Regulations (2005) on Jan 30, when there were fewer than 100 cases and no deaths outside China.

          The Americas continue to be the global epicenter, accounting for more than half the global total both in accumulated and new cases and deaths.

          Death toll rises

          The United States, the hardest-hit country, has had more than 4.6 million. Mexico overtook Britain to become the third hardest-hit country in virus deaths after Brazil and the US, with more than 46,600 deaths.

          European countries, which have in the past few weeks had a resurgence of new cases after several rounds of easing lockdown restrictions and opening borders, are taking a step back to control the spread of the virus.

          On Saturday Belgium required people traveling abroad for more than 48 hours to fill a passenger locator form online before returning to the country. The rules also apply to foreigners who enter Belgium for at least 48 hours.

          Belgium last week imposed more stringent rules for mask wearing and night hours for bars and restaurants.

          On Saturday thousands of people protested in the German capital, Berlin, against government COVID-19 restrictions, the BBC reported. Protesters said measures including the wearing of face masks violated their rights and freedoms.

          Police broke up the demonstration, accusing organizers of not respecting COVID-19 hygiene regulations.

          Germany has had one of the best COVID-19 responses in Europe, but it has also had a rise in the number of cases and deaths recently. It has more than 209,000 confirmed cases as of Sunday, according to the WHO.

          Agencies contributed to this story.

           

          Most Viewed in 24 Hours
          Top
          BACK TO THE TOP
          English
          Copyright 1994 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
          License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

          Registration Number: 130349
          FOLLOW US
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲男人第一av网站| 国产精品久久福利新婚之夜| 人妖系列在线精品视频| 毛片亚洲AV无码精品国产午夜 | 中文字幕人妻精品在线| 国产成人精品2021欧美日韩| 国产毛片精品av一区二区| 视频二区国产精品职场同事| 人妻丰满熟妇ⅴ无码区a片| 蜜桃臀av在线一区二区| 国产偷窥熟女精品视频大全| 国产精品偷伦费观看一次| 影音先锋2020色资源网| 精品不卡一区二区三区| 中文字幕有码日韩精品| 亚洲天堂免费av在线观看| 亚洲精品一区二区三区综合| 久久人人97超碰人人澡爱香蕉| 国产在线精品一区二区夜色| 亚洲精品国产中文字幕| 欧美日本在线一区二区三区| 国产 亚洲 制服 无码 中文 | 国产精品无码在线看| 亚洲美女厕所偷拍美女尿尿| 在线a人片免费观看| 亚洲av色香蕉一二三区| 啊灬啊灬啊灬快灬高潮了电影片段 | 亚洲伊人久久精品影院| 国产爽片一区二区三区| 最新亚洲人成网站在线影院| 国内精品久久久久久久影视麻豆| 91中文字幕在线一区| 亚洲精品在线+在线播放| 九九热在线视频观看精品| 日韩伦人妻无码| 日本熟妇浓毛| 色狠狠色婷婷丁香五月| 亚洲最大福利视频网| 日产无人区一线二码三码2021| 国产成人精品97| 国产精品成人午夜福利|