<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
          US EUROPE AFRICA ASIA 中文
          World / Middle East

          Egypt plunges into turmoil as protests rise

          (Agencies/China Daily) Updated: 2012-11-29 08:05

          Massive rallies held to denounce Morsi's decree giving himself sweeping powers

          Egypt on Wednesday plunged deeper into its worst political crisis since President Mohammed Morsi took office in June, with massive opposition rallies nationwide signaling a new "revolution" nearly two years after Hosni Mubarak was toppled.

          Police early on Wednesday fired tear gas into Cairo's Tahrir Square, where several hundred protesters spent the night after a mass rally to denounce Morsi's power grab.

          Egypt plunges into turmoil as protests rise

          A protester throws a tear-gas canister back during clashes with riot police in Tahrir Square, Cairo, on Tuesday. Opponents of President Mohammed Morsi protested in the square for a fifth day, stepping up calls to scrap a decree they say threatens Egypt with a new era of autocracy. Mohamed Abd El Ghany / Reuters 

          Clashes that have been erupting on streets just off Tahrir spilled into the square in the morning, with canisters falling into the crowd, forcing protesters to run and sending clouds of tear gas over the tents housing the demonstrators, television images showed.

          Protesters are furious at the decree Morsi announced on Nov 15 that allows him to "issue any decision or law that is final and not subject to appeal", which effectively placed him beyond judicial oversight.

          The television footage showed masked protesters grabbing tear-gas canisters and throwing them back at police in a street close to the US embassy, off Tahrir.

          Egypt's Supreme Consitutional Court on Wednesday accused Morsi of an unjustified attack on its independence when he gave his reasons for issuing the decree granting himself sweeping powers.

          "There was an attack against the court, false information was circulated about it ... but the real sadness for its judges was that the president of the republic joined in the attack against the constitutional court," its head Maher al-Beheiry told reporters.

          He denied Morsi's accusations that the court was biased or had leaked rulings to the media and called on the president to provide evidence.

          On Tuesday, more than 200,000 protesters packed the square in the biggest challenge yet to Morsi.

          Clashes broke out in several cities, with Morsi's opponents attacking Muslim Brotherhood offices, setting fire to at least one. Protesters and Brotherhood members pelted each other with stones and firebombs in the Nile Delta city of Mahalla el-Kobra, leaving at least 150 people injured.

          At least three people have died in one week of clashes.

          "Power has exposed the Brotherhood. We discovered their true face," said Laila Salah, a housewife at the Tahrir protest who said she voted for Morsi in last summer's presidential election. "It's like a wife whose husband was beating her and then she divorces him and becomes free," she said. "If she remarries, she'll never accept another day of abuse."

          The massive, flag-waving throng protesting Morsi's assertion of near-absolute powers rivaled some of the largest crowds that helped drive Hosni Mubarak from office last year.

          "The people want to bring down the government!" and "Erhal, erhal" - Arabic for "Leave, leave" - rang out across the plaza, this time directed at Egypt's first freely elected president.

          US officials said Washington was closely following the drama unfolding in Egypt, with a warning that Cairo could put vast amounts of international aid at stake if it veers off the democratic course.

          The situation was evolving, State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland said. "I think we don't yet know what the outcome (is) ... going to be. But that's a far cry from an autocrat just saying, my way or the highway," she said.

          "We want to see Egypt continuing on a reform path to ensure that any money forthcoming from the IMF truly supports a stabilization and a revitalization of a dynamic economy based on market principles," Nuland said.

          The International Monetary Fund on Tuesday said Egypt can still get its $4.8 billion loan - agreed last week - despite the turmoil as long as there is "no major change" in its reform commitments.

          AFP - AP - Xinhua


           

          Trudeau visits Sina Weibo
          May gets little gasp as EU extends deadline for sufficient progress in Brexit talks
          Ethiopian FM urges strengthened Ethiopia-China ties
          Yemen's ex-president Saleh, relatives killed by Houthis
          Most Popular
          Hot Topics

          ...
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产AV老师黑色丝袜美腿| 中文字幕亚洲人妻系列| 日本中文字幕有码高清| 全免费A级毛片免费看无码| 国产乱子伦视频在线播放| 亚洲有无码av在线播放| 亚洲精品二区在线播放| а√天堂中文在线资源bt在线| 人妻一区二区三区人妻黄色| 高清性欧美暴力猛交| 99国产精品自在自在久久| 国产精品夫妇激情啪发布| 日日躁狠狠躁狠狠爱| 国产香蕉久久精品综合网| AV秘 无码一区二| 国产精品人成视频免费播放| 大地资源高清播放在线观看| 久久精品夜色国产亚洲av | 日日躁夜夜躁狠狠躁超碰97| 欧美日韩在线亚洲综合国产人| 亚洲国产欧美在线看片一国产 | 亚洲AV无码无在线观看红杏| 深夜精品免费在线观看| 亚洲日本乱码一区二区在线二产线| 开心久久综合激情五月天| 国产一区二区三区小说| 亚洲成人精品在线伊人网| 熟女一区| 国产精品无码无片在线观看3d| 国产a网站| 亚洲精品国产美女久久久| 中文字幕人成无码免费视频| 亚洲毛片多多影院| 99久久免费只有精品国产| 中文字幕在线视频免费| 国产日产精品系列| 国产视频一区二区三区麻豆| 翘臀少妇被扒开屁股日出水爆乳| 在线国产毛片手机小视频| 国产在线一区二区不卡| a级毛片免费观看在线|