<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          World court rules Israel's barrier illegal
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2004-07-09 21:41

          The World Court will rule on Friday that Israel's West Bank barrier, which has caused hardship for thousands of Palestinians, violates international law and should be torn down, a leaked copy of the ruling showed.

          A spokesman for the European Commission said the decision seemed to confirm the European Union's view that the barrier was illegal and urged Israel to remove it from occupied territory.


          An aerial view shows a concrete wall, part of Israel's controversial security barrier, which separates the West Bank from Israel, in east Jerusalem July 9, 2004. [Reuters]
          Israel has said it will disregard the court's non-binding advisory decision, calling its barrier a vital security bulwark against infiltrations by Palestinian suicide bombers.

          The court acknowledged Israel's duty to protect its citizens but said it must do so within the law and should compensate Palestinians for homes and land lost or damaged by the building of the 100-meter (yard) wide strip of walls, ditches and fences.

          Palestinians brand the barrier a precursor to annexation of land Israel captured in the 1967 Middle East war and where they seek a viable state under a U.S.-backed "road map" peace plan.

          Only American judge Thomas Buergenthal dissented from his 14 international colleagues' opinion, the leaked document showed.

          The leaked document said the court would declare fences and walls infringed the rights of Palestinians trapped by twists and turns in the barrier that take it around Jewish settlements.

          "The construction of the wall along the route chosen and its associated regime are contrary to international law," said the document leaked to Reuters in Jerusalem before its slated 3 p.m. announcement in The Hague where the court is based.

          "The court is not convinced that the construction of the wall along the route chosen was the only means to safeguard the interests of Israel against the peril it invoked as justification," the leaked document read.

          U.N. ACTION URGED

          The leaked text urged follow-up action by the U.N. General Assembly and U.N. Security Council, which could heighten Israeli concern about a move to impose sanctions on the Jewish state.

          "The court is of the view that the United Nations, and especially the General Assembly and Security Council, should consider what further action is required to bring an end to the illegal situation resulting from the construction of the wall."

          Palestinians tend to enjoy considerable support at the United Nations. But Israel looks to the U.S. veto in the Security Council to block any bid to punish it in the way that apartheid South Africa was after the World Court ruled its occupation of South West Africa, now Namibia, illegal in 1971.

          WORLD ATTENTION

          The World Court, the top U.N. legal body formally known as the International Court of Justice, acknowledged documents had been circulated before its announcement but said in a statement: "The registrar of the court wishes to make it clear that the only authentic text is the official text issued by the court."

          Israeli and Palestinian officials declined comment before the ruling was announced. Palestinian President Yasser Arafat said on Thursday: "We put tremendous faith in this court."

          The General Assembly requested an opinion in December and the Hague court held hearings in February overshadowed by public lobbying and demonstrations from both sides.

          The ruling was expected to be one of the most closely monitored in the 58-year history of the World Court and attested to paralysis in Middle East peacemaking after years of violence.

          Israeli officials say the barrier, about a third of whose planned more than 370-mile length has been built since 2002, has already pre-empted dozens of suicide bomb attacks. Such bombers have killed hundreds of Israelis.

          "We will abide by the ruling of our own High Court and not the panel in The Hague with judges from the European Union who are not suspected of being particularly disposed toward Israel," Justice Minister Yosef Lapid told Israeli Army Radio Friday.

          Five of the 15 judges are from the European Union.

          Last week Israel's top court ordered one segment of the barrier re-routed to avoid cutting off Palestinian villagers from farms, jobs, public services and cities, but ruled Israel had a right to build it in the West Bank on security grounds.

          European Commission spokesman Jean-Christophe Filori said the EU had long felt the barrier's route did not adhere to the 1949 armistice line between Israel and the West Bank and that it could hinder peaceful solutions to the conflict.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Rice reiterates one-China stance

           

             
           

          Industry reports slowed growth

           

             
           

          Agreement ends rebates for chip makers

           

             
           

          Goals set to improve auditing system

           

             
           

          Governor: Loan control won't be relaxed

           

             
           

          Chinese forced labourers win suit in Japan

           

             
            Report: CIA gave false info on Iraq
             
            Three runners gored by bulls in Spain
             
            Accused U.S. Army deserter rejoins wife
             
            World court rules Israel's barrier illegal
             
            Report: World Court to rule Israel's barrier illegal
             
            Russia fine with US presence in former Soviet states
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            News Talk  
            Will Saddam Hussein get a fair trial?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 91全国偷拍免费视频| 国产亚洲999精品AA片在线爽| 91福利国产成人精品导航| 唐人社视频呦一区二区| 91av国产在线| 色吊丝二区三区中文写幕| 久久久久99人妻一区二区三区| 色就色偷拍综合一二三区| 内地自拍三级在线观看| 人人人澡人人肉久久精品| 在线视频观看| 亚洲欧美日韩国产国产a| 成人拍拍拍无遮挡免费视频| 人妻大胸奶水2| 九九在线精品国产| 97精品依人久久久大香线蕉97| 中文字幕国产精品第一页| 99热成人精品热久久6网站| 亚洲乱码一区二区三区视色| 亚洲日韩中文字幕在线播放| 国产乱码精品一区二三区| 91国在线啪精品一区| 国产精品护士| 亚洲精品自拍区在线观看| 综合亚洲网| gogogo在线播放中国| 亚洲天堂伊人久久a成人| 人妻少妇看a偷人无码| 久久99热只有视精品6国产| av无码免费无禁网站| 日韩高清亚洲日韩精品一区二区| 日韩精品人妻中文字幕有码视频| 中文有无人妻vs无码人妻激烈| 无码人妻丰满熟妇区五十路在线| 亚洲情A成黄在线观看动漫尤物| 国产精品中出一区二区三区| 成人午夜av在线播放| 精品国产乱码久久久久久红粉| 日本不卡不二三区在线看| 国产成人免费手机在线观看视频| 国产专区精品三级免费看|