<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
             

          28 killed in Baghdad suicide bombing

          (AP)
          Updated: 2007-03-05 18:55

          As the insurgency picked up steam in the past few years, Sadr City became the site of frequent battles. Among the US casualties was Spc. Casey Sheehan, whose death on April 4, 2004, began the anti-war campaign of his mother, Cindy Sheehan.

          Last week, US and Iraqi forces began pinpoint raids into Sadr City seeking suspected leaders of Shiite death squads blamed for thousands of execution-style slayings of Sunni rivals in recent years. Since Friday, military planners have worked inside a Sadr City police station in apparent preparations to create a permanent outpost, police said.

          Despite the calm crossing into Sadr City, some quickly protested the strong US presence.

          An al-Sadr ally, lawmaker Falah Hassan, claimed the Sadr City pact called for Iraqi forces to lead the searches and only call in US units if they faced resistance. He called the front-line US role a "provocative act."

          Al-Sadr, too, has complained about the heavy US role in the raids around the city. In a statement last week, he also decried the security plan's inability to stop car bombs and other attacks blamed on Sunni insurgent groups against Shiite civilians.

          The comments raised worries that he could order his Mahdi Army to confront forces carrying out the security operation. But he didn't attempt to raise the stakes - a possible sign of newfound caution from al-Sadr.

          Late last year, Washington strong-armed Shiite Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki into pulling his protection for the firebrand cleric, who is based in the Shiite holy city of Najaf in southern Iraq and is a major political ally of the prime minister.

          "We don't know if he has a change of heart, but certainly there is a change of tactic," the US ambassador to Iraq, Zalmay Khalilzad, told CNN.

          For a third consecutive day, Baghdad was spared a car bombing or attack bringing mass casualties. But there was still bloodshed. A Shiite newspaper editor and a police officer were gunned down.

          After nightfall, US artillery was heard across Baghdad. In recent days, US gunners have hit suspected Sunni insurgent staging grounds south of the city.

          Around the capital, US forces reported the discovery of a series of weapons caches.

          In southern Iraq, a joint British-Iraqi raid Sunday on the National Iraqi Intelligence Agency in Basra, about 340 miles southeast of Baghdad, discovered 30 prisoners, including one woman and two children, with signs of torture and abuse, the British military said.

          The raid also captured an alleged death squad leader and four other suspected militiamen blamed for "kidnap, torture, murder and involvement in roadside bomb attacks on multinational forces and civilians," said Maj. David Gell, a British military spokesman.

          Al-Maliki, the prime minister, ordered an investigation into the raid and vowed to punish "those who carried out this illegal and irresponsible act."

          West of Baghdad, troops taking part in an operation that began Wednesday also stumbled upon an apparent hide-out west of Baghdad that was used by Sunni insurgents for torture and summary executions.

          Lt. Col. Valery Keaveny described breaking through a double-locked door to find an Iraqi police officer and another Iraqi man who had undergone "considerable torture." The policeman had been shot in both ankles and the other man had been dangling from the ceiling and "beaten severely by a pipe for a good deal of time," Keaveny told reporters.

          The captives told US soldiers they had been convicted to death by an insurgent court at the site - about 18 miles west of Baghdad near the village of Karmah - and had the choice of either beheading or a fatal gunshot, said Keaveny.

          They were spared immediate death, Keaveny said, because the insurgents' video camera didn't work and they had gone to get a new one to film the executions. "(The insurgents) said they would be back in the morning," he said. "And that's when we came in, that night."

          The two men were taken by US forces for medical treatment.

          The site also contained a huge stockpile of more than 1 million pounds of aluminum sulfate, which can be used as a component in nitrate-based fertilizer explosives. But it also has other commercial uses, including water purification. Aluminum sulfate was among the items found in the car of the so-called millennium bomber, Ahmed Ressam, an Algerian convicted in 2001 of plotting to bomb Los Angeles International Airport.

          Elsewhere, the military said an airstrike Saturday in Arab Jabour, on the southern outskirts of Baghdad, forced insurgents to flee and leave behind four Iraqi hostages - one claiming he had been held for 50 days.

          On Saturday, an al-Qaida-affiliated group posted a video purporting to show the execution of 18 kidnapped government security forces. The Islamic State of Iraq said it carried out the killings - with the victims being shot in the back of the head - in retaliation for the alleged rape of a Sunni woman by members of the Shiite-dominated police last month. The authenticity of the three-minute video could not be immediately verified.

          The group also said it had killed 14 policemen, whose bodies were found Friday in the northeast province of Diyala. Some of the victims were decapitated, according to an AP photographer.

          "It would be very helpful to the people of Iraq if civic and religious leaders, Sunni and Shia alike, would publicly denounce these horrific acts," said Maj. Gen. Benjamin R. Mixon, commander of US forces north of Baghdad. "With many influential leaders making the same statement, the population will realize that these terrorists are not the future of Iraq."


           12


          Top World News  
          Today's Top News  
          Most Commented/Read Stories in 48 Hours
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 啊灬啊灬啊灬快灬高潮了电影片段| 欧洲免费一区二区三区视频 | 在线一区二区中文字幕| 日韩爱爱视频| 999精品色在线播放| 亚洲色欲或者高潮影院 | 亚洲av综合色区在线观看| 欧美高清一区三区在线专区| 国产精品久久久国产盗摄| 色噜噜噜亚洲男人的天堂| 国产蜜臀视频一区二区三区| 四虎永久播放地址免费| 国产粉嫩小泬在线观看泬| 好吊视频一区二区三区人妖 | 天天色天天综合网| 国产明星精品无码AV换脸| 日韩av在线直播| 中文字幕久久六月色综合| 久久精品国产最新地址| 国产精品午夜福利导航导| 欧美日韩高清在线观看| 久久91精品牛牛| 亚洲欧美在线观看一区二区| 午夜精品无人区乱码1区2区 | 九九热热久久这里只有精品| 精品一区二区三区四区五区| 久久精品人妻无码一区二区三区| 无码人妻斩一区二区三区| 深夜宅男福利免费在线观看| 久久精品无码免费不卡| 国产成人亚洲综合无码品善网 | 本免费Av无码专区一区| 樱花草在线社区WWW韩国| 日韩av在线不卡免费| 精品国产精品午夜福利| 中文字幕国产精品一二区| 亚洲av无码精品蜜桃| 美女啪啪网站又黄又免费| 亚洲国产一区二区三区久| 荡公乱妇hd电影中文字幕| 国产精品夫妇激情啪发布|