<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Blast in Afghan City of Herat Kills Five, Wounds 34
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2004-07-11 16:37

          An explosion in the western Afghan city of Herat Sunday killed five people and wounded 34, raising fresh concerns about security for landmark elections due in October, officials said.

          The United Nations said the blast was the latest in a string of violent incidents that underscored the need for more international troops to protect the October 9 presidential vote and parliamentary elections in April next year.


          The explosion came shortly before the launch of a drive to disarm militia forces in the ancient city near the border with Iran.


          The device exploded outside a military post near a busy morning market, said Ghulam Mohammad Masoan, spokesman for the provincial governor. A doctor in a city hospital said at least four people had been killed.


          "The death toll has reached five, a child is among them. And we have 34 wounded people. said Nasir Habib, a doctor at Herat's main hospital.


          The death toll could rise because some of the wounded were in critical condition, he said. All the victims were civilians.


          Herat's police chief, Zia Uddin Mahmodi, said the blast was thought to have been caused by a bomb hidden in a bucket.


          Members of the ousted Taliban militia could have been responsible, he said.


          The Taliban, ousted by U.S.-led forces in late 2001, have vowed to disrupt the October election and have launched a string of attacks on government and foreign troops and election workers in recent months but most of the violence has been in the volatile south and east of the country.


          Masoan said he believed it was the work of "those people who do not want a stable Herat." He was apparently referring to rivals of the province's powerful governor, Ismail Khan.


          Herat has long been seen as one of the more stable parts of the country, but in March fighting erupted between forces loyal to a government military commander and members of Khan's militia.


          Khan's son, Aviation Minster Mirwais Sadiq, was killed in the clash. President Hamid Karzai's central government sent troops to intervene but commanders loyal to Khan, who forced those of the rival military commander out of the city, said they were not needed.


          DISARMING FIGHTERS


          A U.N. spokesman in Kabul said a Disarmament Demobilization and Integration drive was due to be launched in Herat Sunday with a parade and a ceremony at a site about 5 km (3 miles) from the site of the explosion.

          One of Khan's armored militia brigades is due to be demobilized in the campaign.


          The disarming of tens of thousands of irregular fighters under the command of regional strongmen is seen as a crucial step in Afghanistan's path to stability.


          Some regional commanders, including Khan, have warned that disarming their forces will actually increase instability, especially while a new national army of 12,000 is still so small.

          Western diplomats and human rights groups have argued that it would be difficult to ensure fair parliamentary elections while powerful factions, some of them closely aligned to political parties, hold sway over large parts of Afghanistan.

          More than 20,000 U.S.-led troops are hunting remnants of the Taliban and their al Qaeda allies in Afghanistan.

          NATO has deployed about 6,500 troops, most on peacekeeping duty in Kabul. It has agreed to send another 1,500 to Kabul and to the more stable north for the polls -- far fewer than the United Nations and the government had been seeking.

          The U.N. representative for Afghanistan said more troops were needed now.

          "All the incidents that have been happening recently, including the killing of our three female registration officers, do demonstrate that protection of the election process is not a matter of arriving for polling day," U.N. special representative Jean Arnault told a news briefing.

          "The time for the arrival of international forces is now, not in four months from now," he said.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Power cuts put many Chinese business in bind

           

             
           

          Israeli bus stop blast: one dead, 20 wounded

           

             
           

          HK publishes guidelines on election

           

             
           

          Classified data missing from US nuke lab

           

             
           

          Premier Wen launches battle against AIDS

           

             
           

          Harsh compensation plan still up in air

           

             
            Four U.S. Marines killed in Iraq
             
            Japan voters turn out to give verdict on Koizumi
             
            Kerry says Edwards injecting 'enthusiasm'
             
            Kidnappers deny freeing Filipino hostage
             
            Classified data missing from US nuke lab
             
            New HIV therapy shows promise
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            News Talk  
            Will Saddam Hussein get a fair trial?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 久久波多野结衣av| 亚洲一区无码精品色| 国产免费人成网站在线播放| 人成午夜免费大片| 精品无码久久久久成人漫画| 一区二区亚洲人妻av| 国产av最新一区二区| 日韩精品国产二区三区| 久久99精品久久水蜜桃| 高清自拍亚洲精品二区| 午夜国产精品福利一二| 亚洲综合国产一区二区三区| 国产精品一区二区三粉嫩| 色8久久人人97超碰香蕉987| 乱女乱妇熟女熟妇综合网| 男人进女人下部全黄大色视频| 毛片一级在线| 中文字幕日韩精品国产| 亚洲色精品VR一区二区三区| 国语偷拍视频一区二区三区 | 亚洲中文字幕无码专区| 国产亚洲精品自在久久vr| 欧美日韩国产va在线观看免费| 亚洲欧美综合另类图片小说区| 亚洲国产良家在线观看| 亚洲精品无播放器在线播放| 高清中文字幕一区二区| 亚洲熟妇av一区二区三区宅男| 精品自拍偷拍一区二区三区| 内射极品少妇xxxxxhd| 日本激情久久精品人妻热| 中文字幕日韩精品人妻| 国产欧美va欧美va在线| 俄罗斯少妇性XXXX另类| 99久热在线精品视频| 无码人妻精品一区二区三区下载| 亚洲最大天堂无码精品区| 玩弄漂亮少妇高潮白浆| 成年片免费观看网站| 国产午夜精品福利91| 无码aⅴ精品一区二区三区|