|
CHINA> National
![]() |
|
Biased Xinjiang riot coverage refuted
(Xinhua)
Updated: 2009-07-13 22:51 BEIJING: The Chinese have bombarded some foreign media's biased reports on the July 5 riot in Xinjiang, saying such practices have violated the principles of journalism and turned the Chinese readers off. In his letter to Xinhua Monday, a Chinese reporter said he wished to discuss with his Western colleagues the standards of fair and objective reporting. "As reporters, we're supposed to tell the truth and clarify the when, where, who, what, why and how for our readers," said the reporter, who has worked for 11 years as a journalist.
"I'm all too familiar with this photo, which was cropped from CCTV's news footage of the riot scenes. CCTV reporters found out they had been assaulted by the rioters," he said. "Did anyone at London Evening Standard interview them?" On July 8, the website removed the picture and caption at its readers' protest, but a story headlined "The women invoking Tiananmen's spirit" continued to describe the Xinjiang riot as "the crackdown on members of the Muslim minority by Chinese authorities". "If such bias angered me, then a Washington Post story published on July 10 about 'the right way to help the Uygurs' simply left me in hallucination, as if Xinjiang were somewhere in the States," he said, pointing to the author's bossy comments on the US government's Xinjiang policy and call for stronger support for Rebiya Kadeer and her World Uygur Congress, which the Chinese believe were behind the Xinjiang riot and a series of protests at Chinese embassies worldwide. DOUBLE STANDARDS CHALLENGED The Beijing Daily published a bylined article Sunday that questioned some Western media's "double standards" in the Xinjiang riot coverage. "Some Western reporters described the apparently criminal act as 'peaceful protest' sparked by 'ethnic discrimination'", wrote the author Qin Feng. He said these reporters ignored the plain facts, took sides with the desperados and even helped justify their criminal acts. "They have violated the principles of journalism and apparently applied 'double standards' in covering the Xinjiang riot and similar violence in some Western countries in the past." He referred to the 2005 unrest in the suburbs of Paris and the Los Angeles riots of 1992. "Not a single media report called these riots a result of prolonged ethnic discrimination, and not a single politician advocated for 'peace' and 'rights' against the governments' use of troops to restore order." |
主站蜘蛛池模板: 日韩有码精品中文字幕| 国产91特黄特色A级毛片| 亚洲综合国产精品第一页| 国产一区二区三区免费观看| 日本中文一区二区三区亚洲| 国产精品福利自产拍久久| 91精品少妇一区二区三区蜜桃臀 | 色婷婷婷丁香亚洲综合| 国产熟睡乱子伦午夜视频| 亚洲高潮喷水无码AV电影| 国产a√精品区二区三区四区| 72种姿势欧美久久久久大黄蕉| 亚洲国产成人av国产自| 撕开奶罩疯狂揉吮奶头| 狠狠狠色丁香综合婷婷久久| 一区二区亚洲精品国产精| 久久aaaa片一区二区| 亚洲熟女一区二区av| 影音先锋人妻啪啪av资源网站| 不卡国产一区二区三区| 67194熟妇在线直接进入| 国产一卡2卡3卡四卡精品国色无边| 国产伦码精品一区二区| 狼人久久尹人香蕉尹人| 99riav国产精品视频| 国产亚洲欧洲综合5388| 亚洲区一区二区三区精品| 伊在人间香蕉最新视频| 成人伊人青草久久综合网| 亚洲男女一区二区三区| 亚洲AV成人午夜福利在线观看| 国产午夜A理论毛片| av毛片| 黄瓜一区二区三区自拍视频| 日韩中文字幕v亚洲中文字幕| 东京热加勒比无码少妇| 欧美伦费免费全部午夜最新| 久久无码精品一一区二区三区| 国产不卡精品视频男人的天堂| 国产福利一区二区三区在线观看| 国产av午夜精品福利|