<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
          Global EditionASIA 中文雙語(yǔ)Fran?ais
          World
          Home / World / Europe

          Curbs tightened amid record deaths

          China Daily | Updated: 2021-01-29 10:28
          Share
          Share - WeChat
          A sign pointing to a testing center is seen, as tighter rules for international travellers start, at Heathrow Airport, amid the spread of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic, London, Jan 18, 2021. [Photo/Agencies]

          The daily global death toll from COVID-19 topped 18,000 for the first time in the latest reminder of its deadly impact while countries further tightened restrictions on Wednesday in their struggle to get a grip on the new virus variants.

          The United Kingdom on Wednesday announced a new rule under which citizens and permanent residents flying back from "high-risk" countries must quarantine in hotels.

          Returning travelers must stay in hotels for 10 days while they complete the required self-isolation period, Home Secretary Priti Patel told lawmakers.

          Non-UK arrivals from the targeted destinations - which include South America, Portugal, Cape Verde and South Africa - are already barred following the discovery of two virus variants detected in Brazil and South Africa.

          The more infectious strain of the virus that first emerged in Britain has now spread to 70 countries, the World Health Organization said, while another detected in South Africa has been found in 31.

          France also considered whether to order a third nationwide lockdown as the government admitted that current restrictions were not enough. "Maintaining the current regime looks very unlikely," spokesman Gabriel Attal said after a cabinet meeting, adding a nationwide nighttime curfew introduced on Jan 14 is "not sufficient at this stage".

          France reported on Wednesday nearly 27,000 new cases over the latest 24-hour period, the biggest one-day jump in cases since Nov 18.

          In Latin America, Colombia will ban flights from Brazil effective Friday over concerns of a variant of the coronavirus that is circulating in the country.

          Colombian President Ivan Duque on Wednesday announced the 30-day measure. No flights will take off from Colombia to Brazil either.

          The Colombian government on Tuesday decreed three days of national mourning after the death of defense minister Carlos Holmes Trujillo from the disease.

          Economic losses

          By Thursday, there were more than 100.9 million infections worldwide, with more than 2.17 million deaths, data from Johns Hopkins University showed.

          While necessary, waves of lockdowns and closures have led to severe economic losses and anger in some countries, including riots in recent days in the Netherlands.

          Dutch police said on Wednesday the fourth night of the Netherlands' coronavirus curfew passed more peacefully than the previous three nights marred by rioting. Nearly 500 people had been detained and thousands fined, Reuters news agency reported.

          Most rioters were youths or young men, who reportedly used social media apps to organize, officials said. The worst disturbances were in Rotterdam where police said 10 officers were hurt, the BBC reported.

          The Netherlands has had nearly 1 million confirmed COVID-19 cases, with more than 13,000 deaths.

          Neighboring Belgium expressed fears on Wednesday that the unrest could spread, with calls for protests against the country's tough lockdown and its 9 pm curfew mounting on social media. The Dutch curfew, which began on Saturday, also begins at 9 pm.

          "The violent demonstrations that degenerated in the Netherlands have apparently incited certain people to call, also in our country, for demonstrations against the health measures," Belgian Interior Minister Annelies Verlinden's office said.

          Jonathan Powell in London, agencies and Xinhua contributed to this story.

          Most Viewed in 24 Hours
          Top
          BACK TO THE TOP
          English
          Copyright 1994 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
          License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

          Registration Number: 130349
          FOLLOW US
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 欧洲精品码一区二区三区| 国产成人无码免费视频麻豆| 日本高清熟妇老熟妇| 老熟妇仑乱换频一区二区| a毛片免费在线观看| 97人妻免费碰视频碰免| 四虎成人精品永久网站| 免费在线成人网| 亚洲欧美日韩在线码| 又爽又黄又无遮挡的视频| 热99久久这里只有精品| 亚洲高清免费在线观看| 亚洲欧美日韩综合一区在线| 日韩精品永久免费播放平台| 蜜桃视频在线免费观看一区二区| 欧美老少配性行为| 婷婷四房播播| 日韩中文字幕有码av| 18禁成人黄网站免费观看久久| 午夜福利片一区二区三区| 少妇潮喷无码白浆水视频| 国产熟女老阿姨毛片看爽爽| 一区二区三区av天堂| 午夜性色一区二区三区不卡视频| 亚洲一区二区精品久久蜜桃| 欧美日韩精品一区二区三区高清视频| 伊人无码一区二区三区| 成人免费无遮挡在线播放| 久久免费精品视频老逼| 激情人妻自拍中文夜夜嗨| 又湿又紧又大又爽A视频国产| 久久精品国产亚洲夜色av| 欧美亚洲另类自拍偷在线拍| 亚洲国产精品老熟女乱码| 欧美成人精品三级网站视频| 精品日韩色国产在线观看| 国产av无码专区亚洲aⅴ| 久久精品国产久精国产| 久久精品国产久精国产69| 果冻传媒董小宛视频| 99久久无色码中文字幕|