<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            2004Edition>News Center>World
                   
           

          Indonesia quake kills 23, more dead feared
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2004-02-06 20:51

          A powerful earthquake rocked Indonesia's eastern province of Papua on Friday, killing at least 23 people in a coastal town and possibly more in other areas, officials said.

          Many people were injured in the early morning quake, which measured 6.9 on the Richter scale and destroyed several buildings in the town of Nabire, the officials said.

          The national earthquake centre put the epicentre just seven km (four miles) from Nabire, where power to the town's 26,000 residents had yet to be restored as night fell.

          The quake closed Nabire's airport and many buildings were destroyed or set ablaze. Residents fearing aftershocks said they had set up tents near their homes to sleep in.

          "According to the latest news in the information centre, 23 people died," said Muhamad Son Ani, district police chief in Nabire.

          "This is only the report from the city, not counting those outside the city because communication lines are dead," he told Reuters by telephone.

          Some media were reporting as many as 29 people killed, but officials in Nabire contacted by Reuters late on Friday said the toll remained at 23.

          Son Ani said 62 injured people had been treated and sent home, 30 were in a military hospital and about 60 in a local hospital. Officials in Jakarta said as many as 600 people had been injured.

          The local hospital itself had been badly damaged, another official said.

          B. Rumbiak, Nabire meteorology station chief, told Reuters earlier by telephone that there had been 11 aftershocks.

          "The victims died because of fallen houses and buildings which could not endure earthquakes. And it was quite a heavy quake," said Fauzi, coordinator of the national earthquake centre.

          SLEEPING IN TENTS

          District police chief Son Ani said: "Residents are still afraid and worried that there will be other aftershocks because until now we can still feel the shaking. People are setting up tents outside their houses."

          He said the dead included at least four children ranging in age from one month to three years. There were also reports of fires in residential areas.

          "A local market is on fire and the fire brigade is struggling to put it out," Son Ani said.

          One resident described the situation in the town as tense.

          "Until now we can still feel the tremors and smoke is coming out from some houses," the man told Jakarta-based El Shinta radio.

          Officials said the quake had damaged some roads in Indonesia's eastern-most province, and Nabire airport had been closed due to a crack in the landing strip.

          Rugged but resource-rich Papua, formerly known as Irian Jaya, is 3,000 km (1,900 miles) east of Indonesia's capital, Jakarta.

          The US Geological Survey's (USGS) National Earthquake Information Center Web site said the earthquake measured 6.8 on the Richter scale, and struck at 6" The quake was felt in Manokwari, about 325 km (200 miles) from Nabire. "The doors shook and lots of stuff fell from the table," said George Leskona at the Manokwari meteorology station.

          But he told Reuters by telephone there were no reports of casualties or serious damage in the Manokwari area.

          The vast archipelago that makes up Indonesia, the world's fourth most populous nation, stretches along a geologically active area of frequent earthquakes and volcanic eruptions.

          Operations of the giant Grasberg copper and gold mine in Papua, jointly owned by Rio Tinto and Freeport-McMoRan Inc, were unaffected by the quake, although it was felt at the site, a spokesman in Jakarta said.

          The mining operation is about 175 km (110 miles) from the earthquake epicentre.

           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Explosion hits the Moscow metro, killing 40

           

             
           

          FAO: Bird flu virus found in pigs; Viet Nam denies

           

             
           

          37 killed in Beijing lantern festival stampede

           

             
           

          Taiwan spy ring cracked in Nanjing -- reports

           

             
           

          15 Chinese cockle hunters die on British beach

           

             
            Explosion hits the Moscow metro, killing 40
             
            US defends pardon of nuclear trafficker
             
            FAO: Bird flu virus found in pigs; Viet Nam denies
             
            Bush: Arms 'we thought' were in Iraq not found
             
            UN meeting seeks $488 million to rebuild Liberia
             
            Pakistan's President pardons disgraced scientist
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            News Talk  
            The evil root of all instability in the world today  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲国产精品视频一二区| 51福利国产在线观看午夜天堂| 乱色熟女综合一区二区三区| 视频一区无码中出在线| 亚洲午夜精品国产电影在线观看 | 99精品国产兔费观看久久99 | 欧美成人性色一区欧美成人性色区 | 日韩人妻无码精品系列| 日韩在线视频线观看一区| 亚洲国产成人va在线观看天堂| 亚洲av成人久久18禁| 国产欧美综合在线观看第十页| 色噜噜噜亚洲男人的天堂| 中文字幕无线码在线观看| 中文字幕亚洲日韩无线码| 色婷婷亚洲精品综合影院| 国产美女久久久亚洲综合| 少妇久久久被弄到高潮| 九九久久人妻精品一区色| 日韩中av免费在线观看| 亚洲欧洲日产国产最新| 午夜福利精品一区二区三区| 性动态图无遮挡试看30秒| 老司机精品成人无码AV| 国产亚洲tv在线观看| 国产精品久久久国产盗摄| 无码射肉在线播放视频| 国产成人精选在线观看不卡| 狠狠做五月深爱婷婷伊人| 亚洲高清揄拍自拍| 日韩av片无码一区二区不卡| 波多野结衣一区二区三区高清| 免费无码AV一区二区波多野结衣 | 久久久99精品成人片中文字幕| 国产精品自拍视频免费看| 欧美一区二区三区在线观看| 伊人成人在线视频免费| 在线看免费无码av天堂| 亚洲熟妇色xxxxx亚洲| 久久国产福利播放| 亚洲国产欧美日韩另类|