<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Funerals planned for 340 dead in Russia school siege
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2004-09-05 08:56

          Mourners prepared on Sunday for the first funerals of 340 people killed in the bloody battle that ended the siege of a southern Russian school on Friday -- but others did not know if loved ones had survived.


          Rows of body bags containing bodies of dead hostages lie for identification at a morgue in the town of Vladikavkaz, September 4, 2004. [Reuters]
          Hundreds of wounded were still being treated in hospitals in Beslan and nearby towns, and distraught relatives -- caught between hope and despair -- scanned hand-written lists of living patients or toured morgues trying to identify the dead.

          "My son is missing," Albert Adykhayev told NTV television. "He is too young to say who he is. I just don't know on what lists and under what name he will appear." His son is three.

          Hospital doctors tried to help on Saturday by displaying photographs of unidentified patients, children too small or too shocked to give their names.

          Many townspeople, still stunned by the ferocity of the battle between security forces and the Chechen militants who stormed the school on Wednesday and took more than 1,000 hostages, have spent two days searching for friends or family.

          Hundreds queued on Saturday outside the morgue in the nearby city of Vladikavkaz to identify relatives among the rows of dead laid out on stretchers, holding handkerchiefs to their faces to keep out the stench.


          Family members wait for their turn to come in to identify their relatives among the dead hostages at a morgue in the town of Vladikavkaz, September 4, 2004. [Reuters]
          Others scanned the lists of injured pasted on town walls, and some resorted to making their own lists of the casualties of the bloody end to the siege.

          Of the 340 known to have died, 155 were children, the others their parents and teachers, all trapped in the school where they had gathered for festivities marking the first day of term.

          Most were killed on Saturday, when special forces assaulted the school after hearing huge explosions in the gym and seeing hostage takers shooting fleeing children.

          Up to 20 people were believed to have been killed when the gunmen seized the building last Wednesday and herded their captives into the gym. Officials said security forces killed all the estimated 26 hostage takers.

          PUTIN VISITS BESLAN

          President Vladimir Putin, who flew into Beslan for a few hours early on Saturday, later told Russians the security forces needed to rethink their approach to tackling such emergencies.


          Russian President Vladimir Putin comforts Lidia Tsiliyeva, the director of the besieged school, at the hospital in Beslan, September 4, 2004. [Reuters]
          "We must create a much more effective system of security. We must demand that our security forces act at a level appropriate to the level and scope of the new threats," he said in a televised address more than 24 hours after the end of the siege.

          He declared Monday and Tuesday days of national mourning.

          A total of 423 people were being treated in hospitals in the North Ossetia region where Beslan lies, including 237 children, while more serious cases had been sent to other parts of southern Russia or Moscow.

          Soslan Bidoyev, 23, was relieved to find his brother in a Vladikavkaz hospital, but shocked by his account of events at the school on Wednesday.

          "He told us that when the hostages were brought in, the gunmen made the adults pry open the gymnasium floor. They took out supplies of weapons from underneath the floor," he said.

          "He told me the first explosion was right there."

          Such accounts strengthened the view that the gunmen were well prepared and had local help, and fueled the anger of residents who accused Putin of making only a token visit to the town and failing in his duty to protect them.

          "He saw no one and talked to no one," said Boris, whose neighbor and her family were missing. "He just wanted to show the world how young and handsome he is, but he hasn't helped and he won't help and he can't stop this happening again."

          In his address, Putin said Russia had failed to adapt to new defense and security needs and must now put this right.

          "We failed to react appropriately to them and, instead, displayed weakness," he said. "And the weak are always beaten."

          The Kremlin leader, speaking after a week of calamities linked to Chechen separatists, pledged to restore control over the North Caucasus, the part of southern Russia which includes the turbulent region of Chechnya.

          But Putin, who rejects any notion of talks with separatists, made no direct reference to Chechnya in his 10-minute address.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Funerals planned for 340 dead in Russia school siege

           

             
           

          Asian parties laud CPC's governing capability

           

             
           

          Beijing slams Chen's splittism remark

           

             
           

          High oil prices not to drag down economy

           

             
           

          China to have 140 million cars by 2020

           

             
           

          US near seizing Osama Bin Laden -- official

           

             
            Poll: Bush has double-digit lead on Kerry
             
            Funerals planned for 340 dead in Russia school siege
             
            Iraq pipelines hit, export flows hold
             
            US near seizing Osama Bin Laden -- official
             
            Bombing at Iraq police station kills 20
             
            Death toll rises in Russia school standoff
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 97se综合| 潮喷失禁大喷水无码| 国产av巨作丝袜秘书| 在线看片免费人成视久网| 亚洲AV无码久久久久网站蜜桃| 欧美高清一区三区在线专区 | 国产精品亚洲а∨天堂2021| 三级网站视频在在线播放| 欧美激情一区二区三区高清视频| 久久99精品久久久久久9 | 亚洲国产码专区在线观看| 韩国一级毛片中文字幕| 亚洲欧美人成人让影院| 久久日韩精品一区二区五区| av在线免费播放网站| 亚洲国产精品午夜福利| 精品亚洲国产成人痴汉av| 免费国产好深啊好涨好硬视频 | 91pao强力打造免费高清 | 亚洲成a人片在线观看中| 日韩免费美熟女中文av| 日本三级理论久久人妻电影| 欧美人成精品网站播放| 国产成人免费观看在线视频| 中文字幕人妻中出制服诱惑| 99久久免费只有精品国产| 国产久操视频| 国产精品久久中文字幕| 国产在线视欧美亚综合| 岛国中文字幕一区二区| 欧美 国产 亚洲 卡通 综合 | 亚洲中文字幕一区二区| 欧美黑人添添高潮a片www| 欧美a级v片在线观看一区| 午夜DY888国产精品影院| 色爱av综合网国产精品| 午夜国产福利片在线观看| 成年18禁美女网站免费进入| 亚洲国产亚洲国产路线久久| 色猫咪av在线观看| 韩国福利片在线观看播放|