<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
          USEUROPEAFRICAASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
          Home / World

          US combat troops to leave Iraq next Aug

          China Daily | Updated: 2009-02-28 08:15

          US President Barack Obama was set to announce on Friday he will pull US combat forces from Iraq by August 2010, winding down the unpopular six-year war but leaving behind up to 50,000 troops.

          Obama's decision to leave a sizable force to bolster stability was welcomed by congressional Republicans, including former presidential candidate Senator John McCain, while some Democrats were concerned too many troops would remain in Iraq.

          The announcement fulfills a major campaign promise that Obama made last year as he concentrates on beefing up the US military presence in Afghanistan to turn back the resurgent Taliban.

          His visit to Camp Lejeune, a Marine Corps base in North Carolina, came at the end of a long week in which he focused on rebuilding the US economy and unveiled a huge $3.55 trillion budget blueprint for fiscal 2010.

          Obama's 19-month timetable marks a historic juncture in an unpopular war that has proven enormously costly to the United States and defined the presidency of George W. Bush. It has been a huge drain on the Treasury, cost the lives of some 4,250 US soldiers and severely damaged America's standing in the world.

          "The president will announce that the current combat mission in Iraq will end on August 31, 2010. At that point, the remaining forces in Iraq will undertake a new mission, a more limited mission," a senior administration official said, speaking on condition of anonymity.

          Some 35,000 to 50,000 of the 142,000 US troops now in Iraq will remain to train and equip the Iraqi forces, protect civilian reconstruction projects and conduct limited counterterrorism operations, the official said.

          Key congressional leaders got a White House briefing on Thursday giving them details of the plan. Obama drew support from McCain, who on the campaign trail last year bitterly fought Obama's call to withdraw troops from Iraq.

          "Senator McCain supports the plan to leave 50,000 troops in Iraq," said McCain spokeswoman Brooke Buchanan. She said McCain was going to speak about it on the Senate floor on Friday.

          Key Democrats appeared cool to the plan. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, asked about leaving 50,000 troops in Iraq, said on Thursday: "That's a little higher number than I had anticipated."

          House of Representatives Speaker Nancy Pelosi, a Democrat, in an MSNBC interview on Wednesday said she wanted to hear the president's justification for keeping 50,000 troops in Iraq.

          Defense Secretary Robert Gates said whatever Obama decided would be "a way station" since all US troops must be out of Iraq by the end of 2011 under an agreement negotiated with the Iraqi government.

          He said "the thinking all along had been that any force left after we stopped combat operations would be focused on the counterterrorism mission, on training, advising, assistance, and that sort of thing."

          For many war-weary Americans, the Iraq War has been dramatically overshadowed by a deep recession that has left many struggling to make ends meet and millions jobless.

          As US troops draw down, Washington will put more focus on a regional diplomatic strategy and greater efforts to encourage Iraq's leaders to strengthen a fragile political stability to prevent a resurgence of the sectarian bloodshed that killed tens of thousands of Iraqis.

          By the end of 2011, the aim is to have "zero" US troops in Iraq, in line with a military pact signed between the two countries, the official said. Asked whether the drawdown was irrevocable, another official said Obama reserved the right to revisit any plans if it was in the US national interest.

          Agencies

          (China Daily 02/28/2009 page11)

          Today's Top News

          Editor's picks

          Most Viewed

          Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
          License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

          Registration Number: 130349
          FOLLOW US
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产精品午夜福利精品| 精品国产91久久粉嫩懂色| 欧美大bbbb流白水| 又爽又黄又无遮掩的免费视频| AV在线亚洲欧洲日产一区二区| 国产不卡久久精品影院| 国产一区二区三区小说| 《特殊的精油按摩》3| 久久精品亚洲乱码伦伦中文| 亚洲精品中文字幕在线观| 日韩有码中文字幕国产| 久久av高潮av喷水av无码| 91精品国产吴梦梦在线观看永久| 日韩精品视频免费久久| 国产亚洲一区二区三不卡| 国内精品久久人妻无码不卡| 性欧美乱熟妇xxxx白浆| 国产精品麻豆成人AV电影艾秋 | 不卡一区二区三区四区视频| 欧美精品一产区二产区| 日韩有码中文在线观看| 成年女人喷潮免费视频| 视频二区中文字幕在线| 777久久精品一区二区三区无码 | 综合色亚洲| 国产suv精品一区二区四| 西西午夜无码大胆啪啪国模| 久久国内精品自在自线观看| 久久国产精品老人性| 色综合色综合综合综合综合 | 国产乱妇乱子视频在播放| av老司机亚洲精品天堂| 国产午夜福利精品久久不卡| 亚洲av日韩av一区久久| 亚洲 欧洲 自拍 偷拍 首页| AV人摸人人人澡人人超碰| 最近2019免费中文字幕8| 久久亚洲精精品中文字幕| AV极品无码专区亚洲AV| 国产黄色精品高潮播放| 高清无码爆乳潮喷在线观看|