<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          S.Korea to send Iraq troops despite kidnapping
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2004-06-21 09:10

          South Korea will go ahead with its plan to send 3,000 troops to Iraq despite a televised threat from Iraqi militants to behead a South Korean hostage, the foreign ministry said Monday.

          The government would do its best to seek the release of 33-year-old businessman Kim Sun-il, who has been shown repeatedly on South Korean television pleading for his life, Vice Foreign Minister Choi Young-jin told reporters after a meeting of President Roh Moo-hyun's National Security Council.


          South Korea's vice foreign minister Choi Young-jin (R) reads a report after an emergency conference over a South Korean man kidnapped in Iraq, at the ministry headquarters in Seoul June 21, 2004. Iraqi militants have threatened to behead a South Korean hostage to try to stop Seoul deploying 3,000 troops to Iraq, according to a videotape aired on Al Jazeera on Monday. [Reuters]
          Choi said Kim had been kidnapped in Falluja on June 17 -- the day before South Korea announced where its troops would be deployed in Iraq and two days after he arrived in the country.

          The president of Kim's company had initially sought to negotiate with the kidnappers without telling the government, Choi said.

          "There is no change in the government principle that the troop deployment is for the reconstruction of Iraq," Choi said. He chairs a special task force set up to handle the crisis.

          Arabic television station Al Jazeera broadcast the videotape showing the masked militants standing behind Kim as they made their threat. South Korean television stations broadcast the film repeatedly.

          South Korea's YTN television quoted Kim's family as saying he had called, sobbing, from Iraq. He is the seventh of eight children.

          Yonhap news agency said Kim worked for a trading firm, Gana General Trading, and went to Iraq on June 15. The company had 12 employees in Iraq and has supplied military equipment to U.S. troops in Baghdad, the agency said.

          South Koreans reacted with shock, particularly because of the footage of Kim imploring people to help to free him. But most said Seoul should not alter its decision to send troops.

          "I felt terribly chilled this morning watching the Korean crying and yelling in front of the terrorists' camera. I am so sorry for his family. But feeling sorry and national security should be considered separately," said Sung Jeong-hun, a 29-year-old graduate school student in Seoul.

          "If we accept the terrorists' demand this time, the terrorists will continue threatening the world with the horrible terrors," he said.

          TOUGH BUT CRUCIAL

          Ryu Hee-man, a 51-year-old businessman, said he had expected an incident of some kind so he was not greatly shocked. Others said they had been shocked and some said the government could be forced to reconsider its decision.

          That seems unlikely, despite vocal protests against the plan, although the crisis could magnify public and parliamentary opposition.


          Masked men stand around a South Korean hostage in a videotape aired on Arabic television station Al Jazeera on June 20, 2004.  [Reuters]
          Roh views the deployment as a tough but crucial gesture to support Seoul's main ally, the United States, which has 37,500 troops stationed in the South to deter North Korea.

          Friday's announcement capped months of debate in South Korea on a pledge first made to President Bush by Roh in October last year and approved by parliament in February.

          South Korea already has about 670 military engineers and medics in southern Iraq, and they will join the larger deployment in the North. About half the troops are combat-ready forces.

          The ruling Uri Party decided last Thursday, after much debate, to back the government's plan to deploy the troops to Iraq but said it would reconsider its position at the end of the year.

          South Korea's parliament approved the deployment plan in February but the government delayed the planned April departure because the original destination was deemed unsuitable.

          Since the February vote, the Uri Party has won a majority in the 299-seat parliament in a general election and has members who vocally oppose the plan. Some may try to force a vote to overturn the deployment plan this week but are unlikely to succeed.

          The resolution passed in February, by what was then an opposition-dominated parliament, was valid for one year and the government needs parliamentary approval to extend the deployment.

          The conservative opposition supports the deployment.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Asian nations vows to meet oil needs

           

             
           

          FM sets up new branch to enhance security

           

             
           

          NPC weighs momentous new bankruptcy law

           

             
           

          Pro-independence investors not welcome

           

             
           

          Japan-born panda cub happy back

           

             
           

          Aussies restore purloined Sino dinosaur eggs

           

             
            Five US troops killed in Iraq
             
            Iran confiscates three British boats
             
            Castro warns Bush against launching attack
             
            Private craft soars into space, history
             
            S.Korea to send Iraq troops despite kidnapping
             
            Iraqi POW's suffering: Forced sex, genitals shocked
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          Iraqi militants threaten to behead south Korean
             
          South Korean held in Iraq pleads for life
            News Talk  
            Does the approval of UN resolution on Iraq end daily bloodshed there?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 精品久久综合1区2区3区激情| 《五十路》久久| 国产中文字幕久久黄色片| 国产 亚洲 制服 无码 中文| 亚洲国产一区在线观看| 国产日韩精品中文字幕| 成人免费视频一区二区| 亚洲国产日韩伦中文字幕| 水蜜桃视频在线观看免费18| 又黄又刺激又黄又舒服| 国产亚洲欧洲av综合一区二区三区 | 久久99日本免费国产精品| 国产精品国产精品偷麻豆| 国产精品国产精品偷麻豆| 亚洲日韩国产精品第一页一区| 伦精品一区二区三区视频| 玩弄放荡人妻少妇系列| 国产成人女人毛片视频在线| 不卡一区二区三区视频播放 | 2020精品自拍视频曝光| 99九九视频高清在线| 亚洲h在线播放在线观看h| 人妻中文字幕精品一页| 中国女人内谢69xxxx免费视频| 中国熟女仑乱hd| 免费在线成人网| 麻豆成人精品国产免费| 欧美zozo另类人禽交| 在线看高清中文字幕一区| 国产精品va在线观看无码不卡| 久久精品亚洲国产综合色| 日本边吃奶边摸边做在线视频 | 漂亮人妻被修理工侵犯| 亚洲高清免费在线观看| 丝袜欧美视频首页在线| 国产综合久久久久影院| 日本亚洲中文字幕不卡| 国产对白老熟女正在播放| 精品人妻中文字幕在线| 日本系列亚洲系列精品| 中文字幕人妻在线精品|