|
CHINA> Regional
![]() |
|
Syringe attackers get up to 15 years in jail
By Cui Jia and Cai Ke (China Daily)
Updated: 2009-09-14 06:47 URUMQI: No radioactive, toxic or viral substances, such as AIDS, were found in blood samples taken from victims of the recent spate of syringe attacks in Urumqi after being tested at a laboratory in Beijing, an expert said Sunday. But Qian Jun, director of Disease Control and Biological Security Office with China's Academy of Military Medical Sciences, said: "Although no radioactive or toxic substances were found, some patients showed various levels of anxiety and depression and have been recommended for psychological counseling." On Saturday, the first group of syringe attack suspects went on trial in Urumqi, capital of the Xinjiang Uygur autonomous region, following a series of attacks on at least 500 people in the city since mid-August. Two men and a woman were given sentences ranging from seven to 15 years in jail for syringe stabbings or robberies in which they threatened their victims with needles. Both trials took place in the Uygur language according to the defendants' wishes, with interpretation in Mandarin. The court sentenced 19-year-old Yilipan Yilihamu to 15 years in prison for injecting a hypodermic needle into a woman's buttocks on Aug 28 at a roadside fruit stall.
"The penalty given to Yilihamu is appropriate because his action caused public panic and led to grave consequences. He violated the Criminal Law," Chen Jing, a professor with the Law School of Xinjiang University, told China Daily. "It's only been just over two weeks between the arrest and sentencing of the suspect. The speedy trials showed the government's determination to crack down on crime and to foil any attempts to undermine social stability." In a separate trial in the same court, Muhutaerjiang Turdi, a 34-year-old man, and Aimannisha Guli, a 22-year-old woman, were sentenced to 10 years in jail with a fine of 5,000 yuan ($732) and seven years in prison with a fine of 3,000 yuan respectively, for robbing a taxi driver on Aug 29. The two threatened a taxi driver with a syringe and robbed him of 710 yuan in order to buy drugs. Guli was captured on the day of the robbery and Turdi turned himself in to police three days after. The court also found that Turdi was given a 14-year jail term for robbery in 2001 and was released in September last year. Guli was sentenced to a year in prison in January 2007 for theft and released in October of the same year. "The court made a fair judgment," Xu Chun, a lawyer with the Gonglian Law Office based in Urumqi, told China Daily. But some Urumqi residents believe the suspects should have received harsher sentences. "I think all three of them should get at least life imprisonment as they have caused a massive scare among people and everyone in the city has been deeply affected," a 27-year-old Urumqi resident speaking on condition of anonymity said Sunday. On the other hand, people with comparatively wider knowledge of law believe the punishment was accurate and appropriate. "Given the consequences of the criminals' crimes, objectively speaking, such a result is enough to punish them as well as sound an alarm to the general public", said 72-year-old Ma Wenxu, an imam with the Luyuanjie Mosque in the city. Xinhua contributed to the story |
主站蜘蛛池模板: 色猫咪av在线观看| 成人免费无遮挡无码黄漫视频| 色猫咪av在线网址| 亚洲人妻精品中文字幕| 欧洲成人午夜精品无码区久久| 熟妇人妻久久春色视频网| 亚洲精品日本久久一区二区三区| 亚洲精品麻豆一二三区| 亚洲熟妇自偷自拍另欧美| 精品人妻久久久久久888| 99久久久国产精品免费无卡顿| 久久亚洲精品情侣| 激情久久综合精品久久人妻| 国产午夜精品理论大片| 亚洲精品乱码久久久久久中文字幕| 国产精品 无码专区| 综合色区亚洲熟女妇p| 亚洲人成网站18禁止无码| 国产精品夫妇激情啪发布| 国产成人啪精品午夜网站| 国产亚洲精品福利片| 久久一夜天堂av一区二区| 极品人妻少妇一区二区三区| 国产亚洲欧洲av综合一区二区三区 | 国产精品麻豆中文字幕| 国产在线无码免费视频2021| 九九热免费精品视频在线| 久久99国产视频| 国模无吗一区二区二区视频| 国产a在视频线精品视频下载| 超碰成人精品一区二区三| 免费人成在线观看网站| 亚洲精品成人久久av| 亚洲红杏AV无码专区首页| 免费无码黄十八禁网站| 国内自拍网红在线综合一区| 国产成人免费一区二区三区| 少妇被粗大的猛进出69影院| 国产乱人伦偷精品视频下| 久久99精品久久水蜜桃| 亚洲一区二区三区无码久久|