<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            .contact us |.about us
          Home BizChina Newsphoto Cartoon LanguageTips Metrolife DragonKids SMS Edu
          news... ...
                       Focus on... ...
             

          Israel, Palestinians urged to restrain violence
          ( 2001-05-26 09:54 ) (7 )

          Israeli and Palestinian leaders came under growing international pressure on Saturday to put a halt to eight months of bloodshed following suicide bombings in the heart of the Jewish state and the Gaza Strip.

          US Secretary of State Colin Powell appealed to both sides to show restraint, and European Union foreign policy chief Javier Solana called on them to "revive hope and trust and return to the peace process".

          But after another day of violence, there were few signs that Israelis and Palestinians were any closer to ending their hostilities, which have claimed more than 500 lives since peace talks broke down last September.

          Two Palestinians blew themselves up in a suicide bombing that injured 67 people in the central Israeli town of Hadera on on Friday just hours after a truck driver died carrying out an attack against an Israeli army outpost in the Gaza Strip.

          After nightfall, a Palestinian activist with President Yasser Arafat's Fatah faction was killed and several others wounded when their car exploded in the West Bank town of Nablus.

          A Palestinian source close to the activists said a grenade they were carrying detonated by accident, but the official Palestinian news agency later carried a statement in which the Palestinian Authority accused Israel of carrying out an "assassination".

          The Israeli army said its forces played no role in the explosion.

          MEASURED RESPONSE

          Friday's bombings carried out by militant Islamic groups were the kinds of bloody attacks that would normally draw swift, harsh Israeli retaliation against Palestinian targets.

          When a suicide bomber killed himself and five others at a shopping mall a week earlier in the seaside city of Netanaya, Israel unleashed its warplanes against Palestinian targets for the first time since the 1967 Middle East war.

          But this time Israeli officials signalled that they were taking a more measured response.

          Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon seized the opportunity to repeat his call for a ceasefire + an initiative that Palestinians dismissed as a propaganda ploy when he first announced it on Tuesday night.

          "I repeat a call and hope that the head of the Palestinian Authority Arafat and the Palestinian Authority will finally instruct and call for a ceasefire," Sharon told a news conference.

          But he also issued a veiled threat, saying "we won't sit with our hands tied" and giving Arafat only a few more days to consider his proposal.

          Palestinian leaders disputed Israeli claims they were acting with greater restraint, pointing to the destruction of a Palestinian police station in the Gaza Strip on Friday in apparent reprisal for a truck bombing there.

          "What is needed now is more than Sharon's public relations stunts. The Israeli violence...did not stop for a minute," senior Palestinian cabinet minister Saeb Erekat told Reuters.

          The United States was continuing its efforts to broker a diplomatic solution.

          Arafat was expected to meet soon with US ambassador to Israel Martin Indyk, Consul General Richard Shlicher and the designated Assistant Secretary of State for Near Eastern Affairs William Burns, US officials said.

          Palestinian officials confirmed Arafat's interest in a meeting but said no firm date had been set.

          "Let's not wait for other things to happen. Let's just do it now and stop the violence," Powell said in a television interview from Johannesburg.

          Referring to the attack in Hadera that targeted a municipal bus with a car bomb, Powell said: "So what has been accomplished? Two more young men have given their lives for their cause...Has that moved anything one way or the other? No."

          "Will retaliation help? No. The violence will continue," Powell said. "So I call on all leaders of the world to call on leaders in the region to have an unconditional cessation of violence."

          At least 447 Palestinians, 87 Israelis and 13 Israeli Arabs have been killed in the revolt.

           
             
           
             

           

                   
                   
                 
                  .contact us |.about us
            Copyright By chinadaily.com.cn. All rights reserved  
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲熟女乱色综合一区| 色综合中文字幕色综合激情| 4399理论片午午伦夜理片| 人妻中文字幕免费观看| 麻豆国产高清精品国在线| 欧美一区二区三区成人久久片| 亚洲精品综合第一国产综合| 青青草一区在线观看视频| 国产美女mm131爽爽爽毛片| 国产男人的天堂在线视频| 国产一级视频久久| 国产精品中文一区二区| 成人免费av色资源日日| 国产成人高清亚洲一区二区| 欧美老熟妇乱子伦牲交视频| 亚洲 小说区 图片区 都市| 亚洲精品国产中文字幕| 最近中文字幕mv在线视频2018| 日本一道一区二区视频| 久久91精品牛牛| 日本三级成人中文字幕乱码| 中文有无人妻VS无码人妻激烈 | 高清无码爆乳潮喷在线观看| 亚洲永久视频| 91精品国产综合久久精品| 国产不卡一区在线视频| 国产精品色内内在线观看| 国产精品爽爽va在线观看网站 | 熟妇的奶头又大又长奶水视频| 第一精品福利导福航| 欧美日韩中文字幕视频不卡一二区| 精品国产91久久粉嫩懂色| 日韩国产亚洲一区二区三区| 成A人片亚洲日本久久| 香港三日本三级少妇三级视频| 国产亚洲一级特黄大片在线| 国产精品无码无需播放器| 国产精品亚洲视频在线观看 | 国产91精选在线观看| 亚洲av中文久久精品国内| 亚洲伊人久久综合影院|