<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Report: Koizumi to visit N. Korea next week
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2004-05-14 13:24

          Japanese Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi will travel to North Korea as early as the end of next week to retrieve family members of Japanese citizens who were abducted decades ago by North Korea and released in 2002, news reports said Friday.

          Kyodo News service said the trip would take place May 22; national broadcaster NHK said Koizumi would travel either May 22 or May 23. A Koizumi spokesman, Yu Kameoka, said he could not confirm the report.


          Japanese Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi, seen at parliament May 11, 2004, will go to North Korea late next week for talks on the families of Japanese citizens kidnapped decades ago by Pyongyang to train spies, Japanese media said May 14, 2004. A breakthrough in the dispute over the abductees would clear the way for talks on establishing diplomatic ties between the two countries and a coup for Koizumi ahead of a July Upper House election. [Reuters]
          Kyodo said the government would make an announcement later Friday.

          Speculation has been high in recent weeks that Koizumi could go to Pyongyang to get the family members. The issue is highly emotional in Japan, where the abductees and their supporters have accused the government of failing to make progress in talks with North Korea over the fate of those they left behind.

          Such a trip, if successful, would be an important political coup for Koizumi, whose ruling coalition faces important elections in the upper house of Parliament in July.

          The families of the kidnapping victims said they had high expectations for Koizumi.

          "Once he goes there, we hope he will bring back the five abductees' families at the very least, and also find a resolution for other people who are still missing," said Toru Hasuike, whose brother, Kaoru Hasuike was abducted in the late 1970s and returned to Japan in 2002. He added the trip was "a brave decision."

          North Korea has acknowledged kidnapping at least 13 Japanese citizens to train spies in the Japanese language and customs. Pyongyang said eight of them have since died, and it allowed the five survivors to return to Japan after a landmark 2002 summit between Koizumi and North Korean leader Kim Jong Il.

          That was Koizumi's last trip to the North.

          Pyongyang, however, had so far refused to release the former abductees' family relatives, eight children and one husband — alleged U.S. Army deserter Charles Robert Jenkins, who has stayed behind with their two teenage daughters.

          North Korea had argued in the past that the repatriation was only temporarily and Tokyo violated the agreement by keeping the former abductees in Japan.

          It was not immediately clear on Friday whether North Korea had already agreed to release the relatives as a prerequisite for Koizumi's visit, and it was not certain how many of them would be included in such a deal. Jenkins, for example, has said he doesn't want to leave his adopted home.

          Some in Japan have opposed a trip by Koizumi to pick up the relatives, arguing that Japan should not make such a move without Pyongyang satisfying Tokyo's additional demands to share information on the kidnapping victims that died in North Korea and others that Japan believes were abducted by Northern agents.

          A North Korean agreement to finally allow the departure of the abductee relatives would reflect Pyongyang's need to advance talks on normalizing relations with Japan, home to the world's second-largest economy and a potential source of much needed aid for the impoverished state.

          Officials from both sides met for two days last week to discuss the abductions but did not appear to make much progress.

          Japan has long tried to link resolution of the abductions to six-party talks on North Korea's nuclear weapons programs, but that effort has been resisted by Pyongyang and not supported by Beijing, which is hosting working level talks this week on the nuclear issue.

          In an apparent concession to Pyongyang this week, Tokyo said it would not attempt to engage North Korean delegates in a discussion of the abductions at the Beijing talks.

          Flying to Pyongyang to retrieve the families would not be without risk for Koizumi.

          Few foreign leaders have held summits with Kim, whose nuclear weapons development and aggressively isolationist policies have made his nation an international pariah. Some fear the North is using the abductee issue as a ploy to undermine the unity of Japan and other countries engaged in talks on North Korean nuclear weapons.

          Other opponents of the summit simply don't trust North Korean promises, having seen them dissolve repeatedly in the past. In a statement issued this week, a support group representing the former abductees urged Koizumi to reconsider, saying the time for another summit is not yet ripe.

           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Nick Berg died for Bush, Rumsfeld 'sins' - father

           

             
           

          Nation reports fourth monthly trade deficit

           

             
           

          Rumsfeld visits Iraq, vows no abuse cover-up

           

             
           

          TV told queer dressing, phony tones are out

           

             
           

          S. Korean impeached president reinstated

           

             
           

          Beijing acts on low-end housing

           

             
            S. Korean impeached president reinstated
             
            Vajpayee resigns after poll upset
             
            Rumsfeld visits Iraq, vows no abuse cover-up
             
            Expert says Mexico UFOs may have been gas
             
            UK: Abuse photos not taken in Iraq
             
            CIA says Al-Zarqawi beheaded Berg in Iraq
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          Koizumi to pick up abductee kin in Pyongyang
             
          Japan PM may visit N.Korea in September
            News Talk  
            Scandal over humiliation of Iraqi prisoners  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲欧美国产另类首页| 国产在线中文字幕精品| 亚洲一区二区三区人妻天堂| 国产精品午夜福利资源| 国产精品国产三级国产av品爱网| 九九热中文字幕在线视频| 国产成人精品2021欧美日韩| 人妻少妇精品系列一区二区 | 久久人妻少妇嫩草av无码专区 | 一级二级三一片内射视频在线| 风流老熟女一区二区三区| 免费无码av片在线观看播放| 国产成人免费午夜在线观看| 国产三级视频网站| 色优久久久久综合网鬼色| 国产中文成人精品久久久| 又硬又粗又长又爽免费看| 午夜三级成人在线观看| 最近的最新的中文字幕视频| 国内外成人综合免费视频| 亚洲各类熟女们中文字幕| 日韩精品卡1卡2日韩在线| 亚洲a免费| 亚洲区一区二区激情文学| 一区二区三区放荡人妻| 国产精品白浆免费视频| 国产精品福利自产拍久久| 中文字幕日本一区二区在线观看| 无码国产精品一区二区VR老人| 伊人久久大香线蕉av一区| 97夜夜澡人人爽人人模人人喊| 国产xxxxx在线观看免费| 99久久99久久久精品久久| 视频一区视频二区视频三区 | 麻豆aⅴ精品无码一区二区| 草草浮力影院| 中文字幕国产精品第一页| 亚洲日韩性欧美中文字幕| 国产亚洲精品久久久久久大师| 亚国产亚洲亚洲精品视频| 久久精品成人无码观看不卡|