<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区

          CHINA> National
          More H1N1 cases stoking public fears in China
          By Shan Juan (China Daily)
          Updated: 2009-11-03 08:24

          In October, the H1N1 flu pandemic killed seven people on the Chinese mainland, stoking the public's fears, and leading them to wonder what the death toll of the disease will be.

          A multitude of comments posted by concerned netizens have flooded the Internet recently, particularly after the latest H1N1 deaths of healthy young students. Some parents even kept schoolchildren at home as a precaution.

           Full Coverage:
          More H1N1 cases stoking public fears in China Flu Pandemic Outbreak

          Related readings:
          More H1N1 cases stoking public fears in China Flu vaccine benefits outweigh risks: Data
          More H1N1 cases stoking public fears in China Nationwide H1N1 vaccinations kick off
          More H1N1 cases stoking public fears in China H1N1 claims first Beijing victim
          More H1N1 cases stoking public fears in China Youths worst hit by H1N1
          More H1N1 cases stoking public fears in China WHO: China's H1N1 vaccine safe, effective

          More H1N1 cases stoking public fears in China Obama declares H1N1 flu a national emergency

          In response, health minister Chen Zhu tried to ease the mounting fear. "There is no need to panic and the pandemic is still well under control," he said last week.

          The latest nationwide survey, however, showed that more than 80 percent of flu patients in the country tested positive for H1N1. In September, that figure was only about 20 percent across the nation.

          The latest Ministry of Health tally showed that as of Nov 1, China has reported about 47,500 H1N1 flu cases on the mainland, including 104 severe cases and seven fatalities.

          A 14-year-old middle school student in Changning city of central Hunan province died on Saturday, becoming the latest victim killed by the virus.

          Experts are expecting the numbers to surge in most parts of China because the country has entered the peak flu season of autumn and winter.

          About 10 to 20 percent of the population might get infected, estimated Liang Wannian, deputy director of emergency response office under the Ministry of Health.

          Containing H1N1

          Meanwhile, efforts to contain the outbreak and mitigate the potential impact, like averting concentrated outbreaks, have been intensified.

          He Xiong, deputy director of the Beijing Centers for Diseases Control and Prevention (CDC), said the fatality rate is fairly low given the number of infections.

          In late September, China rolled out its nationwide vaccination program. The priority groups were students, the elderly, medical workers and those holding important public service posts.

          As the virus keeps spreading, more severe cases and deaths are unavoidable, which follows natural pattern as a virus evolves, he explained.

          "At the moment, nothing that has happened is abnormal or unexpected," he told China Daily last week.

          The public, however, is skeptical.

          "Seemingly the virus is running wild and we're all a little bit scared of the pandemic," said Liu Jie, a 29-year-old civil servant in Beijing, who decided to get the H1N1 vaccination.

          Previously she refused the shot for fear of potential side effects. "When the young man in Beijing died from H1N1, I just changed my mind," Liu said. "The risk from the virus is far more severe than from the vaccine."

          National emergency in US

          US President Barack Obama issued an H1N1 national emergency in late October, and this also prompted Liu to change her mind. World Health Organization (WHO) officials, however, clarified briefly that the US declaration didn't indicate worsening conditions either in US or the world.

          "In China, the pandemic has so far evolved steadily towards more cases overall, including more severe cases and more deaths," said Vivian Tan, press officer with the WHO Beijing Office last week.

          "As the H1N1 virus itself has shown no signs of mutation, current measures by Chinese authorities are appropriate," she stressed.

          Learning about the flu

          At present, top priorities for flu containment by Chinese health authorities include educating the public, particularly the groups with a higher risk, about prevention measures. Another priority is rapid treatment of patients, particularly those with heavy symptoms.

          Some 80 percent of new infections in Beijing happened on school campuses, said officials at the local health bureau. More than 90 percent of the patients were younger than 30.

          Public service announcements encouraging the general public to practice good hygiene, including frequent hand washing, were regularly aired on TV stations throughout the country.

          "These efforts need to be maintained at a high level," added Tan.

          The organization predicted yesterday that the H1N1 flu epidemic may not end until 80 percent of global population gets infected. Liang Wannian warned in August that tens of millions of people in China could get infected by H1N1 with millions seeking medical help.

          "That would stress China's limited intensive care capacity, even in big cities like Beijing and Shanghai," warned Zeng Guang, chief epidemiologist with China CDC.

          "We have to plan for the worst and make the best preparations," said deputy director He Xiong.

          Getting ready for H1N1

          All parts of China are gearing up for the acute challenge: expanding the vaccination schedule, training medical workers, and organizing supplies including antiviral drugs and other medical equipment like respiratory machines.

          Since the onset of the potentially deadly virus on the mainland in May, the State Council has held several executive meetings to address the pandemic and allocated five billion yuan for flu prevention and control.

          "At maximum treatment capacity in Beijing, we are able to deliver quality medical care for one third of the patients, particularly the severe cases," He said.

          In the worst-case scenario, when the number of severe patients exceeds the hospitals' capacity, public venues including schools and hotels would be used to accommodate patients, he added.

          "We will try every means to prevent that from happening," he said. "So far most of the H1N1 patients just showed mild symptoms."

          Tan also urged the Chinese government to strengthen health facilities, making sure there is enough capacity to cope with the potential increase in severe cases without neglecting other non-H1N1 patients.

             Previous page 1 2 Next Page  

           

          主站蜘蛛池模板: 日韩精品一区二区av在线| 国产精品自产拍在线观看花钱看| 丰满少妇特黄一区二区三区| 国产欧美另类久久久精品丝瓜| 女人与公狍交酡女免费| 国产亚洲精品AA片在线爽| 国产精品一品二区三区的使用体验| 91亚洲一线产区二线产区| 国产亚洲精品第一综合| 国产av仑乱内谢| 国产精品无码午夜福利| 久久久久亚洲av成人网址| 国产香蕉尹人综合在线观看| 亚洲 欧美 视频 手机在线| 亚洲天堂在线观看完整版| 成人av在线播放不卡| 亚洲一区二区av观看| 国产综合视频一区二区三区| 国产99在线 | 欧美| 亚洲成人资源在线观看| 四虎亚洲国产成人久久精品| 欧美午夜精品久久久久久浪潮 | 成人资源网亚洲精品在线| 爱性久久久久久久久| 日韩无矿砖一线二线卡乱| 无码中文字幕人妻在线一区| 中文字幕色av一区二区三区| 天天操夜夜操| 老司机性色福利精品视频| 久久精品夜夜夜夜夜久久| 亚洲国产香蕉视频欧美| 日韩中文字幕国产精品| 亚洲av无码第一区二区三区 | 国产精品v片在线观看不卡| 欧美日韩精品一区二区视频| 这里只有精品国产| 亚洲人成电影在线天堂色| 免费观看成年欧美1314www色| 青草成人精品视频在线看| 人妻少妇伦在线无码专区视频| 日韩精品亚洲不卡一区二区 |