<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
          Global EditionASIA 中文雙語(yǔ)Fran?ais
          World
          Home / World / Europe

          UK govt plans to avert mass unemployment

          By JONATHAN POWELL | China Daily Global | Updated: 2020-09-24 09:43
          Share
          Share - WeChat
          FILE PHOTO: A person wearing a protective face mask walks past a Job Centre Plus office, amidst the outbreak of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in London, Britain, August 11, 2020. [Photo/Agencies]

          Treasury to look at European support programs as end of furlough looms

          Britain's Chancellor of the Exchequer Rishi Sunak may introduce a German style short-time work wage subsidy program as businesses in the United Kingdom brace for another 6 months of hardship following new COVID-19 containment restrictions announced by Prime Minister Boris Johnson on Tuesday.

          The Guardian and Financial Times both reported that Sunak is preparing a new stimulus plan that may subsidize the wages of workers able to work 50 or 60 percent of their normal hours.

          The UK government is under pressure to avert a wave of unemployment as its original job retention furlough program comes to an end next month.

          Businesses had furloughed 9.6 million workers by August, but since then, employers have been asked to contribute increasing amounts ahead of the program's end-date on Oct 31.

          Originally, employees on the program were paid 80 percent of their salary up to 2,500 pounds ($3,200) a month. It is believed to have cost the government more than 50 billion pounds.

          It is reported that a few options for a new program are being considered, with those in Spain and France also being studied, but nothing has yet been confirmed.

          The reports in the Guardian and Financial Times say one possibility would be similar to the German Kurzarbeit program, favored by the opposition Labour Party.

          Companies would pay workers' wages for the time they are at work, and the government would then cover wages for the time when the company has no work for the employee.

          They would be similar to proposals made earlier this month by the Trades Union Congress, which helped Sunak draft the original furlough program in March.

          Last week, Sunak said he would be "creative" to find ways of helping people, and in finding ways to support jobs through the coming months.

          On Tuesday, Andrew Bailey, the governor of the Bank of England, said it's time to "stop and rethink" the furlough program ending and that he favored a more targeted approach.

          One industry source told the Guardian newspaper the Treasury is aiming to announce a new support package next week, when businesses are likely to start cutting jobs.

          The newspaper reported that the government has delayed an announcement that would have extended the availability of state-backed loans for struggling companies. It said business groups now believe the chancellor could combine the loan extension plan with a range of other measures.

          Latest analysis shows that economies across Europe, including the UK, are rapidly losing momentum. Indicators for the UK suggest that the surge in business activity over the summer was ending even before Johnson tightened restrictions.

          The IHS Markit/CIPS PMI index for September fell to 55.7 from 59.1 in August. PMI's for the eurozone were even worse, dropping from 50.5 to 47.6.

          Thomas Pugh, UK economist at Capital Economics told the Evening Standard: "It now seems likely that the UK restrictions will set back the economic recovery and cause GDP to stagnate in quarter four. But the big risk is that the government has to go further. For example, a two-week national lockdown could reduce the level of GDP by 5 percent and set back the economic recovery by a year."

          Most Viewed in 24 Hours
          Top
          BACK TO THE TOP
          English
          Copyright 1994 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
          License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

          Registration Number: 130349
          FOLLOW US
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 饥渴丰满少妇大力进入| 强奷漂亮少妇高潮伦理| 精品国产亚洲午夜精品av| P尤物久久99国产综合精品| 午夜福利视频| 无码人妻斩一区二区三区| 亚洲一区av无码少妇电影玲奈| 中文有无人妻vs无码人妻激烈| 国模精品一区二区三区| 久久精品久久精品久久精品| 伊人成人在线视频免费| 久久青草国产精品一区| 亚洲AV成人无码久久精品| 亚洲国产欧美日韩一区二区 | 亚洲大尺度无码专区尤物| 一区二区三区毛片无码| 日本一区二区三区视频一| 三上悠亚ssⅰn939无码播放| 久久香蕉国产亚洲av麻豆| 苍井空无码丰满尖叫高潮| 色综合色综合综合综合综合| 日本一区二区三区四区黄色| 亚洲欧美精品一中文字幕| 亚洲欧美中文日韩v在线97| 亚洲一区二区在线无码| 亚洲VA中文字幕无码久久| 成人av片在线观看免费| 日韩欧美不卡一卡二卡3卡四卡2021免费| 福利无遮挡喷水高潮| 日本精品一区二区不卡| 国产国产成人久久精品| 亚洲国产精品午夜福利| 国产一区二区不卡老阿姨 | 亚洲护士一区二区三区| 91蜜臀国产自产在线观看 | 加勒比无码人妻东京热| 日本系列亚洲系列精品| 亚洲熟女精品一区二区| 夜夜爽无码一区二区三区| 依依成人精品视频在线观看| 亚洲中文字幕在线一区播放 |