<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Soldiers storm in to end hostage siege
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2004-09-03 19:45

          Russian soldiers fought Chechen separatists to end a two-day school siege Friday as naked and screaming children ran for safety amid explosions and machinegun fire.


          Russian Interior Ministry officer carries an injured girl after she was released from the school seized by heavily armed masked men and women in the town of Beslan in the province of North Ossetia near Chechnya, September 3, 2004. [Reuters]
          Tass news agency said Russian troops were in "full control" of the building and quoted an official as saying most hostages were alive. It said up to 200 wounded had been taken to hospital, but witnesses saw bodies lying on stretchers.

          NTV television said five hostage-takers had been killed.

          Soldiers carried children away from the school, some covered in blood, as gunfire and explosions continued. Military helicopters circled overhead and ambulances ferried dazed and bleeding hostages away.

          "Those children who remained in the school, in general, were not hurt," said the security official quoted by Tass.

          "The ones who suffered were the children in the group which ran from the school and on whom the fighters opened fire."

          A Reuters correspondent saw three armored personnel carriers carry heavily armed soldiers toward the school. He also saw soldiers commandeering civilian cars, apparently to transport the wounded.

          Tass said troops had blown a hole in a wall to let hostages escape. It said rebels had escaped and were fleeing the town.


          Two men help a woman to reach medical assistance after she was released out of the school seized by heavily armed masked men and women in the town of Beslan in the province of North Ossetia near Chechnya, September 3, 2004. [Reuters]
          Officials had said some 500 people were being held in the school in North Ossetia, near Chechnya (news - web sites), but released hostages said the number could be nearer to 1,500 people lying on top of one another in increasingly desperate conditions.

          Children, some half- or fully naked, gulped from bottles of water after two days without drink in a stiflingly hot and crowded school. Some lay on stretchers.

          BREAK-OUT

          Interfax said some of the hostage-takers, believed to number about 40, had tried to break out through crowds of frantic relatives waiting near the school as special forces moved in.

          It was unclear what had triggered the battle, shortly after Russia insisted it would not resort to force to free the children, parents and teachers held for 53 hours without food or water.

          The clashes appeared to have begun shortly after authorities said a vehicle had been sent to the school to fetch bodies. Various reports said this had been followed by a break-out attempt by either hostages or rebels.

          Alexander Dzasokhov, president of the province of North Ossetia, said the 40 or so masked gunmen were demanding an independent Chechnya, the first clear link between them and the decade-long separatist rebellion in the neighboring province.

          But he tried to reassure hundreds of fraught parents who spent the night near the school in the town of Beslan, telling reporters: "I tell you frankly and honestly ... the option of force is not being considered."

          GRIM SCENE

          Reports from some of the women and children released on Thursday painted a grim picture.

          "You know, there aren't 350 people (the previous official number) in there, but 1,500 in all. People are lying one on top of another," Zalina Dzandarova, a 27-year-old woman, told the daily Kommersant.

          One unidentified woman freed Thursday told Izvestia that during the night children occasionally began to cry:

          "Then the fighters would fire in the air to restore quiet. In the morning they told us they would not give us anything more to drink because the authorities were not ready to negotiate.

          "When children went to the toilet, some tried to drink from the tap. The fighters stopped them straight away."

          Dzasokhov said the captors had made their demands in talks Thursday with Ruslan Aushev, a moderate former leader of nearby Ingushetia province, who has taken on a mediating role.

          "The demands relayed to Aushev yesterday ... were that Chechnya must be an independent state," he said.

          The siege is the latest in a wave of violent attacks in Russia in recent weeks, all linked to Chechen separatists.

          Last week, suicide bombers were blamed for the near-simultaneous crash of two passenger planes in which 90 people died. This week, in central Moscow a suicide bomber blew herself up, killing nine people.

          Russian media have speculated that the gunmen could belong to separatist forces under Magomed Yevloyev, an Ingush who is believed to have led a mass assault on Ingushetia in June.

          Putin, who came to power in 2000 vowing to "wipe out" Chechen militants, pledged to do all he could to save the hostages.

          But he rejected any compromise on Chechnya's status. Previous ends to hostage crises have ended in huge loss of life.

          Izvestia said 860 pupils attended School No.1. But the number of people on the campus would have been swollen by parents and relatives attending the first-day ceremony traditional in Russian schools.

          Up to 16 people were believed to have been killed in the early stages of the assault.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Hostages freed after forces storm in Russian school

           

             
           

          Soldiers storm in to end hostage siege

           

             
           

          President greets fruitful Olympic delegation

           

             
           

          China supports Russia against terrorism

           

             
           

          Zeng Qinghong outlines CPC's major tasks

           

             
           

          Hong Kong hopes to be Olympic venue

           

             
            Freed Russian hostages: 1,500 held captive
             
            UN warns Syria against interfering in Lebanon
             
            French hostage transfer sparks release hopes
             
            GlobalTRONICS 2004 to kick off in Singapore
             
            Editor: Hostages in Iraq given to group
             
            Bush promises safer world, says will not relent
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 韩国18禁啪啪无遮挡免费| 亚洲中文精品人人永久免费| 亚洲女同同性少妇熟女| 少妇宾馆把腿扒开让我添| 亚洲国产精品第一区二区三区| 精品国产福利久久久| 日本亚洲色大成网站www久久| 老熟女熟妇一区二区三区| 国产精品一区二区三区激情| 亚洲人午夜射精精品日韩| 日韩加勒比一本无码精品| 国产边摸边吃奶边叫做激情视频| 大香j蕉75久久精品免费8| 无遮无挡爽爽免费视频| 日本一卡2卡3卡四卡精品网站| 中文字幕一区二区三区乱码不卡| 国产精品福利2020久久| 少妇被搞高潮在线免费观看| 久久精品国产亚洲av热一区| 国产在线精品欧美日韩电影| 日韩美少妇大胆一区二区| 色综合一本到久久亚洲91| 亚洲 制服 丝袜 无码| 50岁熟妇的呻吟声对白| 台湾佬自拍偷区亚洲综合| 精品无码国产污污污免费| 50岁人妻丰满熟妇αv无码区| 国产微拍精品一区二区| 欧美一区二区三区成人久久片| 久久亚洲国产成人精品性色| 国色天香成人一区二区| 亚洲成a人片77777kkkk| 久久夜色撩人精品国产av| 国内精品久久久久久影院中文字幕 | 亚洲夜色噜噜av在线观看| 亚洲色拍拍噜噜噜最新网站| 久久久欧美国产精品人妻噜噜| 特级做a爰片毛片免费看无码| 国产精品亚洲片在线| 偷青青国产精品青青在线观看| 亚洲中文字幕五月五月婷|