<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Rebels strike near Chechnya, 48 dead
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2004-06-22 22:12

          Suspected Chechen rebels rampaged through a southern Russian region in attacks early on Tuesday that killed 48 people and raised new doubts about Moscow's ability to stamp out Chechnya's separatist violence.


          Russian soldiers conduct a search operation in the mountains of Chechnya . Armed clashes erupted overnight Tuesday near Russia's separatist republic of Chechnya as rebels stormed police targets in neighboring Ingushetia in brazen attacks that left dozens of people wounded and dead. [AFP]

          In a brazen operation, the rebels seized the interior ministry building in Ingushetia region and held it for several hours, raided police arms depots and reduced police headquarters and a building housing border guards to gutted wrecks.

          The large-scale offensive was the biggest armed operation by rebels in Ingushetia since war between separatists and Moscow erupted in neighboring Chechnya a decade ago.

          The coordinated strikes, concentrated in the regional capital Nazran, led to fierce overnight battles involving grenade-launchers and automatic weapons as security forces fought to dislodge the rebels from the ministry building.

          Coming just six weeks after the assassination of Chechen leader Akhmad Kadyrov, the daring operation dealt a further blow to President Vladimir Putin's assertion that the tide had turned in Moscow's favor in its nine-year battle with the separatists.

          There was no immediate word from the Kremlin. Itar-Tass news agency said Ingushi President Murat Zyazikov kept Putin informed on the situation by telephone.


          A TV frame grab shows a masked soldier as he stands in position during raids in the Dagestani capital Makhachkala, June 22, 2004. Special forces in Ingushetia's Federal Security Service (FSB) successfully stormed a building in Makhachkala that was taken over by Chechen militants on Monday night. [Reuters]

          Tass quoted police as saying a small army of up to 200 guerrilla fighters staged the operation that began with rebels tricking their way into checkpoints on one of the main highways.

          Using false documents that identified them as members of anti-crime and special service squads, they commandeered the checkpoints and then gunned down police who turned out to answer the alarm, police said, quoted by Tass.

          Forty-eight people -- 18 police, five regional justice officials and 25 civilians -- were killed, Yakhya Khadziyev, a spokesman for the regional interior ministry, was quoted as saying by Tass.

          He said the dead included the acting regional interior minister Abukar Kostoyev, who had been in the building when it was captured. Another 60 people were injured. Two rebel fighters had been killed.

          Footage shown by ORT Channel One television showed bodies of combatants and civilians lying in the streets Tuesday, many of them charred and mutilated from the intense fighting.

          Witnesses said they had seen the bodies of many police officers in the ministry building which the rebels held for several hours before pulling out in the early hours.

          A police officer who gave his name only as Timur said: "In our section alone, 30 people were killed and wounded."

          Chechnya's interior minister, Alu Alkhanov, who has won the Kremlin's blessing to run for the region's presidency, said he had evidence that rebel warlord Shamil Basayev masterminded the attack. Basayev, Russia's most wanted man, has been behind many sensational rebel attacks over the past 10 years.

          SPILLOVER

          Ingushetia's mainly Muslim people are ethnically close to the Chechens and have occasionally suffered the spillover from the secessionist war in Chechnya, which borders it to the east.

          But they were stunned by the intensity of the overnight violence.

          Police headquarters and a border guards building in Nazran were reduced to burned-out shells and several other buildings badly damaged. Police prevented anyone entering the interior ministry building itself.

          On the streets of Nazran Tuesday people wandered in a daze, some with improvised bandages on their heads and limbs. With local emergency services at full stretch, the defense ministry dispatched a military field hospital to the area.

          Regional authorities declared three days of mourning.

          A local correspondent said people were already preparing the burials of their dead by sunset, according to Muslim tradition.

          The rebels, who launched their offensive at around 10.40 p.m. (1840 GMT) Monday night, also staged attacks on other points in the region, including Karbulak and Sleptsovsk.

          Within an hour and a half they had seized the interior ministry building in Nazran. They then raided interior ministry depots, seizing weapons and destroying those they could not take with them.

          Police reinforcements and Russian troops based in the south rushed to the region to shore up the beleaguered local forces.

          Witnesses said the rebel attack, launched by militants wearing masks and green headbands, came out of the blue.

          A local youth who stumbled across some of the militants before the attack was told: "We have come to stay. We are already in authority here."

          Residents cowered in cellars as fierce fighting raged around them for several hours until it died out at about four a.m., when the rebel fighters left the interior ministry building and pulled out.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          ACD nations issue energy strategy

           

             
           

          Epidemic control to enter national plan

           

             
           

          Wen: China, US share wide interests

           

             
           

          Progress expected from six-party talks

           

             
           

          Report: S. Korean hostage beheaded

           

             
           

          First rail tracks laid in Tibet

           

             
            Report: S. Korean hostage beheaded
             
            Rebels strike near Chechnya, 48 dead
             
            Iran to prosecute British Navy sailors
             
            DPRK, US still poles apart on eve of talks
             
            S.Korea says no news on fate of Iraq hostage
             
            Report: Clashes near Russia's Chechnya kill 46
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            News Talk  
            Does the approval of UN resolution on Iraq end daily bloodshed there?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 日韩精品久久不卡中文字幕| 成人无码视频97免费| 久天啪天天久久99久孕妇| 中文字幕在线视频不卡一区二区| 97人妻蜜臀中文字幕| 国产成人啪精品午夜网站| 开心一区二区三区激情| AV区无码字幕中文色| 国产成人AV在线免播放观看新| 欧美综合人人做人人爱| 色色97| 亚洲aⅴ无码国精品中文字慕| 亚欧洲乱码视频一二三区| 人妻人人做人碰人人添| 国内不卡的一区二区三区| 亚洲国产日韩在线视频| 国产尤物AV尤物在线看| 精品少妇爆乳无码aⅴ区| 体态丰腴的微胖熟女的特征| 好爽毛片一区二区三区四| 欧美日韩国产一区二区三区欧 | 久久亚洲国产品一区二区| 自拍视频在线观看成人| 东京热人妻丝袜无码AV一二三区观 | 男女激情一区二区三区| 国产欧美日韩高清在线不卡| 中文字幕国产精品日韩| 国产制服丝袜无码视频| 久久久久久久久18禁秘| 精品综合久久久久久97| 三上悠亚精品一区二区久久| 日韩亚洲国产高清免费视频| 亚洲第一福利视频| 亚洲欧美综合另类图片小说区| 狠狠综合久久av一区二| 亚洲人成电影网站色mp4| 日韩高清在线亚洲专区不卡| 国产福利社区一区二区| 伊人久久大香线蕉aⅴ色| 日韩秘 无码一区二区三区 | 亚洲婷婷六月的婷婷|