<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Bomb kills 5 outside Iraqi official's home
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2004-05-22 16:57

          A car bomb exploded outside the home of a senior Iraqi security official Saturday, killing at least five people and destroying several vehicles on an east Baghdad street, police said.


          U.S Army soldiers secure the area where a car bomb exploded in Baghdad, Iraq, Saturday, May 22, 2004. A car bomb exploded Saturday in front of the home of a senior Iraqi security official, killing at least five people and destroying several vehicles on an east Baghdad street, the U.S. military and Iraqi police said. [AP]
          The blast wounded Abdul-Jabbar Youssef al-Sheikhli, one of three deputy interior ministers and a member of the Shiite Muslim Dawa party. A ministry official, speaking on condition of anonymity, said al-Sheikhli had head and chest injuries and was in stable condition at a nearby hospital.

          It was the second blast in a week to target a top Iraqi government official. On Monday, a suicide car bombing killed the president of the Iraqi Governing Council, Izzadine Saleem, and several other people near the headquarters of the U.S.-run coalition in the capital.

          Police and U.S. military officers at the scene said the five dead included four Iraqi policemen and a woman neighbor who died in her home.

          U.S. Army Capt. Brian O'Malley said the blast occurred at about 8:05 a.m. was caused by a "vehicle-borne improvised explosive device." It was unclear whether the bomb was detonated by a suicide attacker.

          More than an hour after the blast, smoke rose from several wrecked cars, and debris was scattered in the street. The explosion also knocked down part of a wall adjoining the sidewalk.

          Three palm trees in the garden of the deputy minister's home were blackened from the explosion. Bloodstains could be seen inside the two-story house and on the street.

          Interior Minister Samir Shaker Mahmoud al-Sumeidi visited the site and was mobbed by distraught neighbors who screamed at him to "come and see what happened to our homes."

          "God does not accept this," one man shouted.

          Al-Sumeidi described the attack as a "terrible crime" and promised to catch those responsible.

          "It would seem that the criminals do not want the law to prevail or the security men to implement it," he told reporters. "I want every honorable man in this country to condemn this crime."

          U.S. soldiers and Iraqi police, one of whom appeared to have a fresh cut on his face, milled around. Two American soldiers tended to an injured person lying on the ground.

          On Monday, a suicide car bombing killed the president of the Iraqi Governing Council, Izzadine Saleem, and about six other people near the headquarters of the U.S.-run coalition in the capital.

          In Karbala Friday, American AC-130 gunships and tanks battled militiamen near shrines in this Shiite holy city, and fighting was heavy in two other towns south of Baghdad. More than 450 Iraqis were released from the notorious Abu Ghraib jail — some emerging with fresh claims of abuse.

          The U.S. military said it killed 18 fighters loyal to cleric Muqtada al-Sadr, who launched an uprising against the American-led coalition in early April and is wanted in the murder of a rival moderate cleric last year. Hospital officials reported 12 deaths, including two Iranian pilgrims. A driver for the Arab television network Al-Jazeera was also killed.

          Much of the fighting was near the city's Imam Hussein and Imam Abbas shrines, which U.S. forces say are being used by militiamen as firing positions or protective cover.

          At least six people were killed and 56 were injured in fighting in Najaf and neighboring Kufa, where al-Sadr delivered a defiant sermon to 15,000 worshippers in which he urged his supporters to resist the coalition.

          At a checkpoint in Kufa, American forces shot at a car carrying a close aide of al-Sadr, Mohammed al-Tabtabaei, injuring him and killing his driver, al-Sadr's office in Najaf said. Al-Tabtabaei was taken into custody.

          Meanwhile, the U.S. military said 454 prisoners were released Friday from the Abu Ghraib prison on the western outskirts of Baghdad. Between 3,000 and 4,000 people are still believed held at the prison. The military is still sending detainees considered security risks to Abu Ghraib.

          A convoy of at least six buses, accompanied by U.S. troops in armored vehicles and jeeps, took detainees to several areas, including Tikrit and Baqouba, north of the capital.

          Some of those who were freed Friday told of beatings and psychological abuse. They kissed the ground and kneeled to pray after walking out of the police compound in Baqouba.

          Abdul Salam Hussain Jassim, 18, said he was held for three months after an explosion.

          "Don't even talk about torture. They destroyed me," Jassim said. He said a family of five brothers and sisters was detained in the same block and that one of the men was beaten so badly he died two days later.

          The Pentagon has begun criminal investigations of at least 37 deaths involving detainees held by U.S. forces in Iraq and Afghanistan, officials said Friday. There are 33 cases involved, the officials said, eight more than the military reported two weeks ago.

          Another freed prisoner from Abu Ghraib, Maher Saeed, said he was tied to a car and dragged through the sand for several hundred yards.

          A man who identified himself as Ghazwan said he was held with his brother and father for nine months. He spent six in isolation.

          "They were psychologically torturing us especially in the heavy quarantines, they were abusing us inside these quarantines by beating us and forcing us to take off all our clothes," he said. "They were forcing detained women to distribute food to us while we were naked."

          The military periodically frees prisoners from Abu Ghraib, which was also notorious as the site of executions and torture during Saddam Hussein's regime.

          The release came as new photographs and shots from a video of alleged abuse and sexual humiliation of Iraqi prisoners were published in The Washington Post. The newspaper reported that some prisoners at Abu Ghraib were ridden like animals, fondled by female soldiers, forced to curse their religion and required to retrieve their food from toilets.

          The first American accused in the scandal, Spc. Jeremy C. Sivits, was sentenced Wednesday to a year in prison for sexually humiliating detainees and taking a photo of prisoners stacked naked in a human pyramid.

          Kimmitt said coalition forces on Wednesday captured four people suspected of involvement in Berg's killing, and were still questioning the two still in custody.

          "I don't know their prior affiliations or prior organizations," he said. "We have some intelligence that would suggest they have knowledge, perhaps some culpability."

          An Iraqi security official also told The Associated Press that four people were arrested in the case, but he appeared to be referring to a different group of detainees that he said was led by a relative of Saddam.

          The official said Iraqi police on May 14 arrested four suspects — all former members of Saddam's Fedayeen paramilitary organization — in a raid in Salaheddin province, north of Baghdad. The group was led by Yasser al-Sabawi, a Saddam nephew who was not among those captured, the official said on condition of anonymity.

          Berg, of West Chester, Pa., was in Iraq seeking business for his communications company. His body was found May 8 near a highway overpass in Baghdad. He was last seen April 10 when he left his Baghdad hotel.

          American officials have previously said they believe Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, a Jordanian wanted for allegedly organizing attacks on U.S. troops in Iraq on behalf of al-Qaida, personally carried out Berg's decapitation.

          In Washington, Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman Gen. Richard Myers said the United States was investigating possible links between al-Zarqawi and alleged foreign fighters who were hit by a U.S. aerial attack Wednesday in Mogr el-Deeb, a desert village near Iraq's border with Syria.

          "We feel at this point very confident that this was a legitimate target, probably foreign fighters, still to be determined their relationship to Zarqawi, but not out of the question," he said.

          But survivors of the attack, which killed up to 45 people, told the AP that the U.S. military had struck a wedding party and that there were no foreign fighters among them. An AP reporter was able to identify at least 10 of the bodies as those of children.

          Associated Press Television News footage showed pieces of rockets, bullet casings, pots and pans, destroyed musical instruments, pillows, mattresses and blankets scattered at the devastated site. Tufts of women's hair and bits of what appear to be human flesh lie in a shallow ditch. An arm lies in the rubble. A crowd of young men stand around a huge blood stain on the ground.

          Also Friday, the U.S.-picked Iraqi Governing Council condemned the raids on the home and offices of Ahmad Chalabi, a council member once groomed by the Pentagon as a possible replacement for Saddam but who has since fallen out of favor with the Bush administration.

          Chalabi spokesman Entifadh Qanbar said Chalabi and two other council members offered their resignations but that the council rejected them.

          It was unclear why Chalabi's home in Baghdad was raided Thursday. A senior coalition official said an Iraqi judge had issued several warrants, and details would be released later.

           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          DPRK to let Japan abductee relatives leave

           

             
           

          Report: US soldiers fondled Iraqi prisoners

           

             
           

          US warned of Chen's deception

           

             
           

          Lula to boost Brazil-China alliance

           

             
           

          Alarm sounded against possible floods

           

             
           

          4 die in climbing Mt. Qomolangma

           

             
            Bomb kills 5 outside Iraqi official's home
             
            North Korea agrees to release family members of Japanese kidnapping victims
             
            Japanese PM ends talks with Kim Jong-il
             
            OPEC: No quick fix for price scare
             
            U.S. planes, tanks hit militia in Karbala
             
            Report details Iraqi prisoner abuse
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          Tally: Iraq suicide bombs killed 660
             
          Car bomb destroys Baghdad hotel, killing 29
             
          Blasts rock Baghdad, Kerbala
             
          Death toll in Iraq blast climbs over 100
             
          2 Iraq suicide bombings kill at least 56
             
          Iraq car bomb kills 9, injures 45
             
          Baghdad car bomb kills at least three
            News Talk  
            AMERICA, I think you are being FRAMED by your own press and media.  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 欧美精品一区二区三区中文字幕 | 亚洲欧洲日产国码久在线| 精品中文字幕人妻一二| 国产乱子伦手机在线| 亚洲老熟女乱女一区二区| 蜜桃无码一区二区三区| 成在线人视频免费视频| 一区二区和激情视频| 欧美极品色午夜在线视频| 色吊a中文字幕一二三区| 97天天摸天天爽天天碰| 日韩一区二区三区日韩精品| 精品人妻丰满久久久a| 野花韩国高清电影| 国产玩具酱一区二区三区| 久久久精品国产亚洲AV蜜| 国产亚洲一区二区三区成人| 成人看的污污超级黄网站免费| 国产av剧情无码精品色午夜| av在线播放日韩亚洲欧我不卡| 欧美日韩理论| 国产午夜福利片在线观看| 国产精品三级中文字幕| 星空影院电影电视剧免费播放| 蜜臀人妻精品一区二区免费| 欧美人与动zozo在线播放| 最新国产精品拍自在线观看| 在线观看成人永久免费网站| 强奷白丝美女在线观看| 婷婷精品国产亚洲av在线观看 | 中文字幕亚洲制服在线看| 欧美熟妇乱子伦XX视频| 日本sm/羞辱/调教/捆绑| 人妻少妇久久中文字幕| 一本一道av无码中文字幕麻豆| 成人国产在线永久免费| 色一伊人区二区亚洲最大| 最近中文字幕完整国语| 国产激情一区二区三区四区| 强伦人妻一区二区三区视频18| 色悠久久网国产精品99|