<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区

          Society

          Flood-hit dyke in East China suffers new breach

          (Agencies/Xinhua)
          Updated: 2010-06-23 16:29
          Large Medium Small

          FUZHOU, China - A flood-battered dyke in China suffered a fresh breach on Wednesday morning as heavy flooding in the past week intensified and about 100,000 residents fled after an earlier break in its wall.

          The Fuhe River in Jiangxi province first burst through the protective the dyke on its Changkai section late on Monday, after days of torrential rain, threatening areas near the small city of Fuzhou. The width of the breach near Changhu Village, Luozhen Township was still not known, said the municipal flood control officials.

          Flood-hit dyke in East China suffers new breach
          Rescuers carry two children on a flooded street in Fuzhou, Jiangxi province, June 23, 2010. [Agencies] >>For More Photos

          The river punched through the embankment again early on Wednesday, the Xinhua news agency reported, citing the provincial Flood Control and Drought Relief Headquarters. Residents whose homes were threatened had already been evacuated at night.

          Troops in orange vests were using boats to search for stranded residents and take them to safety.

          "We did not want to leave, but they said there would be more heavy rain in the coming few days, so we decided to bring the children out," said Xiong Feijie, 31, who had been living on the upper floor of her home in Changkai town for the last two days.

          Soldiers, civil militia and police were concentrating their efforts in towns like Changkai on rescuing the elderly, children and pregnant women, and taking evacuees to a stadium in Fuzhou.

          Related readings:
          Flood-hit dyke in East China suffers new breach Residents evacuated after dyke breach in Jiangxi
          Flood-hit dyke in East China suffers new breach Floods breach dyke in river as rain persists
          Flood-hit dyke in East China suffers new breach Death toll in deluge hits 199
          Flood-hit dyke in East China suffers new breach Rescuers help villagers evacuate to safe places

          "We were lacking rescue equipment the past few days, so they have been sending us more boats today and we've stepped up rescue work," said rescuer Cui Suilai.

          In some areas, the flood waters were up to chest level, inundating the ground floors of homes, shops and restaurants.

          Heavy rain across much of southern China over the last week has killed at least 199 people and left 123 missing, as rivers broke their banks and landslides severed road and rail links, the Ministry of Civil Affairs said.

          More than 2.38 million people have been evacuated, although many are moved only short distances.

          ECONOMIC LOSSES

          Flood-hit dyke in East China suffers new breach
          A local resident navigates his boat in a flooded area of Fuzhou, Jiangxi province, June 22, 2010. [Agencies] >>For More Photos

          The floods have caused economic losses of around 42.12 billion yuan ($6.2 billion), with more than 1.6 million hectares of farmland flooded and about 195,000 houses collapsing.

          More than 15,000 people, including troops and police officers, were attempting to staunch the Changkai Dyke breach with sandbags and other material, news reports said.

          Officials rushed to seal the first breach in the dyke that expanded to 400 metres (440 yards), swallowing chunks of the 82 km (50 miles) barrier protecting a low-lying farming area with about 150,000 residents.

          By Wednesday, troops and officials had shepherded to safety 100,000 people whose homes were flooded or threatened, Xinhua said. It said there had been no casualties to date.

          President Hu Jintao and Premier Wen Jiabao called for "all-out efforts to combat floods and save lives" following the dyke's collapse.

          Nearly every year, parts of China endure deadly floods. The National Meteorological Centre has warned that the current rain could keep pounding parts of the south until Saturday.

          In parts of Fujian and Guangdong province more than 100 cm (39 inches) of rain has fallen in the past few days. More rain is forecast for the rest of the week.

          Worst hit were the provinces and regions of Fujian, Jiangxi, Hunan, Guangdong, Sichuan, Guizhou and Guangxi. Some of these areas had been suffering a severe drought a few months ago.

          ($1 = 6.796 Yuan)

             Previous Page 1 2 Next Page  

          主站蜘蛛池模板: 无码AV中文字幕久久专区| 国产成人AV在线播放不卡| 麻豆一区二区三区蜜桃免费| 亚洲欧美日韩综合一区在线| 国产精品自拍实拍在线看| 精品国产迷系列在线观看| 蜜臀色欲AV无码人妻| 国产精品入口中文字幕| 国产成人无码一区二区在线播放 | 成年女人碰碰碰视频播放| 国产蜜臀视频一区二区三区| 日韩精品人妻中文字幕| 一区二区三区四区精品黄| 精品久久免费国产乱色也| 免费无码高潮流白浆视频| 亚洲av二区伊人久久| 亚洲午夜伦费影视在线观看| 亚洲精品成人一二三专区| 少妇无码AV无码专区| 免费区欧美一级猛片| 国产成人无码免费看视频软件 | 亚洲国产精品色一区二区| 国产AV一区二区三区| 国产绿帽在线视频看| 成年在线观看免费人视频 | 久久99精品久久水蜜桃| 亚洲精品一区二区五月天| 夜夜摸日日摸视频| 日韩精品亚洲不卡一区二区| 五月婷婷久久中文字幕| 久久精品免费自拍视频| 国产精品白丝久久AV网站| 国产精品乱码一区二区三| 亚洲国产精品高清久久久| 中文字幕无码免费不卡视频| 99在线视频免费观看| 国产成人精品永久免费视频| 亚洲精品国产一区二区在线观看| 国产99视频精品免费视频76| 开心五月激情五月俺亚洲| 亚洲精品成人片在线观看精品字幕|