<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Israel plans 530 settler homes, US acquiesces
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2004-08-24 08:37

          Israel plans to build 530 new settler homes in the occupied West Bank after Washington softened its opposition to growth in Jewish enclaves, a policy shift Palestinians say will make peace impossible.  

          Israeli political sources said Monday the construction, together with tenders for 1,000 other homes approved last week by Prime Minister Ariel Sharon, would mainly affect settlements near Jerusalem and be in full swing by the end of 2004.

          In a separate development, Defense Minister Shaul Mofaz approved a new route for a key section of Israel's West Bank barrier, narrowing under Israeli court order the scope of land expropriation for a project deemed illegal by the World Court.


          A bulldozer at a construction site at the Jewish settlement Har Homa in East Jerusalem, August 23, 2004.  [Reuters]

          At Har Gilo, six earthmovers were hard at work carving up a rocky hill crest beyond the last line of houses in the settlement sandwiched between two Palestinian villages south of Jerusalem. Officials said about 200 homes would be built there.

          Some in the construction crews were local Palestinians desperate for work almost four years into an economically disastrous revolt against Israel waged by militant factions.

          "No one in the world listens to our grievances anyway," bulldozer operator Jirie Sarras, from the adjacent village of Beit Jala, said of the decades-old Jewish settlement drive.

          "If I don't work here, someone else will. I need the money. In the end the result will be the same anyway. I have to go back to work now," he added, returning to his earthmover.

          Palestinians condemned the settlement growth plan, saying U.S. relaxation of a policy against settlement construction would wreck chances of reviving Middle East peacemaking.


          A dog sniffs bags at a bus stop in Jerusalem in search for possible explosives and suicide bombers.  [AFP]

          "If Israel does not stop this expansionist policy, we will not be able to find enough space to establish our state on," Palestinian Negotiations Minister Saeb Erekat told Reuters.

          U.S. SHIFT

          Washington signaled Saturday it could accept building within existing construction lines of settlements that have spread on territory Israel captured in the 1967 Middle East war.

          It had earlier insisted on a construction freeze under an international "road map" peace plan. But persistent violence on both sides has ridden roughshod over the year-old blueprint.

          Sharon has since drawn up a unilateral plan to withdraw from Gaza, where 8,000 settlers live in heavily guarded settlements alongside 1.3 million Palestinians, and Washington is apparently trying to help him face down internal far-right opposition.

          But Sharon's plan for "disengaging" from conflict with the Palestinians also entails Israel cementing its grip on West Bank areas where the vast majority of the 240,000 settlers live.

          U.S. President Bush is seen as inclined to accept some building in settlements now to avoid offending Jewish-American voters who favor settlements, and conservative Christian supporters of Israel as he fights for re-election in November.

          Israeli officials said the new construction drive was still subject to final government approval. But a political source said that would only be a formality.

          The cabinet will also have final say on Mofaz's approval of the new barrier route in the central West Bank. The project, which has separated thousands of Palestinians from schools, hospitals and farmland, led the High Court in June to order the government to ease Palestinian hardship.

          The new route will fence in 3,750 acres of land between the central West Bank and Israel instead of a planned 8,500 acres, the officials said.

          Israel says the planned 360-mile-long barrier, of which some 120 miles have been built, is aimed at stopping Palestinian suicide bombers.

          Palestinians call it a land grab. The United Nations has estimated some 12,000 Palestinians could find themselves on the barrier's "Israeli side" when it is complete.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Vice-premier: Pay all owed wages to migrant workers

           

             
           

          China cancels 4,800 development zones

           

             
           

          Yao lifts China into Olympic quarter-finals

           

             
           

          Law to protect HB virus carriers

           

             
           

          Games stadium redesign may save US$336m

           

             
           

          Ministry denies pig's bird flu infection

           

             
            Israel plans 530 settler homes, US acquiesces
             
            Fighting, artillery barrage rocks Iraqi shrine
             
            Judge urges U.S. to speed Abu Ghraib case
             
            Mexico arrests major drug trafficker
             
            Germany acquits Carlos the Jackal aide
             
            Norway searches for treasured masterpieces
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          Arabs say US destroys hope over Jewish settlements
             
          Israel's Peres urges election, pressures Sharon
             
          Syria expects China to play important role in Mideast
             
          Sharon's party rebels, imperils Gaza pullout plan
            News Talk  
            American "democracy" under the microscope...  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 中文字幕亚洲人妻系列| 国产精品高清视亚洲精品| 国产成人免费观看在线视频| 成人区人妻精品一区二区不卡视频| 亚洲岛国成人免费av| 欧美成人精品 一区二区三区| 国内自拍第一区二区三区| 高清免费毛片| 在线看av一区二区三区| 欧洲极品少妇| 亚洲伊人情人综合网站| 亚洲国产午夜精品理论片妓女 | 亚洲欧洲av一区二区| 亚洲av影院一区二区三区| 99re6这里有精品热视频| 久久亚洲精品亚洲人av| 亚洲成aⅴ人在线观看| 丁香花成人电影| 国内精品视频一区二区三区八戒| 免费播放岛国影片av| 亚洲午夜成人精品电影在线观看| 欧美XXXX黑人又粗又长精品| 韩国精品福利视频一区二区| 国产美女69视频免费观看| 亚洲国产欧美在线观看片| 国产高清在线精品一区| 99热久久这里只有精品| 国产黄色三级三级看三级| 国产18禁黄网站禁片免费视频| 欧美自拍另类欧美综合图片区| 蜜桃av噜噜一区二区三区香| 午夜毛片不卡免费观看视频| 欧美日韩国产高清视频在线观看| 亚洲国产成人无码电影| 三年片大全| 九九热在线免费视频精品| 最新国产麻豆aⅴ精品无| 亚洲中文字幕一区精品自| 午夜性刺激免费在线| 不卡免费一区二区日韩av| 日本夜爽爽一区二区三区|