<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Sanchez to be replaced as Iraq commander
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2004-05-26 00:51

          The top U.S. military officer in Iraq, Lt. Gen. Ricardo Sanchez, will be replaced as part of a command restructuring that has been in the works for several months, administration officials said Tuesday. The Pentagon also suspended Brig. Gen. Janis Karpinski from her command.

          Both have become symbols of lax supervision at the Abu Ghraib prison where U.S. soldiers allegedly abused Iraqi inmates.


          The Pentagon is considering replacing Army Lt. General Ricardo Sanchez as the top U.S. military officer in Iraq, defense officials said May 24, 2004, but denied the Abu Ghraib Iraqi prisoner abuse scandal was the reason. Sanchez is pictured testifying before the Senate Armed Services Committee on Capitol Hill about Iraqi prisoner abuse, in this May 19, 2004 file photo. [AP]

          President Bush praised Sanchez during a photo opportunity in the Oval Office. "Rick Sanchez has done a fabulous job," the president said as he met with a group of Iraqis. "He's been there for a long time. His service has been exemplary."

          At the Pentagon, Larry Di Rita, chief spokesman for Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld, said both Rumsfeld and Joint Chiefs chairman Gen. Richard Myers "are very impressed with the work Gen. Sanchez performed from the very beginning" of his service in Iraq. Sanchez took command there in May 2003.

          Regarding suggestions that Sanchez's departure is linked to the abuse scandal, Di Rita said, "That's just wrong."

          Karpinski and other officers in the 800th Military Police Brigade were faulted by Army investigators for paying too little attention to day-to-day operations of the Abu Ghraib prison and for not moving firmly enough to discipline soldiers for violating standard procedures.

          Karpinski's suspension, which has not yet been announced by the Army, was the latest in a series of actions against officers and enlisted soldiers implicated in the abuse scandal at the prison near Baghdad.

          Sanchez will be replaced in Iraq in what administration officials said was his scheduled rotation after 13 months of duty there. Gen. George Casey, the Army's No. 2 officer as vice chief of staff, was in line for the post, defense officials said Monday.

          Di Rita said, "There has been no final decision" on who will replace Sanchez.

          Secretary of State Colin Powell, appearing Tuesday on CBS's "The Early Show," said he had heard the reports but could not say whether Sanchez's departure was in any way related to the prison abuse problem.

          Powell did say, however, that "we all knew this was coming about as part of the normal rotation of commanders. General Sanchez has done a terrific job and he's been there for over a year now, so it seems to me in the normal scheme of things."

          Last week, Spc. Jeremy Sivits received the maximum penalty of a year in prison and a bad-conduct discharge in the first court-martial stemming from the abuse of Iraqis at the prison. He was among seven members of the 372nd Military Police Company that have been charged.

          Karpinski, who has returned to the United States, has not been charged with an offense. Being suspended from her command does not mean she has been relieved of command, so technically she could be reinstated, although the intensity of the international furor over the Abu Ghraib prisoner abuse makes that highly unlikely, said the officials, speaking on condition of anonymity.

          "I don't know what the grounds are," Karpinski told MSNBC Monday night. "I know that I've been suspended. When I see it in writing, there will be an explanation for it. And what that means is I'm suspended from my position as the commander of the 800th Military Police Brigade, and they assign me to another position until whatever the reason is, whatever the basis is, is cleared."

          In his widely cited investigation report on the Abu Ghraib abuse allegations, Maj. Gen. Antonio Taguba found heavy fault with Karpinski's performance and recommended that she be relieved of command and given a formal reprimand. Instead she was given a less-severe "memorandum of admonishment" on Jan. 17 by Sanchez.

          Taguba reported that despite the documented abuse of prisoners, he saw no evidence that Karpinski ever attempted to remind the military police in her command of the requirements of the Geneva Conventions, which protect prisoners of war and civilian detainees in times of armed conflict.

           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Enhanced Russian trade ties explored

           

             
           

          Developing nations battle poverty together

           

             
           

          SARS vaccine test results come out today

           

             
           

          Japanese chemical weapon container found

           

             
           

          Landing? What landing? It's cruising along

           

             
           

          US, Britain differ on Iraq operations

           

             
            AP: Terrorists planning summer attack in US
             
            US, Britain differ on Iraq operations
             
            Sanchez to be replaced as Iraq commander
             
            Dominican Republic floods kill 76, dozens missing
             
            Bush outlines five steps to Iraqi sovereignty
             
            Israel army leaves Rafah after punishing raid
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          Bush takes the offensive on Iraq, outlines plans
             
          Saudi: US fighting 'colonial war'
             
          Bush says US will persevere in Iraq
             
          Bush outlines five steps to Iraqi sovereignty
             
          Amid Iraqi anger, prison scandal response
             
          Rumsfeld bans camera phones in Iraq
            News Talk  
            AMERICA, I think you are being FRAMED by your own press and media.  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 九九九精品成人免费视频小说 | 国产69精品久久久久久妇女迅雷| 久久久久四虎精品免费入口| 熟女系列丰满熟妇AV| 国产成人亚洲综合无码18禁h| 久久精品国产亚洲AⅤ无码| A级毛片免费完整视频| 五月激情社区中文字幕| 国产一级老熟女自拍视频| 暖暖影院日本高清...免费| 日本一区二区精品色超碰| 亚洲日韩国产精品第一页一区| 99精品热在线在线观看视| 久久精品熟女亚洲av麻| 国产精品老熟女露脸视频| 久久99爰这里有精品国产| 无套内谢少妇一二三四| 国产毛片基地| 国产成人亚洲精品狼色在线| 99在线精品国自产拍中文字幕| 精品国产亚洲av网站| 亚洲二区中文字幕在线| 国内少妇毛片视频| 好吊视频一区二区三区人妖 | 国产美女MM131爽爽爽| 日韩理伦片一区二区三区| 1024你懂的国产精品| 国产视频不卡一区二区三区| 久久精品国产亚洲AV高清y w| 精品黄色av一区二区三区| 国产成人啪精品午夜网站 | 国产精品午夜福利视频| 90后极品粉嫩小泬20p| 99精品国产兔费观看久久99| 亚洲永久精品一区二区三区| 亚洲精品欧美综合二区| 最新国产精品好看的精品| Se01短视频国产精品| 国产精品国产三级国产试看| 国产麻豆91网在线看| 少妇人妻偷人精品免费|