<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            .contact us |.about us
          Home BizChina Newsphoto Cartoon LanguageTips Metrolife DragonKids SMS Edu
          news... ...
                       Focus on... ...
             

          Arafat-Peres meeting in doubt, again
          ( 2001-09-23 16:10 ) (7 )

          The Israeli cabinet weighed on Sunday whether to give a green light to high-level truce talks with the Palestinians that could help US efforts to forge an anti-terror alliance with Muslim and Arab states.

          Palestinian officials said talks between Israeli Foreign Minister Shimon Peres and Palestinian President Yasser Arafat had been scheduled for 5 p.m. (1400 GMT) at Gaza airport.

          Peres has been publicly pushing to meet Arafat, saying Israel owed the United States a debt of gratitude for decades of support.

          But Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon, who called Arafat a terrorist in a CNN interview on Friday, came under pressure from right-wing ministers to scrap the meeting.

          Sharon has demanded 48 hours of quiet as a condition for the talks, aimed at cementing a tenuous ceasefire announced last Tuesday.

          The level of fighting in a nearly year-long Palestinian uprising against Israeli occupation has dropped signficantly since the truce went into effect but violence has continued.

          "This is a democracy...it is not one man who decides alone," Raanan Gissin, a Sharon spokesman, told Reuters as the cabinet convened for its weekly session.

          "The ministers will voice their opinions, assessments will be based on the intelligence reports and after that there will be a decision," Gissin said.

          Right-wing minister Natan Sharansky met Sharon before the cabinet session to press him to block the Peres-Arafat meeting.

          "The prime minister said he does not agree there should be a meeting today," Sharansky told Israel Radio.

          INTERNATIONAL PRESSURE

          The international community has put Arafat and Peres under pressure to reach an accommodation and help attract Muslim nations into a broad coalition to fight global terrorism after the devastating September 11 attacks on the United States.

          During a preparatory meeting on Saturday, delegations from the two sides drafted a joint statement to be issued at the close of the Peres-Arafat talks, Israel's Ha'aretz newspaper reported on its website late on Saturday.

          In a tentative sign the truce may be taking root, members of the militant Hamas group and other Palestinian officials said Hamas was willing to suspend suicide attacks inside Israel "in the coming period" unless it was provoked by the Jewish state.

          But a night-time Palestinian mortar bomb attack on a Jewish settlement in the Gaza Strip followed by an Israeli tank incursion into a nearby Palestinian town threatened to dash hopes pinned on the relative calm.

          An Israeli army spokeswoman said Palestinians had fired two mortar bombs at the Kfar Darom settlement but caused no casualties. Shortly afterwards, two Israeli tanks rumbled some 500 metres (yards) into the town of Deir al-Balah under a heavy cover of machinegun volleys, Palestinian security sources said.

          Israeli military sources said the army entered Deir al-Balah to scan the area after the mortar bomb attack and came under Palestinian fire.

          MEETING SAID TO BE 'VERY SUCCESSFUL'

          Earlier, a senior Israeli political source described as "very successful" the preparatory meeting between Peres, a small Israeli delegation and senior Palestinian negotiators who set the agenda for the meeting on Sunday and drew up the joint statement.

          "If there are no exceptional security incidents, the meeting will take place," the source said.

          He declined to say where the meeting would be held.

          The Ha'aretz website report said the joint statement, intended to lay the groundwork for further talks, expressed the commitment of both sides to the ceasefire and the implementation of a US-led truce-to-talks plan.

          The plan, proposed by an international committee led by former US senator George Mitchell, calls for a cessation of violence followed by confidence-building measures that include a freeze in Jewish settlement building, and eventual peace talks.

          In the meantime, Ha'aretz reported, Israel and the Palestinians would renew security cooperation and Israel would ease its blockade on Palestinian areas where calm prevails. Israeli troops also would redeploy to positions held before the uprising began last September.

          Peres and Arafat, both Nobel Peace Prize winners, have met several times since the Palestinian revolt broke out in the West Bank and Gaza Strip after peace talks stalled. Their previous efforts have failed to staunch the bloodshed.

          At least three Palestinians and one Israeli have been killed since the truce began, bringing the overall death toll to at least 586 Palestinians and 168 Israelis.

          Palestinian Information Minister Yasser Abed Rabbo listed key issues for the success of a Peres-Arafat meeting.

          They were: a timetable for the implementation of the US-backed truce-to-talks plan under international supervision, the lifting of the Israeli blockade on Palestinian areas, a freeze on the establishment of a buffer zone on a section of the border between the West Bank and Israel proper, and an Israeli withdrawal from Palestinian institutions in East Jerusalem. 

           
             
           
             

           

                   
                   
                 
                  .contact us |.about us
            Copyright By chinadaily.com.cn. All rights reserved  
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 欧美性猛交xxxx免费看| 国产精品视频午夜福利| 欧美色资源| 麻豆国产成人AV在线播放| 国产日韩在线亚洲色视频| 欧美国产中文| 国产肥白大熟妇bbbb视频| 久久精品国产中文字幕| 手机在线国产精品| 精品国内自产拍在线观看| 亚洲综合精品一区二区三区| 日韩精品久久久肉伦网站| 亚洲综合另类小说专区| 2019国产精品青青草原| 好男人2019在线视频播放观看| 亚洲一线二线三线品牌精华液久久久| 好男人在线视频观看高清视频| 91色老久久精品偷偷蜜臀| 欧美成人精品一区二区三区免费 | 国产精品亚洲视频在线观看| 国产黄色av一区二区三区| 日本深夜福利在线观看| 亚洲精品乱码久久久久久中文字幕| 91久久性奴调教国产免费| 中文精品无码中文字幕无码专区 | 激情综合网激情国产av| 成人区人妻精品一区二区不卡视频| 亚洲成在人线AV品善网好看| 欧洲成人午夜精品无码区久久| 一区二区三区四区五区黄色| 中文字幕无码免费久久| 色综合热无码热国产| 国产精品午夜福利视频| 制服丝袜美腿一区二区| 精品中文人妻在线不卡| 精品国产美女福到在线不卡| 国产地址二永久伊甸园| 色综合色国产热无码一| 99久久精品久久久久久婷婷| 成人乱人乱一区二区三区| 最新精品国偷自产在线|