<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Russian hostage-takers free 26, but still hold hundreds
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2004-09-03 08:44

          Heavily-armed militants freed 26 women and children but kept hundreds captive in a school for a second day as officials pledged to avoid force to end a harrowing standoff that bore the hallmarks of a strike by Chechen rebels.


          Ossetian women, relatives of hostages cry as they wait outside the school, where a group of gunmen, wearing belts laden with explosives, are holding hostage some 330 people in the northern Ossetian town of Beslan. [AFP]
          Special forces personnel wearing camouflage and carrying automatic weapons carried crying toddlers and accompanied the women beyond the security perimeter around the building where they were greeted by distraught family members.

          President Vladimir Putin said the safety of the hostages -- children, their parents and teachers -- was his top priority, and described the wave of terror strikes that has rocked Russia recently as an attack on the entire country.

          Families and friends of the hostages kept up an agonising round-the-clock vigil outside the school as security forces prevented anyone from crossing the security cordon around the building in this city near war-torn Chechnya.

          Officials said contact with the hostage-takers "intensified" during the day on a number of issues, among them an agreement to allow food and water to be delivered to the hostages, believed to number around 330 after the releases.

          One official quoted by RIA Novosti news agency said the militants had not communicated their demands and added that Ruslan Aushev, a former president of the Caucasus republic of Ingushetia, had spoken with them in the school.

          "Unfortunately, there is not yet a list of demands formulated by the terrorists," said Alan Doyev, spokesman for the North Ossetia interior ministry said.

          Doyev said the 26 freed hostages were in stable condition but were suffering from psychological stress.


          A released hostage (C) holding her baby walks away from the school seized by heavily armed masked men and women in the town of Beslan in the province of North Ossetia near Chechnya on September 2, 2004. An armed gang, holding hundreds of people hostage in a Russian school, on Thursday freed 26 children and women, Itar-Tass news agency quoted officials as saying. [Reuters]

          At one point, two loud explosions were heard in the vicinity of the school. The cause of the blasts was not clear.

          An empty passenger bus was driven inside the security perimeter and parked outside the school, but there was also no explanation for its presence.

          The hostage-takers, reported to number at least 17 and to include at least two women wearing suicide belts packed with explosives, threatened Wednesday to blow up the school if their demands were not met.

          One official who spoke to Russian television overnight said the militants had been offered safe passage to Chechnya and a proposal to exchange the children held hostage for adults. That information was not later substantiated.


          A soldier carries a baby and a woman holds a child after being released by militants in Beslan, North Ossetia, Thursday, Sept. 2, 2004. Heavily-armed militants released at least 31 women and children on Thursday from the provincial Russian school where they are holding more than 350 hostages for the second straight day, officials said. [AP]

          Lev Dzugayev, a spokesman for the president of the North Ossetia republic, said the release of the women and children was a positive signal.


          "This is the first positive result that came about as a result of negotiations led by Ruslan Aushev," Dzugayev told reporters.


          Prior to the release of the 26 women and children, the total number of hostages inside the school was put by authorities at 354. Around 130 of them were believed to be children between the ages of six and 17.

          No official has yet apportioned responsibility for the hostage-taking. But it drew comparisons to previous hostage seizures in the Caucasus and Moscow carried out by Chechen rebels.

          The most spectacular of those was the capture of some 800 people at a Moscow theater in October 2002. That standoff ended three days after it began and resulted in the deaths of more than 40 militants and 129 hostages.

          Russian news agencies said 11 people were killed, including one of the militants, when the school here was seized early Wednesday, the first day of school throughout Russia.

          Putin, sitting down to talks at the Kremlin with Jordan's King Abdullah II, said the hostage crisis was part of "a whole series" of attacks directed at the Russian state that could fan religious and ethnic tensions in the Caucasus.

          But he also stressed that securing the safe release of the hostages was his number-one priority.

          "All these actions are aimed not only against specific Russian citizens but against Russia as a whole," Putin said, adding that Russia would do all in its power to prevent further destabilization in the Caucasus region.

          But, he added: "The most important thing is to safeguard and protect the lives of those held hostage."

          Separately, an official of Russia's FSB security and intelligence service said authorities were not planning to use force to end the standoff for the time being.

          "There is no alternative to dialogue," said the official, Valery Andreyev, quoted by ITAR-TASS news agency.

          "We have to expect a long and tense negotiation process," he added.

          The Kremlin announced that Putin had decided to postpone an official two-day visit to Turkey in order to remain in Moscow and supervise the crisis.

          Russians were reeling from a week of attacks that began on August 25 with a bombing at a bus station followed hours later by an apparent suicide bomb attack that brought down two passenger airliners.

          On Tuesday, a female suicide bomber killed nine people including herself when she set off her explosives outside a crowded Moscow subway station.

          The attacks have killed a total of 111 people and left more than 50 wounded.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Hong Kong hopes to be Olympic venue

           

             
           

          Russian hostage-takers free 26 hostages

           

             
           

          Senior official imprisoned for corruption

           

             
           

          Beijing-HK set up closer ties

           

             
           

          China supports Russia against terrorism

           

             
           

          Wen: More aid to developing countries

           

             
            Russian hostage-takers free 26, but still hold hundreds
             
            French hostage transfer sparks release hopes
             
            Judge orders 470 GOP protesters released
             
            Malaysia rebel politician Anwar free, urges reform
             
            Iraqi militants say they kill 3 Turkish hostages
             
            UN: S.Korea enriched uranium close to bomb fuel
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          Russian hostage-takers free 26 hostages
             
          China supports Russia against terrorism
             
          Militants free six from seized Russian school
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 狠狠综合久久av一区二| 老妇女性较大毛片| 精品videossexfreeohdbbw| 亚洲综合在线亚洲优优色| 日韩不卡无码精品一区高清视频| 欧美肥老太交视频免费 | 99国产精品久久久久久久成人热| 国产精品午夜福利导航导| 久久综合亚洲色一区二区三区| 在线观看mv的免费网站| 欧美野外伦姧在线观看| 亚洲欧洲AV系列天堂日产国码| 巨熟乳波霸若妻在线播放| 日韩欧美精品suv| 东京热av无码电影一区二区| 国产午夜福利免费入口| 欧美色图久久| 无码囯产精品一区二区免费| 国产精一区二区黑人巨大| 麻豆国产高清精品国在线| 在线不卡免费视频| 国产精品不卡一区二区在线| 免费中文熟妇在线影片| 日韩av一区二区三区不卡| 亚洲最大福利视频网| 久久亚洲日本激情战少妇| 西西444www高清大胆| 亚洲高清免费在线观看| 国产精品自在线拍国产| 国产一区在线观看不卡| 国产玩具酱一区二区三区| 亚洲一区二区三区国产精品| 亚洲一区成人av在线| 成人影片一区免费观看| 国产精品午夜福利合集| 人妻夜夜爽天天天爽欧美色院 | 久久精品国产中文字幕| 亚洲天堂免费av在线观看| 国产精品夫妇激情啪发布| 久久久久综合中文字幕| 99re视频在线|