<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Dozens killed as shootout ends Russian school siege
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2004-09-03 22:18

          Dozens were killed when Russian troops stormed a school Friday in a chaotic battle to free hundreds of parents, teachers and children who had been held hostage for 53 hours by Chechen separatists.

          Naked children ran for safety, screaming amid machinegun fire and explosions while attack helicopters clattered overhead.


          An injured woman is assisted near the school in southern Russia where militants were holding hundreds of people captive in Beslan, North Ossetia, in this image from television Friday, Sept. 3, 2004. [Reuters]

          Julian Manyon, a reporter for Britain's ITV television news, said his cameraman had seen up to 100 bodies in the gymnasium of the school in Beslan, in the North Ossetia region adjoining Chechnya, after the hostage-takers left:

          "Our cameraman ... told me that in his estimation there are as many as 100 dead bodies, I am afraid, lying on the smoldering floor of the gymnasium where we know that a large number of the hostages were being held."

          The Tass news agency said there more than 400 wounded. Russian news agencies said at least seven people had been dead on arrival at hospital. Rebels fled with soldiers in pursuit.

          In the chaotic hours after the battle began, half- or fully naked children gulped from bottles of water after two days without food or drink in a stiflingly hot and crowded school.

          "I smashed the window to get out," one young boy with a bandaged hand told Russian television. "People were running in all directions ... They (the rebels) shot from the roof."

          It was unclear what had triggered the battle, shortly after Russia insisted it would not resort to force.

          The prolonged fighting and scenes of chaos suggested that, if Russian forces had planned to storm the building, their hand had been forced before they were ready.

          CONSEQUENCES

          The outcome of the siege may have repercussions for Russian President Vladimir Putin, who came to power in 2000 on a promise to restore order in Chechnya after years of violent rebellion and hostage-takings similar to the one in Beslan.


          A man carries an injured child who escaped from a seized school in Beslan, North Ossetia, Friday, Sept. 3, 2004. [Reuters]

          Over 129 hostages and 41 rebels died when Putin sent troops to overpower Chechen rebels who had seized a Moscow theater in 2002. But the violence in the region and elsewhere in Russia has continued.

          Tass said troops had blown a hole in a wall of the school to let hostages escape. It also said soldiers were battling gunmen who had fled to the house in the south of the town.

          Interfax said some of the hostage-takers, believed to number about 40, had tried to break out through crowds of frantic relatives waiting near the school as special forces moved in.

          NTV television said five hostage-takers had been killed.

          Officials had said some 500 people were being held in the school in North Ossetia, near Chechnya, but released hostages said the number could be nearer to 1,500 people lying on top of one another in increasingly desperate conditions.

          The clashes appeared to have begun shortly after authorities said they had sent a vehicle to the school to fetch bodies. Various reports said this had been followed by a break-out attempt by either hostages or rebels.

          Alexander Dzasokhov, president of the province of North Ossetia, said earlier the masked gunmen had demanded an independent Chechnya, the first clear link between them and the decade-long separatist rebellion in the neighboring province.

          One unidentified woman freed Thursday told Izvestia that during the night children occasionally began to cry:

          "Then the fighters would fire in the air to restore quiet. In the morning they told us they would not give us anything more to drink because the authorities were not ready to negotiate."

          WAVE OF ATTACKS

          Attacks linked to Chechen separatists have surged this month as Chechnya elected a head for its pro-Moscow administration to replace an assassinated predecessor.

          Last week, suicide bombers were blamed for the near-simultaneous crash of two passenger planes in which 90 people died. This week, in central Moscow, a suicide bomber blew herself up, killing nine people.

          Russian media have speculated that the gunmen could belong to separatist forces under Magomed Yevloyev, an Ingush who is believed to have led a mass assault on Ingushetia in June.

          A representative of Chechen rebel leader Aslan Maskhadov in London repeated denials of involvement by forces loyal to him and condemned the hostage-takers, saying:

          "This is a monstrous act ... There is no way to justify what they have done," Akhmed Zakayev told Channel 4 news.

          Izvestia said 860 pupils attended School No. 1. But the number of people on the campus would have been swollen by parents and relatives attending the first-day ceremony traditional in Russian schools.

          Up to 16 people were believed to have been killed in the early stages of the assault.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Reporter: Up to 100 bodies seen in Russia school gym

           

             
           

          Russian commandos hunt down kidnappers

           

             
           

          President greets fruitful Olympic delegation

           

             
           

          China supports Russia against terrorism

           

             
           

          Zeng Qinghong outlines CPC's major tasks

           

             
           

          Hong Kong hopes to be Olympic venue

           

             
            Russia hostages evacuated, commandos fighting kidnappers
             
            Reporter: Up to 100 bodies seen in Russia school gym
             
            Bloody end to Russian school siege
             
            Freed Russian hostages: 1,500 held captive
             
            UN warns Syria against interfering in Lebanon
             
            French hostage transfer sparks release hopes
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲午夜无码久久久久蜜臀AV| 无码天堂亚洲国产AV| 久久精品人妻av一区二区| 东京热人妻丝袜无码AV一二三区观 | 亚洲天堂成人一区二区三区 | 国产精品成人av电影不卡| 口爆少妇在线视频免费观看 | 国产精品hd在线播放| 亚洲最大日韩精品一区| 美日韩精品一区三区二区| 亚洲国产精品综合色在线| 九九热精品在线观看| 国产精品毛片一区二区三| 色综合AV综合无码综合网站| 色综合视频一区二区三区| 国产成人影院一区二区三区| 国产精品女同一区二区久| 爱性久久久久久久久| 国产av永久无码天堂影院| 深夜精品免费在线观看| 国产精品亚洲日韩AⅤ在线观看| 亚洲偷自拍另类一区二区| 私人高清影院| 蜜臀一区二区三区精品免费| 亚洲国产精品综合久久网络| 黑人猛精品一区二区三区| 91人妻无码成人精品一区91| 天堂av资源在线免费| 精品国产高清中文字幕| 国产欧美va欧美va在线| 少妇久久久被弄到高潮| 国产高清一区二区不卡| 狠狠色丁香婷婷综合尤物| 免费成人深夜福利一区| 国产高清在线精品一区APP| 内地偷拍一区二区三区| 18禁无遮挡啪啪无码网站破解版| 女人喷液抽搐高潮视频| 中文字幕有码日韩精品| 精品国产污污免费网站| 亚洲夂夂婷婷色拍ww47|