<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Putin wants security rethink after school siege
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2004-09-06 14:48

          Russian President Vladimir Putin called Saturday for a radical rethink of security forces' tactics against terror after the seizure of a school by Chechen militants ended in chaos and bloodshed.

          As the death toll rose above 320 from the bloody denouement when troops stormed the southern Russian school Friday, Putin urged his countrymen to be strong in the face of a string of devastating attacks linked to Chechen separatists.

          The small town of Beslan, which Putin visited briefly before dawn Saturday, was shattered by the carnage, in which 155 children died as well as parents and teachers. Barely a family was left untouched.

          Some in Beslan vented their anger against the Kremlin leader for visiting the town so briefly and accused him of posturing for television cameras instead of meeting its traumatized residents.

          "He saw no one and talked to no one," said Boris, whose neighbor and her family disappeared. "He just wanted to show the world how young and handsome he is but he hasn't helped and he won't help and he can't stop this happening again."

          In the nearby city of Vladikavkaz, hundreds of distraught Ossetians queued outside the overwhelmed morgue to look for missing relatives among the lines of bodies.

          Dozens of corpses, their skin the color of powdered milk, lay outside the morgue on stretchers. Most were children or women, their naked bodies covered with black tarpaulin or plastic sheets.

          Relatives accompanied by nurses picked their way along row after row of stretchers, holding handkerchieves or gauze masks to their faces against the stench.

          Many of the victims had been held inside the school gym by their captors for two days without food or water before being killed. It was the grimmest outcome of a hostage-taking in modern times.

          In a somber television address Putin, dressed in a dark suit and standing beside a Russian flag, denounced the gunmen who attacked "defenseless children."

          Right To Demand More

          But, in the first criticism of the troops' handling of the siege, he said Russians had a right to demand more from security forces in times of crisis.

          "We must create a much more effective system of security. We must demand that our security forces act at a level appropriate to the level and scope of the new threats," he said.

          This demanded "an effective anti-crisis management system -- including fundamentally new approaches in the activity of the security forces."

          Putin said Russia had been punished for its failure to adapt to new defense and security needs and must take rapid action to put this right.

          "We have to admit we showed no understanding of the danger of processes occurring in our own country and the world at large," he said. "We failed to react appropriately to them and, instead, displayed weakness. And the weak are always beaten."

          Grief, anger and uncertainty mingled in Beslan, a normally sleepy town of 30,000, a day after the crisis ended with half-naked and wounded children dodging hostage takers' bullets as they fled and security forces stormed the school building.

          "Everyone in this town has lost someone," said Alan, looking for news of his sister who had been at the school. "What they say on television is a lie. There could be 600 dead."

          Blinking repeatedly to stop tears, Alan walked through crowds of pale, exhausted people, searching desperately for news of relatives and friends in the town's squares and street corners.

          Control Of North Caucasus

          The Kremlin leader, speaking after a week of calamities linked to Chechen separatists, pledged to restore control over the North Caucasus, the part of southern Russia which includes the turbulent region of Chechnya.

          But Putin, who rejects any notion of talks with separatists, made no direct reference to Chechnya in his 10-minute address.

          Officials announced they had completed their search of the charred ruins of Middle School No. 1, and confirmed for the first time media reports that the gunmen had taken more than 1,000 people hostage when they stormed the school Wednesday.

          A total of 26 militants, 10 of them Arabs according to Russian officials, had seized the school, said Deputy Prosecutor-General Sergei Fridinsky. All had been killed.

          Putin said earlier he had ordered Beslan and the surrounding region of North Ossetia sealed off in follow-up operations. He declared Monday and Tuesday days of mourning.

          "One of the tasks pursued by the terrorists was to stoke ethnic hatred, to blow up the whole of our North Caucasus," he told security officials.

          "Anyone who feels sympathetic toward such provocations will be viewed as accomplices of terrorists and terrorism."

          His harsh tone suggested no weakening of his determination to crush the rebellion in mainly Muslim Chechnya and keep it within Russia, using tactics criticized by rights activists.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          IPR disputes fuelled by auto makers

           

             
           

          Asian political parties pledge co-operation

           

             
           

          55 dead in Sichuan floods, 52 missing

           

             
           

          ASEAN recognizes China as market economy

           

             
           

          Russians burying attack victims, 350 dead

           

             
           

          Toyota, partner to invest US$461m in China

           

             
            Russians begin burying victims of attack
             
            Iraqi govt confused on whether Saddam aide caught
             
            Frances floods Florida, leaves three dead
             
            Graham says US shielded Saudis from 9/11 links
             
            Clinton likely to have surgery Monday
             
            Second quake hits Japan, evacuations ordered
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 久久这里只有精品好国产| 无码视频伊人| 日韩人妻一级av一区二区| 一区二区三区四区亚洲综合| 久久一日本道色综合久久| 亚洲线精品一区二区三八戒 | 最近中文字幕国产精选| 1000部啪啪未满十八勿入下载 | 免费a级毛片18以上观看精品| 成人一区二区三区在线午夜| 成人国产片视频在线观看| 国产av区男人的天堂| 中文 在线 日韩 亚洲 欧美| 日本中文字幕一区二区三| 九九热在线视频只有精品| 亚洲资源在线视频| 韩国午夜福利片在线观看| 亚洲高清aⅴ日本欧美视频| 老师破女学生处特级毛ooo片| 白白色发布永久免费观看视频| 男女真人国产牲交a做片野外| 亚洲中文字幕无码爆乳APP| 国产精品女人毛片在线看| 亚洲一区成人在线视频| www插插插无码视频网站| 九九热视频在线精品18| 中文字幕久久精品人妻| 国产亚洲av日韩精品熟女| 激情六月丁香婷婷四房播| 狠狠久久五月综合色和啪| 国产成人高清亚洲综合| 亚洲最大的成人网站| 日本成熟少妇喷浆视频| 国产成人精品1024免费下载| 国产精品中文一区二区| 国产精品成人99一区无码| 亚洲一区二区三区影院| 全部av―极品视觉盛宴| 亚洲WWW永久成人网站| 国产白袜脚足j棉袜在线观看| 日本久久99成人网站|