<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Iraqi militants threaten to behead south Korean
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2004-06-21 08:56

          Iraqi militants threatened on Monday to behead a South Korean hostage within 24 hours to try to stop Seoul deploying 3,000 troops to Northern Iraq, according to a videotape aired on Arabic television station Al Jazeera.

          A banner in the background of footage showing 33-year-old Korean businessman Kim Sun-il pleading for his life named the group as Jama'at al-Tawhid and Jihad, the name of the militant group led by al Qaeda operative in Iraq Abu Musab al-Zarqawi.

          "Please get out of here, here, here. I don't want to die," Al Jazeera showed the Korean, pleading desperately.


          Masked men stand around a South Korean hostage in a videotape aired on the Arabic television station Al Jazeera on June 20, 2004.  [Reuters]
          The threat to kill the hostage came less than 24 hours after a US air strike on the town of Falluja on what the US military said was a safe house used by militants led by Zarqawi.

          Iraqi officers said women and children but no foreign Muslim militants were among the 22 people killed in the attack.

          The raid shattered a lull in Falluja and fueled tensions before the formal end of Iraq's US-led occupation on June 30.

          Insurgents, believed to include loyalists of Saddam Hussein, Sunni nationalists and foreign militants, have sown havoc ahead of the handover to a new interim Iraqi government and targeted Iraq's oil industry, lifeline to the country's reconstruction.

          On an optimistic note, Iraqi officials said Sunday engineers had finished repairing one of two sabotaged oil pipelines in southern Iraq and officials expect partial exports to resume Monday.

          But the threat to the South Korean hostage underscored the difficulties facing foreign nationals working in Iraq.

          South Korea identified the hostage as Kim and President Roh Moo-hyun's National Security Council held an emergency meeting Monday to discuss the apparent kidnapping.

          Iraqi militants threatened to behead the hostage if Seoul does not cancel plans to send 3,000 troops to Iraq, according to the tape aired on Arabic television station Al Jazeera.

          Beheading prisoners or cutting their throats has been a shock tactic among al Qaeda militants for some time. Last month, Zarqawi's group beheaded American hostage Nick Berg in Iraq.

          F

          A man identified as South Korean Kim Soong Il, is seen in this image taken from an undated but recent video obtained by Al-Jazeera television station Sunday, June 20, 2004. In the video, a group calling itself Monotheism and Jihad said that Korea had 24 hours to meet its demands of the withdrawal of Korean troops from Iraq, or they would kill Kim Soong Il. [AP]
          riday, al Qaeda militants in Saudi Arabia beheaded American hostage Paul Johnson.

          South Korea, which already has some non-combat troops deployed in Iraq, said Friday it would start to deploy 3,000 troops to the Arbil area in early August to help rebuild the northern Kurdish region.

          "We ask you to withdraw your forces from our land and not to send any more troops, and if not we'll send you this Korean's head," one of a group of armed, masked men standing around the South Korean man said in the videotape.

          The group said South Korea had 24 hours from Sunday night to withdraw its decision to send troops to Iraq, al Jazeera said.

          EXECUTION

          Meanwhile, the head of the Iraqi tribunal that will try Saddam said Sunday the former dictator could face the death penalty if he is convicted of war crimes.

          Salem Chalabi, the tribunal head, told the British Broadcasting Corporation's "Breakfast with Frost" program that if a suspension of capital punishment authorized by the U.S. administrator in Iraq, Paul Bremer, was lifted, then Saddam could face the death penalty if convicted.

          Iraq's interim Prime Minister Iyad Allawi defended the U.S. air strike on Falluja.

          "We know that a house which had been used by terrorists had been hit. We welcome this hit on terrorists anywhere in Iraq," he told a news conference.

          But Falluja's police chief and a senior officer in the Falluja Brigade in charge of security in the fiercely anti-U.S. town denied foreign fighters loyal to Zarqawi, a Jordanian described by the Americans as al Qaeda's leader in Iraq, had operated from the house.

          The U.S. military allowed the Falluja Brigade, led by former Iraqi army officers, to take over security in the town under a truce last month that ended battles between U.S. Marines and insurgents in which hundreds of people were killed.

          Since the truce, Falluja has been quieter, although the U.S. military said a Marine was killed in action Saturday in western Iraq -- the 615th U.S. combat death since the invasion.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          NPC weighs momentous new bankruptcy law

           

             
           

          Asian nations vows to meet oil needs

           

             
           

          FM sets up new branch to enhance security

           

             
           

          Pro-independence investors not welcome

           

             
           

          Japan-born panda cub happy back

           

             
           

          US generals to be summoned for Iraq scandal

           

             
            Iran confiscates three British boats
             
            Castro warns Bush against launching attack
             
            Five US troops killed in Iraq
             
            Private craft soars into space, history
             
            S.Korea to send Iraq troops despite kidnapping
             
            Mexico's leatherback still endangered
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          South Korean held in Iraq pleads for life
             
          US defends deadly Iraqi air strike
             
          Britain to send 3,000 troops to Iraq: report
             
          US missiles kill 16 Fallujah residents
            News Talk  
            Does the approval of UN resolution on Iraq end daily bloodshed there?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 99久久99这里只有免费费精品| 成人网站免费观看永久视频下载 | 久久久久免费看成人影片| 日本视频精品一区二区| 亚洲高清国产自产拍av| 99久久99久久精品国产片| 91色老久久精品偷偷蜜臀| 精品国产人妻一区二区三区久久 | 精品无码一区二区三区水蜜桃| 亚洲激情视频一区二区三区| 久久久亚洲欧洲日产国码606| 思思99思思久久最新精品| 国产免费无遮挡吃奶视频| 亚洲香蕉av一区二区蜜桃| 久久国产免费观看精品3| 亚洲国家av一区二区| 久久精品国产亚洲av电影| 国产一级视频久久| 国产一区二区不卡在线视频| 少妇高潮喷水惨叫久久久久电影| 尤物无码一区| 国产成人亚洲精品青草天美| 国产AV国片精品有毛| 久久av色欲av久久蜜桃网| 亚洲精品国产一区二区三区在线观看 | 丰满人妻一区二区三区无码AV| 国产精品成人久久电影| 又湿又紧又大又爽a视频| 国产在线午夜不卡精品影院| 日韩精品一区二区高清视频 | 久久婷婷五月综合97色直播| 99国产精品白浆在线观看免费| 人妻少妇精品中文字幕| 亚洲欧洲中文日韩AV乱码| 亚洲精品国产美女久久久| 中文字幕无线码中文字幕免费| 久久综合精品国产丝袜长腿| 一区二区三区四区五区自拍| 一区二区三区av天堂| 国产精品无码素人福利不卡| 亚洲天堂精品一区二区|