<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Saddam's top aide Ibrahim captured
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2004-09-05 22:26

          Iraqi and U.S. forces arrested a man believed to be the most-wanted Saddam Hussein aide still on the run in a bloody raid on Sunday in which 70 of his supporters were killed and 80 captured, the government said.


          Izzat Ibrahim al-Douri, who had been the most senior aide to Saddam Hussein still on the run in Iraq, has been captured in the town of Tikrit, Iraq's defence ministry said on September 5, 2004. The ministry said Ibrahim was captured by members of Iraq's national guard backed by U.S. forces. Tikrit was Saddam's hometown and one of the powerbases of his regime. Izzat Ibrahim al-Douri (L) in his former position as Vice-Chairman of the Revolutionary Command Council presents Hussein with a medal from the people of Mosul, a town some 390 km north of Baghdad, in this May 12, 1999 hand out file photograph. [Reuters]
          The defense ministry said Izzat Ibrahim al-Douri -- who was sixth on the U.S. list of the 55 most-wanted members of Saddam's regime and had a $10 million price on his head -- was captured in Tikrit, Saddam's hometown and powerbase north of Baghdad.

          The top five on the list, including Saddam, his sons Uday and Qusay, and "Chemical Ali" Hassan al-Majid, have already been captured or killed. The seventh most-wanted man on the list, Special Security Organization Director Hani Abd Latif Tilfah al-Tikriti, is still at large.

          Iraqi Minister of State Wael Abdul al-Latif told Reuters it was "75 to 90 percent certain" the captured man was Ibrahim. He said 70 of the man's supporters were killed and 80 captured when they tried to prevent him being seized.

          Latif said the captured man was suffering from leukemia and was in very poor health.

          The U.S. military has said Ibrahim was directly involved in organizing and funding attacks on U.S. forces since the downfall of Saddam. In a deck of cards issued to US troops to help them identify fugitives, Ibrahim was the King of Clubs.

          The news spread fast in Baghdad, and in some Shi'ite districts residents fired AK-47s in the air in celebration.


          Izzat Ibrahim al-Douri, who had been the most senior aide to Saddam Hussein still on the run in Iraq, has been captured in the town of Tikrit, Iraq's defence ministry said on September 5, 2004. The ministry said Ibrahim was captured by members of Iraq's national guard backed by U.S. forces. Tikrit was Saddam's hometown and one of the powerbases of his regime. Izzat Ibrahim al-Douri (C) in his former position as Vice Chairman of the Revolutionary Command Council salutes during a parade in the city of Mosul, 390 km north of Baghdad in this February 4, 2003 file photograph. [Reuters]
          Ibrahim was Saddam's number two in the Revolutionary Command Council, and held a senior post on a government committee in charge of northern Iraq when chemical weapons were used against the town of Halabja in 1988, killing thousands of Kurds.

          The red-haired Ibrahim was born in 1942 near Tikrit, 100 miles north of Baghdad, the son of an ice seller.

          Ibrahim was one of Saddam's top aides and most trusted confidants. His daughter was briefly married to Saddam's elder son Uday, bonding him within the ruling elite.


          WELCOME BOOST FOR GOVERNMENT

          If confirmed, the news will be a welcome boost for Iraq's interim government as it tries to crush a deadly insurgency and grapples with a hostage crisis.

          France's government said on Sunday it remained hopeful that two French hostages would be freed, although its foreign minister returned empty-handed from a Middle East mission intended to secure their release.

          "We have serious reasons to believe both of them are in good health and that a favorable outcome is possible," Foreign Minister Michel Barnier told reporters after discussing the hostage crisis with President Jacques Chirac.

          "Our top priority today remains to secure their release. Our priority is their safety," he said. "We are working hard, calmly, cautiously and discreetly."

          Journalists Christian Chesnot and Georges Malbrunot were seized on Aug. 20 by militants from the Islamic Army in Iraq, who demanded Paris rescind a law banning Muslim headscarves in state schools. France refused the demands and the law went into force on Thursday.

          France was shocked to be caught up in the hostage crisis as it opposed the U.S.-led war in Iraq and has no troops there.

          Militant groups waging a bloody insurgency against the U.S.-backed interim Iraqi government have turned to kidnapping foreigners as part of a campaign to force firms and foreign troops to leave Iraq. About two dozen foreign hostages have been killed, some of them beheaded.

          Police said on Sunday the body of an Egyptian who was kidnapped last month had been found in northern Iraq.

          The body of the Egyptian, who was snatched on Aug. 27, was found on Saturday at a roadside near the town of Baiji, 112 miles north of Baghdad, police said. They said the body bore signs of torture, with hands and legs bound together.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Asian political parties pledge co-operation

           

             
           

          Saddam's top aide Ibrahim captured

           

             
           

          55 dead in Sichuan floods, 52 missing

           

             
           

          ASEAN recognizes China as market economy

           

             
           

          Russians burying attack victims, 350 dead

           

             
           

          Britain still waiting for Chinese tourists

           

             
            Russians begin burying victims of attack
             
            Frances knocks out power, floods Florida
             
            Democrat says US shielded Saudis from 9/11 links
             
            Child hostages recall 3 days of terror
             
            Gunmen briefly seize Gaza governor's office
             
            ICAPP calls on Asian countries to cooperate in energy
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲精品无码久久千人斩| 国产乱码精品一区二区三区四川人| 国产高清免费午夜在线视频| 啦啦啦高清在线观看视频www| 一区二区三区无码免费看| 99久久无色码中文字幕人妻| 成人国产激情福利久久精品| 亚洲精品乱码久久久久久按摩高清 | 美女爽到高潮嗷嗷嗷叫免费网站| 亚洲精品动漫免费二区| 亚洲日本VA午夜在线电影| 69精品丰满人妻无码视频a片| 中文字幕在线视频不卡一区二区| 国精产品一二三区精华液| 国产高潮大叫在线观看| 国内精品久久久久影院网站| 三叶草欧洲码在线| 亚洲日本va午夜中文字幕久久 | 日韩成人性视频在线观看| 双乳奶水饱满少妇呻吟免费看| 亚洲AV天天做在线观看| av偷拍亚洲一区二区三区| 久久亚洲精品成人综合网| 天堂av在线一区二区| 国产一区二区爽爽爽视频| 日韩av综合免费在线| 国产欧美VA天堂在线观看视频 | 亚洲av色图一区二区三区| 亚洲精品中文字幕尤物综合| 精品亚洲香蕉久久综合网| 日本高清视频网站www| 中文字幕日韩熟女av| 久久99九九精品久久久久蜜桃| 国内精品久久久久久影院中文字幕| 丁香花成人电影| 日本久久99成人网站| 国产97视频人人做人人爱| 人妻体体内射精一区二区| 亚洲国产大片永久免费看| a网站在线观看| 亚洲精品中文字幕码专区|