<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Saudis: Hostage's slayers die in shootout
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2004-06-19 23:53

          Saudi TV broadcast pictures Saturday of four bloodied bodies that authorities identified as the reputed leader of al-Qaida in the kingdom and three other militants killed in a gunbattle after dumping the mutilated body of an American hostage.

          The al-Qaida cell allegedly led by Abdulaziz al-Moqrin fulfilled its threat to kill engineer Paul M. Johnson Jr., beheading him and showing grisly photos on the Internet on Friday. The slaying drew a chorus of condemnation from around the world, with even one of America's staunchest foes, Syria, calling it a "shameful crime."

          The death of al-Moqrin, 31, would be a coup for Saudi Arabia's government, which has been beset by a wave of attacks on Westerners that has unsettled citizens and foreign residents.

          The airing of the pictures appeared to be a rebuttal to a posting on an Islamist Web site Saturday denying al-Moqrin had been killed and saying the claim was "aimed at dissuading the holy warriors and crushing their spirits."

          On state-run national television, a Saudi announced said four men killed by police after being cornered at a Riyadh gas station included al-Moqrin, the kingdom's most-wanted terror suspect.

          A picture showed the face of an apparently dead young man, clean-shaven except for his mustache and resembling past pictures believed to be of al-Moqrin. Al-Ekhbariya, an all-news Saudi satellite channel, showed a full photograph of the same corpse, covered with blood.

          A trickle of blood ran from the mouth of another of the militants pictured, and the teeth of a third appeared smashed.

          A U.S. official who spoke on condition of anonymity Friday had confirmed al-Moqrin's killing, while a Saudi official said forensic tests would confirm its identity.

          Johnson was the latest victim of an escalating campaign of violence against Westerners that is aimed at driving foreign workers from the kingdom and undermining the ruling royal family. Osama bin Laden, al-Qaida's leader, was stripped of his Saudi citizenship more than a decade ago after becoming increasingly critical of the monarchy.

          Johnson's severed head was shown on a Web site Friday after his wife went on Arab television and tearfully pleaded for his release.

          After news of Johnson's death was released Friday, a witness reportedly saw his body dumped from a car just outside Riyadh and informed police of the car's license number.

          Police were said to have stopped the car at a gas station in Riyadh's al-Malaz neighborhood and a fierce gunbattle erupted, during which the four militants died. Al-Ekhbariya broadcast footage of the station showing blood on the street and on merchandise inside.

          "Security forces managed last night in confrontations with a group of terrorists to kill four of them, the top being Abdulaziz Issa Abdul-Mohsin al-Moqrin, who claims to be the leader of the gang that condemns people as infidels," the state-run TV announcer said, reading from a statement attributed to the Interior Ministry.

          The official Saudi Press Agency carried a similar statement. It identified the three other militants killed as Faisal Abdul-Rahman al-Dikheel, Turki bin Fuheid al-Muteiry and Ibrahim bin Abdullah al-Dreiham.

          According to the SPA statement, al-Dikheel, also on the kingdom's list of the 26 most-wanted militants, was involved in a number of killings and apparently was featured in video footage of Johnson's killing. It said Al-Muteiry was among the militants involved in a May 29 attack in the oil hub of Khobar that killed 22 people. Al-Dreiham was linked to the Nov. 8 suicide bombing at Riyadh housing compounds that killed 17.

          SPA said one security officer was killed in the Friday gunbattle and two were wounded. Earlier, Saudi officials in Washington said on condition of anonymity that five security officers died. Two suspects escaped, according to a Saudi security official who participated.

          Al-Moqrin was believed to be behind numerous attacks on foreigners in the kingdom, including the kidnapping and beheading of Johnson, an employee of the U.S. defense contractor Lockheed Martin.

          Saudi newspapers on Saturday denounced Johnson's killers and hailed the efforts of Saudi security forces. The daily Al-Riyadh quoted al-Moqrin's father as saying he didn't know what had happened to his son, but "he has gone to his destiny." The father, Issa Abdul-Mohsin al-Moqrin, repeatedly had called on his son through the Saudi media to turn himself in.

          The Interior Ministry statement said authorities had confiscated three cars used by al-Moqrin's cell, including one believed to have been used in the June 6 killing of Irish cameraman Simon Cumbers. A British Broadcasting Corp. correspondent, Frank Gardner of Britain, was seriously wounded in that attack.

          Forged identity papers and a large amount of weapons also were confiscated, including three rocket-propelled grenade launchers, hand grenades and automatic rifles, the statement said.

          Saudi authorities also confiscated 132,000 Saudi riyals ($35,200) plus $2,900 in U.S. currency, the statement said.

          Johnson, 49, who had worked in Saudi Arabia for more than a decade, was kidnapped last weekend by militants who threatened to kill him by Friday if the kingdom did not release its al-Qaida prisoners. The Saudi government rejected the demands.

          One of three photographs posted on the Web on Friday showed Johnson's head, face toward the camera, being held by a hand. Two other pictures showed a body lying on a bed with the head placed in the small of the back. The body was in a bright orange jumpsuit, similar to one Johnson was seen wearing in earlier videos released by the kidnappers.

          A statement, in the name of Fallujah Brigade of al-Qaida in the Arabian Peninsula, said that "the infidel got his fair treatment. ... Let him taste something of what Muslims have long tasted from Apache helicopter fire and missiles."

          Johnson had worked on Apache helicopters for Lockheed Martin.

          President Bush condemned the beheading and vowed that "America will not be intimidated by these kinds of extremist thugs." British Prime Minister Tony Blair called the killing "an act of barbarism." Condemnation also came from Arab governments and Islamic leaders in Indonesia, the world's largest Muslim nation.

          Ahmad Haj Ali, a Syrian Information Ministry official, called Johnson's killing "a shameful crime, which is alien to Arab and Muslim morals." In Jordan, King Abdullah II said on state-run Jordanian radio it was "scary and humiliating that this crime has been committed in the name of Islam."

          Johnson was seized June 12, the same day that Islamic militants shot and killed Kenneth Scroggs of Laconia, N.H., in his garage in Riyadh. Earlier that week, militants shot and killed another American, Robert Jacobs of Murphysboro, Ill., and Cumbers in Riyadh.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          US arms sales to Taiwan harm Straits peace

           

             
           

          Japan slow to dispose bombs

           

             
           

          US hostage beheaded; al Qaeda leader killed

           

             
           

          Carmaker recalls Mazda6 sedans

           

             
           

          Electricity rate hike hearings to be held

           

             
           

          Real estate sector cools as brakes work

           

             
            EU celebrates constitution as hard sell begins
             
            World Bank to be more selective in oil, gas loans
             
            Four bombs explode outside Turkey banks
             
            Putin says Russia gave U.S. intel on Iraq
             
            Bush gets boost from McCain on Iraq
             
            9/11 plot reported hatched in 1996
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            News Talk  
            Does the approval of UN resolution on Iraq end daily bloodshed there?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产裸体美女视频全黄| 日韩a片无码一区二区五区电影| 起碰免费公开97在线视频| 亚洲中文字幕无码av永久| 99久久免费精品色老| 免费无码成人AV在线播放不卡 | 国产精品一区二区婷婷| 日韩精品一区二区三区中文无码 | 少妇伦子伦情品无吗| 偷拍专区一区二区三区| 人妻少妇精品视频中文字幕国语| 亚洲国产精品一二三四五| 香蕉亚洲欧洲在线一区| 无码人妻一区二区三区精品视频| A男人的天堂久久A毛片| 福利导航第一福利导航| 91密桃精品国产91久久| 亚洲中文一区二区av| 欧美激情一区二区久久久| 三年片在线观看免费观看高清动漫| 亚洲人成无码网站18禁| 国产午夜美女福利短视频| 国产精品亚洲а∨天堂2021| 中文字幕第一页国产| 亚洲中文字幕日产无码成人片| 中国CHINA体内裑精亚洲日本| 国产成人午夜一区二区三区| 久久波多野结衣av| 国产精品老熟女一区二区| 特黄三级又爽又粗又大| 真人无码作爱免费视频| 国产成AV人片久青草影院| 亚洲国产中文字幕在线视频综合| 国产 一区二区三区视频| 久草国产视频| 夜夜添无码试看一区二区三区 | 色综合久久婷婷88| 中文无码日韩欧免费视频| 国内精品久久久久影院薰衣草| 尹人香蕉久久99天天拍欧美p7 | 国产日韩一区二区四季|