<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>Sports
                   
           

          US doping agency accuses 4 sprinters
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2004-06-09 14:57

          The world's fastest man and three other top US Olympic prospects, all with connections to the BALCO steroids scandal, were accused Tuesday of sports doping violations and could be banned from competing at the Summer Games in Athens.

          Tim Montgomery, the world-record holder in the 100 meters, received a letter from the US Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) alleging he violated tough Olympic rules regarding performance-enhancing drugs, his lawyer said.

          Also receiving letters of accusation were former Stanford sprinter Chryste Gaines, a gold medalist in relays at the 1996 Olympics in Atlanta and a bronze medalist at the Sydney Games in 2000; Michelle Collins, the 2003 world indoor and US indoor champion in the 200 meters; and Alvin Harrison, the Salinas sprinter who won gold medals in relay events at the Atlanta and Sydney Games.

          The latest accusations are part of an unprecedented attempt by the doping agency to purge suspected drug cheats from the track and field team -- even if those athletes haven't failed a drug test.

          Montgomery's attorney Cris Arguedas said he "has done nothing wrong, and we intend to fight any attempt to prevent Tim from running in the Olympics."

          Collins' lawyer Brian Getz said the 33-year-old sprinter would resist efforts to ban her.

          "She has never tested positive in any drug test she's ever taken, including ones last summer when they were looking for these substances," he said.

          Gaines' attorney, Cameron Myler, acknowledged her client received a letter from USADA but declined to comment otherwise.

          A lawyer for Harrison, Ed Williams, did not return a call seeking comment.

          Three weeks ago, Union City sprinter Kelli White cut a deal with the doping agency after being confronted with documentary evidence connected to the federal government's case against BALCO owner Victor Conte and three other Bay Area men.

          White admitted that since 2000 she had used an undetectable steroid and other performance-enhancing drugs. She agreed to cooperate with USADA's investigation in exchange for a two-year ban.

          Other athletes are still under investigation. The most notable of those is Olympic superstar Marion Jones, who has a son by Montgomery. The couple live together in Raleigh, N.C., and both were called to testify as witnesses before the grand jury that indicted Conte on steroid conspiracy charges. Also indicted were BALCO Vice President James Valente, track coach Remi Korchemny and weight trainer Greg Anderson.

          Accusations against additional track and field stars are expected, perhaps before the US Olympic Track and Field Trials begin a month from today in Sacramento.

          Jones and Montgomery have denied using steroids, and Jones has vowed to sue if USADA attempts to ban her.

          "Tim Montgomery is a good person, a great athlete and an even better father," Jones said in a statement. "I support him, and believe in him, and I have no doubt that if a fair process is applied that Tim will be racing for gold in Athens this August."

          The Chronicle previously reported that, according to a government memo, Conte told federal investigators that he had provided an undetectable steroid called "the clear" and a testosterone-based cream to both Montgomery and Jones in exchange for their endorsements of ZMA, a nutritional supplement he sells. Conte's lawyers deny that their client named names.

          The doping agency acknowledged Tuesday it sent letters "notifying several athletes ... they are alleged to have participated in a conspiracy to violate sport anti-doping rules." Over the past month, USADA has reviewed thousands of pages of documents from the BALCO investigation that it obtained from a Senate committee chaired by Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz.

          Among the documents are alleged doping calendars, ledgers, e-mails, letters, invoices and canceled checks.

          Gaines was coached for years by Korchemny, and she trained last year with another of his clients, Britain's fastest man, Dwain Chambers. Chambers was banned for life from the Olympics after testing positive for the designer steroid THG, which the government has said BALCO distributed.

          "Why did they send this letter?" Korchemny said by telephone. "Did she test positive? They don't have any evidence. I don't have any information about that. I don't have any knowledge about anything. I don't want to be involved in anything."

          A source who has seen the letter sent to Collins said she was accused of using a long list of drugs dating back to July 2002, including THG and the cream; steroids norbolethone and trenbolone; and EPO, an endurance-boosting drug White admitted taking.

          The source also said Collins is the unnamed athlete quoted in an e-mail exchange with Conte, cited in an affidavit in the BALCO case.

          In an August 2002 e-mail, Collins queried Conte about whether she could use a "testosterone gel" in conjunction with "the cream" before an upcoming race. Don't do it, Conte advised: "Whoever told you that it is OK is a complete idiot. You are already getting what you need from the cream. ... You are ready to rumble."

          Harrison, whose twin brother, Calvin, ran with him on the 4x400-meter relay team that won gold in Sydney, was touted by Conte as a member of the ZMA Track Club and was among dozens of athletes who testified before the federal grand jury late last year.

          The athletes have 10 days to respond to the accusations. If an athlete chooses to fight the allegations, the process proceeds to a three-person arbitration panel, whose ruling can be appealed to a second, international arbitration panel.

           
            Today's Top News     Top Sports News
           

          Agree to have one child? Get a nice cash reward

           

             
           

          DaimlerChrysler to invest 1b euros in China

           

             
           

          Nuke talks in `substantial period'

           

             
           

          Ex-factory prices of gasoline, diesel raised

           

             
           

          HK banks urged to check for terrorist links

           

             
           

          President Hu visits Poland

           

             
            Olympic torch relay Beijing leg starts
             
            China youngsters end campaign in Toulon
             
            Italy retains European under-21 championship
             
            Terry may miss French opener
             
            Olympic torch arrives in Beijing
             
            Attorney for Jones slams comments from IOC boss
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          Olympic hurdler suspended two years after testing positive
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产亚洲一二三区精品| 资源在线观看视频一区二区| 国产午夜精品一区二区三| 国产成人AV在线免播放观看新| 天天躁日日躁狠狠躁超碰97| 嗯灬啊灬把腿张开灬动态图| 亚洲性啪啪无码AV天堂| 日本一区二区中文字幕久久| 国产色a在线观看| 欧美激情 亚洲 在线| 免费A级毛片中文字幕| 日本一区二区三区看片| 亚洲欧美自偷自拍视频图片| 国产精品户外野外| 欧美黑人又粗又大又爽免费| 亚洲av永久无码精品水牛影视| 国产精品疯狂输出jk草莓视频| 中文字幕亚洲无线码A| 国产偷窥熟女高潮精品视频 | 久久亚洲色WWW成人欧美| 精品亚洲国产成人av在线| 国产AV无码专区亚洲AWWW| 日韩中文字幕亚洲精品一| 日本熟妇色xxxxx日本免费看| 中文字幕无码不卡在线| 91精品国产吴梦梦在线观看永久 | 国产精品日韩中文字幕熟女| 国产乱人伦偷精品视频下| 草裙社区精品视频播放| 女人脱裤子让男生桶爽视频| 亚洲中文字幕无码中字| 国产亚洲精品A在线无码| 国产午夜亚洲精品国产成人| 色婷婷国产精品视频| 中文字幕有码在线第十页| 国产91麻豆精品成人区| 久久精品熟妇丰满人妻久久| 欧美精品一产区二产区| 亚洲和欧洲一码二码三码| 狠狠色丁香婷婷综合尤物| 人妻熟女一区无中文字幕|