<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Two Japanese hostages freed in Iraq, Falluja calm
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2004-04-18 10:59

          Kidnappers freed two Japanese hostages in Baghdad Saturday, but the standoff in the southern city of Najaf showed no sign of easing and rebel cleric Moqtada al-Sadr's spokesman declared negotiations were stalled.

          Guns fell silent in Falluja, west of Baghdad, where air strikes and clashes have punctuated a shaky truce, but a U.S. spokesman said time was running out for talks aimed at ending fighting there between rebels and U.S. Marines.

          In Najaf, the Shi'ite holy city where U.S. troops are massing and Sadr and hundreds of militiamen are holed up, Sadr's spokesman said: "If the Americans attack Najaf this will be zero hour and mass revolution...a Shi'ite-American confrontation."

          U.S. officials say Sadr, who is wanted in connection with the murder of a moderate Shi'ite cleric a year ago, must not only face justice in an Iraqi court but also disband his forces.

          The two Japanese, Jumpei Yasuda and Nobutaka Watanabe, were unshaven and looked tired but in good health as they were handed over to Japanese diplomats at Baghdad's Um al-Qura mosque.

          Insurgents have seized more than 40 foreigners this month. Most have been released, though an Italian has been executed and his captors have threatened to kill three more taken with him unless Italian troops pull out of Iraq.

          Italy has refused and Arab television station al Jazeera broadcast an appeal from the families of the three others, begging for their lives to be spared.

          "We are simple people like yourselves. We appeal to your religious consciences as believers," said Antonella Agliana, whose brother Maurizio is one of the three.

          President Bush and British Prime Minister Tony Blair vowed in Washington Friday to stamp out violence in Iraq, where U.S.-led forces are battling guerrillas in Sunni central Iraq and trying to snuff out the revolt by Sadr's Shi'ite militia in the south.

          In mostly Sunni Falluja, a leading American official, Richard Jones, joined week-old peace talks with city leaders, senior U.S. spokesman Dan Senor told a news conference.

          "We are hopeful about their intentions," he said of the local leaders. "Our overriding question is can they deliver and, if so, can they do so expeditiously? Time is running out."

          FALLUJA CALM

          One resident in the city of 300,000 told a reporter: "For the first time in days, Falluja is completely calm."

          U.S. Marines launched a crackdown in the city on April 5 after the gruesome killings of four American private security guards, ambushed in the town the previous week.

          U.S. officials want their killers brought to justice and the disarming of an estimated 1,000 to 2,000 fighters in Falluja, where they say foreign Islamist militants are also operating.

          The captors of U.S. Private Keith Maupin, seized after an attack on a road convoy west of Baghdad last week, released a videotape Friday that showed him surrounded by masked gunmen.

          Maupin, one of two missing U.S. soldiers, identified himself in a soft voice on the videotape.

          The two freed Japanese said they had been well treated during their three days of captivity. "We had a good meal every day," Yasuda said. "We were caught around Abu Ghraib and after that we were blindfolded and changed house every day."

          Three other Japanese were freed Thursday, but several foreigners are still missing, including a U.S. contractor, a Palestinian, a Dane, a Jordanian and the three Italians.

          The climate of insecurity prompted the U.S. military to close indefinitely highways One and Eight, north and south of Baghdad. It said guerrilla attacks had made them unsafe for civilian use, and they needed repairing.

          Witnesses said insurgents had blown up at least two bridges over Highway Eight, running from Baghdad to Hilla and Basra in the south, closing the highway and further disrupting the battered transport system.

          In Diwaniya, a Shi'ite town east of Najaf where Spanish troops have clashed with Sadr's militiamen, heavy gunfire erupted Saturday evening and witnesses said two military vehicles were ablaze.

          DEFIANT SADR

          Sadr is leading the insurgency in the south and 2,500 U.S. soldiers are poised outside Najaf, vowing to kill or capture him and dismantle his militia, the Mehdi Army.

          About 200 supporters, including some wounded militiamen, filed into his office Saturday to seek his blessing.

          Sadr's spokesman Qays al-Khazali told a news conference "The negotiations are stalled...I don't have any hope. I don't see a real desire from the other side."

          Senor said there was no direct negotiating track with Sadr but there had been contacts with various intermediaries.

          The leader of U.S. troops outside Najaf said their presence had helped. "Sadr has gotten nervous," Colonel Dana Pittard of the 3rd Brigade Task Force told reporters. "Sadr's militia moved into the city instead of operating freely in the area."

          Shi'ite clerics have worked hard to avert a bloody showdown in Najaf and its shrines, but a spokesman for one of the city's four grand ayatollahs said the Shi'ite religious establishment was not directly involved in talks.

          April has been Iraq's bloodiest month since Saddam Hussein was ousted a year ago. The U.S. military has lost at least 93 soldiers in combat since March 31 -- more than the total killed in the three-week war that toppled Saddam.

           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          China's anti-doping efforts lauded

           

             
           

          Hamas leader killed in Israeli strike

           

             
           

          Air price hike souring holiday travel mood

           

             
           

          "Social corruption" warrants tighter law

           

             
           

          Koreans bring JV hospital to China

           

             
           

          Clean-up underway after 150,000 flee gas leak

           

             
            Hamas leader killed in Israeli strike
             
            3 UN police die in Kosovo jail shootout
             
            Two Japanese hostages freed in Iraq, Falluja calm
             
            U.S. closes two highways into Baghdad
             
            EU defuses tension with US over Mideast
             
            US soldier shown captive on videotape
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            News Talk  
            3 Japanese taken hostage in Iraq  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 在线免费成人亚洲av| 精品一区二区三区四区五区 | 在线天堂中文新版www| 在线日韩日本国产亚洲| 亚洲人成人无码www| 精品少妇后入一区二区三区 | 亚洲第一人伊伊人色综合| 台湾佬自拍偷区亚洲综合| 年轻漂亮的人妻被公侵犯bd免费版 | 亚洲av无码第一区二区三区| 精品国产不卡在线观看免费 | 亚洲人成网线在线播放VA| 麻豆国产成人AV在线播放| 国产精品自拍中文字幕| 久久精品国产国产精品四凭| 3d无码纯肉动漫在线观看| 国产99视频精品免费视频36| 久久精品这里只有国产中文精品| 少妇精品视频一码二码三| 久久av无码精品人妻出轨| 四虎永久在线精品免费看| 三上悠亚久久精品| 国产av无码专区亚洲avjulia| 欧美牲交a欧美牲交aⅴ图片| 亚洲午夜无码AV不卡| 国产91精品一区二区亚洲| jk白丝喷浆| 风流老熟女一区二区三区| 色色97| 久久精品一区二区东京热| 色九月亚洲综合网| 三年片大全| 国产熟睡乱子伦午夜视频| 欧美一区二区三区啪啪| 永久免费不卡在线观看黄网站| 日本五十路熟女一区二区| 国产一级片内射在线视频| 免费看黄色亚洲一区久久| 国产999久久高清免费观看| 亚洲最大福利视频网| 久久人人97超碰人人澡爱香蕉 |