<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Full Coverages>World>Iraq Beyond War
             
           

          Al Qaeda sought civil war
          By (Agencies)
          Updated: 2004-02-10 08:57

          An anti-American operative in Iraq appealed for help from al-Qaeda leaders to help spark a sectarian war between Shiite and Sunni Muslims in an effort to "tear the country apart," U.S. officials said Monday.

          The officials confirmed a report Monday in The New York Times about the alleged plan, which was outlined in a 17-page letter that U.S. forces confiscated from an al-Qaeda suspect in Iraq.

          The US-led coalition believe Zarqawi, seen here on a mugshot, wrote a memo that proposes that Al-Qaeda provoke a Sunni-Shiite conflict to disrupt the planned handover to a transitional government in Iraq.  [AFP/File]
          "We believe the report and document are credible. We take the report seriously," Brig. Gen. Mark Kimmitt, deputy chief of operations, told a news conference. He said the letter would be made public later.

          A U.S. official, speaking on condition of anonymity, said the letter was on a computer disk found on Hassan Ghul, a senior al-Qaeda courier arrested last month by Kurdish forces as he tried to enter the country from Iran.

          The Times said its reporter viewed the Arabic document and a military translation on Sunday. It said the document is the strongest evidence to date of contacts between extremists in Iraq and al-Qaeda.

          Kimmitt said the letter was believed written by Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, a Jordanian who is suspected of having ties to al-Qaeda.

          "We are persuaded that al-Zarqawi was the author of the letter. It is our understanding that this letter was being taken out of the country for delivery abroad," he said.

          Coalition spokesman Dan Senor said the letter talks about "a strategy of provoking violence, targeted at Shiites leaders that would result in reprisals against other ethnic groups within the country."

          The strategy is "focused on provoking ethnic sectarian warfare in this country in the hope of tearing this country apart," Senor said.

          White House spokesman Scott McClellan, speaking aboard Air Force One, said the United States would not be detered from its mission of establishing democracy in Iraq.

          "Iraq is the central front in the war on terrorism. There are foreign terrorists who realize the stakes are high and they seek to do everything they can to undermine the aspirations of the Iraqi people," he said. "But democracy and freedom are taking root in Iraq and there's no turning back."

          U.S. Secretary of State Colin Powell said the the letter was very revealing because it shows that insurgents "haven't given up."

          "They're trying to get more terrorists into Iraq and they're trying to create more terrorist organizations to try to defeat our purposes," Powell said. "But they will not succeed."

          The Times report quoted unidentified U.S. officials as saying that American forces arrested a man who had the document on a computer disc and was taking it to Afghanistan to get it to al-Qaeda's senior leaders.

          The author of the document claimed he had directed about 25 suicide bombings inside Iraq, but said the resistance against the U.S. occupation was struggling to recruit Iraqis and to combat American troops.

          Senor said "it is clear that the type of techniques we have seen all these have fingerprints of al-Qaeda and foreign fighters."

          The letter expresses frustration over efforts to force the United States out of Iraq and suggests that attacks on Shiites would prompt retaliation against Sunnis and a cycle of widening violence, the newspaper said.

          "It is the only way to prolong the duration of the fight between the infidels and us," the letter says, according to the New York Times. "If we succeed in dragging them into a sectarian war, this will awaken the sleepy Sunnis who are fearful of destruction and death at the hands" of Shiites, it said.

          Kimmitt said the wording of the document reflects the author's desperation.

          "In many ways this guy is disappointed at his lack of success ... What it does show is that concerted efforts (on part of the Iraqi people and the coalition) is the greatest power he is afraid of. It is almost a sign of desperation," he said.

          Senor said the author of the letter talks about "taking action and setting up operations before the June 30 hand over" of power by the Americans to a sovereign Iraqi government.

          He said the letter also warns that "the biggest bulwark against the success of this strategy would be the continued standing up of Iraqi security forces, the continued American resolve and the hand over of sovereignty to an Iraqi government."

          "All three we are in the process of doing right now, he said.

           
            Story Tools  
             
           
               
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产精品视频亚洲二区| 亚洲一区久久蜜臀av| 免费二级毛片在线播放| 精品综合久久久久久97| 黄色A级国产免费大片视频| 天天躁夜夜躁狠狠综合| 国产美女久久久亚洲综合| 做暖暖视频在线看片免费| 欧美午夜精品久久久久久浪潮| 国产一区二区精品偷系列| 日韩精品一区二区三区视频| 国产成人a∨激情视频厨房| 亚洲午夜福利AV一区二区无码| 国产 | 久你欧洲野花视频欧洲1| 国产欧洲欧洲久美女久久| 热久在线免费观看视频| 亚洲国产精品一区二区视频| 国产综合久久99久久| 久久无码中文字幕免费影院| 中文字幕人妻有码久视频| 国产精品无码2021在线观看| 亚洲码国产精品高潮在线| 人妻丝袜中文无码av影音先锋 | 午夜福利精品国产二区| 久久久亚洲欧洲日产国码农村| 日本一区三区高清视频| 粉嫩一区二区三区国产精品 | 日本边添边摸边做边爱喷水| 国产a在视频线精品视频下载| 性人久久久久| 性虎精品无码AV导航| 国产老妇伦国产熟女老妇高清| 国产一区二区亚洲av| 国产色无码专区在线观看| 中文字幕无码免费久久9一区9| 熟妇人妻无码中文字幕老熟妇| 潘金莲高清dvd碟片| 高清国产av一区二区三区| 欧美亚洲综合成人a∨在线| 一本加勒比hezyo无码人妻| 日韩福利视频导航|