<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            .contact us |.about us
          Home BizChina Newsphoto Cartoon LanguageTips Metrolife DragonKids SMS Edu
          news... ...
                       Focus on... ...
             

          Up to 100 feared dead in DR Congo after volcano lava ignites blast
          ( 2002-01-22 10:03 ) (7 )

          A petrol depot swamped in molten lava exploded Monday, leaving as many as 100 people dead in a city left in ruins after a volcano erupted last week.

          Looters were siphoning fuel when the station ignited, belching a ball of fire and thick black smoke into the sky over Goma, where rivers of lava have gushed through the city since Thursday's eruption of Mount Nyirangongo.

          "There was a group there who took a wrong step. Many of them died," said Azarias Ruberwa, a spokesman for Congolese rebels who control the region. He said between 60 and 100 people were killed.

          He said the casualties were the first confirmed deaths resulting directly from the eruption of Mount Nyirangongo, which sent hundreds of thousands of people fleeing into neighboring Rwanda.

          Hospital sources said another 10 people had been killed and nearly 400 were being treated at hospitals in Goma and in the Rwandan town of Gisenyi, while

          other unconfirmed reports have spoken of a death toll of around 40.

          The tragedy unfolded as residents kept returning to the city in search of food and water despite warnings from aid agencies that Goma was not yet safe.

          An AFP reporter said further tremors were still shaking the region on Monday night although a volcano expert said the risk of more eruptions from Nyirangongo was minimal.

          "The current phase of the active eruption is finished. The volcano is quiet," said Jacques Durieux, a vulcanologist working with the United Nations.

          Asked whether it was now safe for residents to return, he said: "That is an impossible question. My recommendation is not to live on the foot of any active volcano."

          But he ruled out fears of mass suffocation if gases at the bottom of nearby Lake Kivu react dangerously with lava flowing into the water at the Goma shore.

          "There is no reason for the methane and carbon dioxide to rise to the surface," he said.

          The lava flowed much more slowly than in the previous major eruption of Nyiragongo, which in 1977 killed some 2,000 people in one of the fastest moving disasters vulcanologists had ever seen.

          Goma, a city in the east of the Democratic Republic of Congo, regained some of its usual bustle Monday.

          The residents had streamed back on Sunday over the objections of humanitarian organisations warning of air and water pollution from the lava and the risk of further volcanic activity.

          The most pressing needs in Goma were food and water, with residents complaining of an absence of aid distribution in the city.

          The United Nations has set up two camps in Gisenyi, to where most of Goma's population fled Thursday, but these remained virtually empty.

          Some food -- fruit, vegetables and flour -- was being sold by the side of the road in Goma but not in large quantities.

          UN officials have repeatedly said they did not want to distribute available food stocks until the risk of further volcanic eruptions was ruled out.

          On Monday evening, one of its top officials, Ross Mountain, said it would make a decision by morning in the light of the Durieux's findings.

          The lack of humanitarian assistance in Goma has angered its residents, who are deeply distrustful of the government in Rwanda, whose forces back the rebels from the Congolese Rally for Democracy (RCD).

          "Rwanda would love to help us so they can help themselves to the aid," one resident said.

          "We are used to fleeing," said Fabrice Ali, 18. "They should bring the food here."

          "We repeat with emphasis that we cannot take refuge in Rwanda, nor in any other foreign country. Our country is large, let them deliver aid here," declared a local aid worker who asked not to be named.

          The RDC began distributing food and water in Goma on Monday. At one school, officials were taking the names of beneficiaries as a waiting crowd grew impatient and angry.

          Occasionally one person would be called up to receive rations of salt, oil, sugar and other goods.

           
             
           
             

           

                   
                   
                 
                  .contact us |.about us
            Copyright By chinadaily.com.cn. All rights reserved  
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产乱码一区二区三区免费| 日本激情久久精品人妻热| 91国语精品3p在线观看| 日韩蜜桃AV无码中文字幕不卡高清一区二区 | 国产精品成人免费视频网站京东| 午夜福利国产精品小视频| 国产av无码专区亚洲av软件| 无码成人午夜在线观看| 国产成人免费午夜在线观看| P尤物久久99国产综合精品| 大香伊蕉在人线国产免费| 国产精品一区二区三区专区| 蜜桃无码一区二区三区 | 亚洲一区二区精品偷拍| 国产精品一区高清在线观看| 成人午夜免费无码视频在线观看| 2021无码天堂在线| 亚洲一二三四区中文字幕| 国产99久久亚洲综合精品西瓜tv| 九九热在线精品视频免费| 一本久久a久久精品亚洲| 亚洲熟妇丰满多毛xxxx| 亚洲人成网站18禁止人| 在线观看亚洲欧美日本| 亚洲一二三区精品与老人| 亚洲 校园 欧美 国产 另类 | 欧美乱妇狂野欧美在线视频| 亚洲国产成人精品女人久| 最近免费中文字幕mv在线视频3| 亚洲av二区三区在线| 99福利一区二区视频| 中文字幕日韩一区二区不卡| 人人妻人人揉人人模人人模| 91密桃精品国产91久久| 久久99九九精品久久久久蜜桃 | 呦女亚洲一区精品| 亚洲乱码一区二区三区视色| 国产精品自在线拍国产手青青机版| 国模吧双双大尺度炮交gogo| 国产精品99久久免费| 国产睡熟迷奷系列网站|