<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Three Afghan poll workers killed, 17 hurt in blast
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2004-06-26 14:14

          Three women working to register voters for Afghan elections were killed and 17 female election workers were wounded when a blast destroyed their bus in the eastern city of Jalalabad Saturday, officials said.

          The attack was one of the worst against workers preparing for elections supposed to be held in September, which the Taliban and allied Islamic militants have vowed to disrupt.

          It is also a further setback for President Hamid Karzai's efforts to bring peace to a country U.S. President Bush has described as a role model for Iraq.

          The women were heading for a voter registration site on the outskirts of the city when the blast occurred, a senior police officer said.

          A spokesman for the United Nations, which is overseeing voter registration, said that according to preliminary reports, the explosion occurred as the bus was heading to Rodat district to the east of Jalalabad.

          "Three have been killed, three to four seriously wounded," Manoel de Almeida e Silva said. "They are all Afghan national staff and they are all female," he said.

          The police officer said 17 women had been wounded.

          Registration of female voters for the poll has lagged behind that of men, especially in conservative southern and eastern provinces where militants are most active.

          Saturday's attack came just after Karzai appealed to NATO Friday to make good its pledge to send more troops to protect the polls and ensure they can be held on time.

          At a summit meeting in Istanbul next week, NATO is to announce that its 6,400-strong peacekeeping force will take command of four or five military-civilian reconstruction teams in northern Afghanistan and deploy about 1,200 troops for the polls.

          But this will fall short of at least 5,000 extra troops the United Nations and Kabul have estimated will be needed. The deployments will also be to relatively secure provinces, not to the south and east.

          Leading rights group Human Rights Watch charged that NATO "foot-dragging" had contributed to worsening security. It said it should immediately send more troops to protect voter registration and disarm warlord militias, adding that blame for a failure of the polls would rest on Washington and NATO.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Fire caused by lightning rages in northern forests

           

             
           

          Dozens of drug dealers executed in China

           

             
           

          US arms sales to Taiwan sparks tension

           

             
           

          Israel deputy PM visits grandpa's Harbin grave

           

             
           

          China has a surplus of poor-quality MBA

           

             
           

          Poor school kids get letter from Blair

           

             
            Three Afghan poll workers killed, 17 hurt in blast
             
            Bush seeks to heal Iraq rift at EU-US summit
             
            US airstrike kills up to 25 in Fallujah
             
            Cannabis is attracting more users--UN report
             
            Ninety die in fuel tanker crash in Iran
             
            Two US marines killed in Afghanistan
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          Mystery shrouds killing of 11 Chinese in Afghanistan
             
          Afghan government to compensate Chinese terror victims
             
          Renegade Afghan overruns provincial capital
             
          Bush touts Afghanistan as model for Iraq
            News Talk  
            Does the approval of UN resolution on Iraq end daily bloodshed there?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲第一视频在线观看| 99草草国产熟女视频在线| 国产精品成人久久电影| 中文字幕有码日韩精品| 又黄又爽又色视频| 国产拗精品一区二区三区| 狠狠婷婷色五月中文字幕| 激情久久av一区二区三区| 久久精品夜色噜噜亚洲av| 色偷偷女人的天堂亚洲网| 亚日韩精品一区二区三区| 午夜福利国产精品视频| 宅男午夜网站在线观看| 国产成人午夜福利院| 久久综合亚洲色一区二区三区| 高潮潮喷奶水飞溅视频无码| 精品久久国产字幕高潮| 久久天天躁狠狠躁夜夜不卡| 蜜臀午夜一区二区在线播放| 国产无遮挡裸体免费久久| 免费的特黄特色大片| 老鸭窝在线视频| 猫咪网网站免费观看| 精品素人AV无码不卡在线观看| 久久久久久久一线毛片| 天天射—综合中文网| 免费无码黄十八禁网站| 在线看av一区二区三区| 亚洲东京色一区二区三区| 久久亚洲中文字幕精品有坂深雪| 亚洲激情在线一区二区三区| yw尤物av无码国产在线观看| 亚洲国产一成人久久精品| 性欧美乱熟妇xxxx白浆| 久久精品国产最新地址| 午夜福利看片在线观看| 久久99久久99精品免视看国产成人| 亚洲色精品VR一区二区三区| 成人精品毛片在线观看| 色香欲天天影视综合网| 天堂女人av一区二区|