<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Israel's Peres urges election, pressures Sharon
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2004-08-20 10:51

          Israel's opposition Labor Party leader pushed an already embattled prime minister to the wall by advocating early elections a day after Ariel Sharon's Likud party barred him from coalition negotiations.

          Shimon Peres effectively closed the door to further talks with Sharon, who needs the center-left party to push through his Gaza pullout plan, but left open the possibility of future negotiations should an unlikely majority in Labor agree.

          Sharon had vowed to press ahead with the Israeli withdrawal from the Gaza Strip despite a humiliating rebuff from Likud that voted Wednesday against bringing Labor into the government.


          An Israeli soldier guards detained Palestinian men in a school in the Al-Ein refugee camp near the West Bank city of Nablus, August 19, 2004.  [Reuters]

          Peres, a strong proponent of ceding occupied land for peace, said he would continue to support the Gaza pullout but suggested Sharon had been too seriously weakened by the revolt of Likud rightists to pursue talks with the main opposition party.

          "The opinion of the Labor Party today is to call for new elections and allow the people to decide," Peres, a veteran former prime minister and foreign minister, told journalists.

          He said elections, which do not have to be held until 2006, should take place "as soon as possible, the minute there is a majority in the Knesset," Israel's parliament.

          Peres needs a two-thirds majority to dissolve the 120-seat parliament, which is in recess until October, and some Labor lawmakers voiced doubts they could win such a vote.

          There was no immediate comment from Sharon, but sources close to the premier said that although he wanted to avoid early elections he could not rule them out.

          Early elections would almost certainly delay the evacuation of 8,000 Jewish settlers from Gaza and hundreds from four West Bank settlements next year under Sharon's pullout plan.

          ISRAELIS BACK GAZA WITHDRAWAL

          Polls show most Israelis support the withdrawal, regarding the coastal Gaza Strip as a bloody liability. Likud rebels argue that abandoning any land Israel captured in the 1967 Middle East war would "reward Palestinian terrorism."

          Before Peres said early elections appeared the best solution in the current environment, Sharon signaled his intent to continue efforts to reshape his coalition and restore the parliamentary majority he lost over the plan.

          "The prime minister is continuing with the disengagement," Sharon's office said. "He will try to build a stable coalition government."

          Sharon, once considered a champion of settlement expansion, is now reviled by settlers and their supporters despite his aim of cementing Israel's hold on larger settlements in the West Bank, where most of the 240,000 settler population live.

          Palestinians say the strategy, which includes the construction of a massive barrier in the West Bank, is aimed at denying them a viable state.

          Israel's attorney general urged the government to swiftly reroute the barrier to minimize the risk of international sanctions following a World Bank ruling that the project is illegal.

          Israel says the barrier is necessary to help keep out suicide bombers. Palestinians denounce it as a ploy to annex land.

          In a separate development, Israel dismantled an unauthorized West Bank outpost in compliance with a U.S.-backed road map to peace -- only days after Sharon approved the building of some 1,000 new settler homes in the West Bank.

          U.S. National Security Adviser Condoleezza Rice voiced disapproval of the building plans Thursday. "We've been very clear to them that settlement expansion is not consistent with our understanding under the road map," she said.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Crop trade deficit recorded for 1st time

           

             
           

          Chen uses stopover to undermine relations

           

             
           

          Gymnastics gold evens the US with China

           

             
           

          Senior officials face stiff graft checks

           

             
           

          FDI grows by a large margin in July

           

             
           

          Massacre proof sent to Nanjing

           

             
            Israel's Peres urges election, pressures Sharon
             
            Analysis: Doctors a part of Iraq abuse
             
            Kerry: Bush lets groups do 'dirty work'
             
            Google up in market debut after bumpy IPO
             
            Mortar rounds hit US embassy in Baghdad
             
            Fierce fighting in Iraq's Najaf, Sadr defiant
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          Syria expects China to play important role in Mideast
             
          Sharon's party rebels, imperils Gaza pullout plan
             
          Israel kills 5 in attempt to assassinate Hamas man
             
          Sharon approves 1,000 settlement homes in W.Bank
            News Talk  
            American "democracy" under the microscope...  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲乱码精品久久久久..| 成人午夜免费无码视频在线观看| 国产精品v片在线观看不卡| 人人妻人人妻人人片色av| 自拍偷区亚洲综合第二区| av资源在线看免费观看| 免费无码又爽又刺激网站| 日日碰狠狠添天天爽五月婷| 99久久精品美女高潮喷水| 四虎国产精品久久免费地址 | 重口SM一区二区三区视频| 亚洲人成电影在线天堂色| 日韩成人大屁股内射喷水| 成人精品色一区二区三区| 欧美亚洲另类自拍偷在线拍| 国产精品爆乳奶水无码视频免费| 免费人成网上在线观看网址| 2021国产精品一区二区在线| 69天堂人成无码免费视频| 国产69精品久久久久久人妻精品| 日韩精品福利视频在线观看| 不卡乱辈伦在线看中文字幕| 无码人妻一区二区三区在线视频 | 无码中文字幕av免费放| 国产亚洲国产精品二区| 亚洲精品成人A在线观看| 四虎亚洲精品高清在线观看| 亚洲国产精品综合久久网各| 亚洲蜜臀av乱码久久| 猛男被狂c躁到高潮失禁男男小说| 中文字幕久久六月色综合| 亚洲综合无码一区二区痴汉| 最新精品国产自偷在自线| 五月综合网亚洲乱妇久久| 国产亚洲精品第一综合麻豆| 99久热在线精品视频| 国产精品综合色区av| 亚洲VA中文字幕无码久久不卡| 国产肉体xxxx裸体137大胆| 国产稚嫩高中生呻吟激情在线视频| 无码毛片一区二区本码视频|