|
CHINA> National
![]() |
|
Death toll in fatal landslide rises to 258
(Xinhua)
Updated: 2008-09-16 15:06 XIANGFEN - Rescuers retrieved four more bodies from a landslide in north China on Tuesday morning, pushing the death toll in the September 8 tragedy to 258. More than 300 rescuers and more than 30 pieces of machinery were being used in the search for other possible victims in the debris in Xiangfen County, Shanxi Province. A mudflow burst hit the area on the morning of September 8 after the collapse of an unlicensed iron ore dump. A huge volume of tailings, mud and rock swamped a downstream village with more than 1,000 residents, burying people along with a busy outdoor market. The State Administration of Work Safety said 159 bodies had been identified as of Tuesday. Thirty-four people remained in the hospital and four patients who had been in critical condition were temporarily upgraded to stable condition. Compensation of 200,000 yuan (nearly $29,300) will be paid for each victim, and each person who was disabled by the accident will get compensation ranging from 50,000 yuan to 150,000 yuan plus a monthly subsidy of 100 yuan to 300 yuan, according to disaster-relief policies released by the local government on Tuesday. More than 400 local government officials have been dispatched to help the victims' families. Cremations will start soon, as 115 families have signed the necessary documents. An initial investigation found the mine collapse was due to negligence.The tailings dump was built in violation of regulations and had few safety inspections. Liu Xiangjuan, 48, was still waiting for information on her husband, who has been missing since the landslide. Liu, a mother of two, was laid off years ago and her husband was the sole support of the family. "Those responsible for the accident must be severely punished, especially officials who connived with the mine owners, leading to the deaths of so many innocent people," said Liu. A 47-year-old man, who only gave his surname as Shi, said officials should determine the cause of the collapse and those responsible for it as soon as possible. Shi lost his brother in the landslide and the fate of four of his other relatives remained unknown. An investigation was under way by a State Council (cabinet) investigation team. The government has ordered a nationwide safety check at such sites for potential problems. |
主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产一区二区三区禁18| 无码人妻一区二区三区四区AV| 国产极品AV嫩模| 粉嫩av国产一区二区三区| 欧美人成在线播放网站免费| 人妻丰满熟妇av无码区| 国产亚洲精品俞拍视频| 狠狠操夜夜爽| 人人澡人摸人人添| 99久久99久久精品国产片| 91中文字幕在线一区| 午夜无码无遮挡在线视频| 日韩中文字幕亚洲精品一| 在线A级毛片无码免费真人| 精品国产AV无码一区二区三区| 国产在线精品第一区二区| 亚洲亚洲网站三级片在线| 久久香蕉国产线看观看怡红院妓院 | 久9re热视频这里只有精品| 久久综合97丁香色香蕉| 亚洲欧洲AV系列天堂日产国码| 成人一区二区人妻不卡视频| h无码精品动漫在线观看| 亚洲成av人在线播放无码| 亚洲av永久无码精品秋霞电影影院| 国产精品国产高清国产av| 女女互揉吃奶揉到高潮视频| 99久久精品免费看国产电影| 日本中文字幕亚洲乱码| 精品无码人妻一区二区三区不卡 | 狠狠人妻久久久久久综合蜜桃| 丰满无码人妻热妇无码区| 精品女同一区二区三区不卡| 国产成人精品无码播放| 国产日韩欧美久久久精品图片| 亚洲第一极品精品无码久久| 国产三级精品在线免费| 九九热免费在线播放视频| 国模精品一区二区三区| 久久久这里只有精品10| 中文字幕人妻中文AV不卡专区 |