<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Two Koreas end military talks, agree to meet again
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2004-05-27 16:33

          North Korea and South Korea ended unprecedented talks between their military generals to reduce tensions on the world's last Cold War frontier.


          South Korea urged North Korea on May 26, 2004 to set up a hotline connecting their naval commands and to share radio frequencies between vessels operating in the Yellow Sea to prevent deadly maritime clashes. [Reuters]

          Both sides fell short of producing concrete steps on easing military tensions but agreed to resume the meeting next month, the first of its kind since the Korean War over five decades ago, officials said Wednesday.

          Pyongyang had previously insisted on discussing military matters only directly with the United States, which maintains a strong military presence in the South.

          The meeting's formal session lasted for two hours at Mount Kumgang, a tourist enclave on North Korea's eastern coast, but was followed by another four hours of informal discussions between working-level officials.

          "Both sides agreed to reopen the general-level military talks at Mount Seolak in South Korea on June 3," Oh Jeong-Hee, a defense official in Seoul, told AFP.

          "Both sides agreed to study each sides' proposals and continue discussions in future talks," the defense ministry said in a statement later.

          South Korea, sending a navy general as chief delegate, hoped the day-long consultations would produce concrete measures to reduce the threat of clashes with North Korea off the west coast.

          "Our delegates believe that the talks should be a first step towards reducing tension and building trust and most of all, work out measures to avoid accidental clashes in the West Sea (Yellow Sea)," Oh said.

          The talks were the first between top-level officers in uniform from the two sides since the 1950-1953 Korean War.

          At the talks, Seoul intended to propose setting up a military hotline and shared radio frequencies and flag signals for vessels to help prevent maritime skirmishes, Yonhap news agency said.

          Seoul also wanted general-level talks to be held in a regular format for tension reduction, Yonhap said.

          The two Koreas are still technically at war since the war ended in a fragile armistice rather than a peace treaty. North Korea's 1.1 million-strong army faces off against South Korea's 700,000 troops backed by 37,000 US soldiers.

          Despite holding a historic summit of their leaders and launching cabinet-level talks for rapprochement in 2000, the two Koreas have yet to establish a regular military dialogue channel at senior level.

          Defense chiefs from the two sides met for the first time in September in 2000 following a leaders' summit in Pyongyang. No follow-up defense chiefs meeting took place.

          Inter-Korean relations have been disrupted in the past by naval skirmishes in the rich fishing grounds off the western coast during the May-June crab season.

          Since 1999, dozens of casualties have been reported on both sides. The last clash in June 2002 left six South Korean sailors dead.

          The two Koreas have been at loggerheads over the disputed Northern Limit Line and its adjacent rich fishing grounds in the Yellow Sea.

          The line, drawn at the end of the Korean War, has served as a de-facto maritime border, but North Korea has never recognized it.

          Commodore Park Chung-Hwa, a one-star navy general, heads the five-strong South Korean delegation to Wednesday's military talks while Major General An Ik-San leads the North's team.

           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          China voices support for Russia's early WTO entry

           

             
           

          Wen raises 5 proposals for global prosperity

           

             
           

          China, nations seek Iraq resolution change

           

             
           

          Key officials 'knew' of bad milk powder

           

             
           

          Official: No ceiling on US film imports

           

             
           

          'Unity is path to long-term prosperity'

           

             
            Dominican, Haiti floods death toll nears 2,000
             
            Iraq's Shahristani reluctant on PM role
             
            Physicist: Cosmos is shaped like the Eiffel Tower
             
            Spain PM refuses to condemn US on Iraq abuse
             
            Two Koreas end military talks, agree to meet again
             
            Analysts say US threat warning is back-covering
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            News Talk  
            AMERICA, I think you are being FRAMED by your own press and media.  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 开心久久综合激情五月天| 激情综合五月网| 久久久这里只有精品10| 依依成人精品视频在线观看| 国产无遮挡吃胸膜奶免费看| 精品亚洲国产成人| 国产一二三区在线| 日韩中文字幕精品人妻| 日日碰狠狠添天天爽五月婷| 欧美 国产 人人视频| 国产成人综合亚洲精品国产| 国内精品大秀视频日韩精品| 国产精自产拍久久久久久蜜| 国产精品无码专区| 国产精品无码成人午夜电影| 国产美女自卫慰黄网站| 国产欧美一区二区三区视频在线观看 | 国产精品中文字幕一区| 亚洲成人av在线高清| 精品国产一区二区三区卡| 久久天天躁夜夜躁狠狠820175| 激情在线网| 人人超人人超碰超国产| 日韩激情无码av一区二区| 无码精品人妻一区二区三区中| 国语对白爽死我了| 亚洲综合精品第一页| 亚洲人成小说网站色在线| 国产精品国产精品一区精品| 欧洲码亚洲码的区别入口| 国产一区二区三区色老头| 国产偷自视频区视频| av天堂久久天堂av| 国产a网站| 狠狠色婷婷久久综合频道日韩| 91无码人妻精品一区| 国产精品无码素人福利不卡| 国产99视频精品免视看9| 99久久99视频只有精品| 久久午夜色播影院| 深夜视频国产在线观看|