<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>China
                 
           

          Southwest China floods leave at least 164 dead
          (Xinhua/chinadaily.com.cn)
          Updated: 2004-09-08 13:58

          Floods unleashed by torrential rains have left at least 164 people dead and more than 66 others missing in southwest China's Sichuan Province and Chongqing Municipality.


          Local residents hold on to each other as they cross a swollen river in Kaixian, Chongqing, September 7, 2004. [Reuters]

          The Sichuan provincial disaster relief office confirmed 89 people dead and 41 missing by 18:30 Tuesday. 

          In Chongqing, the disaster relief office confirmed that the death toll jumped to 75, 25 others missing and 2513 injured by 10:30 Wednesday, the China News Service reported.

          Most of the deaths was caused by landslides, mud-and-rock flow and flash floods sweeping through mountain valleys. The casualty information have been delayed because communication facilities were severely damaged in the mountainous areas, according to local flood control offices.

          The five-day violent downpour have also affected 11.3 million local residents, flooded 412,000-hectare crop. The direct economic losses are estimated to exceed 3.9 billion yuan (US$470 million).

          "This is the most severe natural disaster struck the country after typhoon Rananim, which killed at least 164 in eastern Zhejiang Province in mid-August," said Zhang Zhitong, deputy director of the State Flood Control and Drought Relief Headquarters.

          The shower over the past two days posed great challenge for rescue work, especially in the mountainous areas, where were frequently hit by landslides and the roads to the outside world were mostly destroyed. For example, In Dazhou City of Sichuan, more than 6,000 people were still stranded in their flood-besieged houses.


          Local residents paddle through a flooded street in the city of Chongqing, southwest China Tuesday. [newsphoto]
          Facing this catastrophe, which "is not likely to happen in a century", the governments of Sichuan and Chongqing have been working all out to minimize the losses, promising "to provide all the victims with adequate food, drink and accommodation".

          Chinese central government allocated 40 million yuan (US$4.82 million) for emergency funds on Monday to Chongqing and Sichuan. And the Chongqing municipal government also raised 12 million yuan (US$1.45 million) for sheltering local residents and restoring transportation and telecommunication facilities.

          On Tuesday afternoon, a work team comprising officials from the State Flood Control and Drought Relief Headquarters and ministries of civil affairs, finance and land and resources arrived in Dazhou to guide the rescue work.

          The city so far has raised 15 million yuan (US$1.81 million) to "rebuild homes", but one local government official said that "we still need more financial support".

          More than 5,000 armed police have taken part into the rescue work and Zhang Jun, a 19-year-old armed police, drowned when helping several villagers evacuate from their flood-besieged houses in Chongqing.

          In the county seat of Kaixian, the floodwater has almost receded and more than 200 medical workers started a three-day disinfection for the flooded areas Tuesday. Local health department has also set up 18 stations across the county to monitor any possible outbreak of epidemic diseases.

          In addition, the county also established six medical service station to provide free treatment and medicine to local residents.

          After three-day efforts, nearly all the flood-stricken areas in Kaixian had resumed electricity supply. The water supply is expected to be fully resumed on Wednesday.

          Local residents are busy cleaning their houses and the trash left in the streets. Some stores and free markets of agricultural products also opened. Vehicles of publicity circuited the county, asking the residents to pay attention to the safety use of home appliances.

          Local insurance companies have started to compensate for the losses of the insured and "those private business runners who have not bought property insurance, can enjoy a series of preferential policies, including tax reduction or exemption," said Cheng Yuanhui, the acting chief of Kaixian County.

          According to local meteorological administration, moderate rain will continue in most areas Chongqing and some areas will see torrential rain.

          "We must not be off guard," said Wang Hongju, mayor of Chongqing Municipality.



           
            Today's Top News     Top China News
           

          Southwest China floods leave at least 164 dead

           

             
           

          Funding to ensure pension payments

           

             
           

          CPC plenum to focus on ruling capacity

           

             
           

          `Super rice' set to increase output

           

             
           

          US military deaths in Iraq pass 1,000

           

             
           

          Shanghai no longer encourages DINK family

           

             
            Southwest China floods leave at least 164 dead
             
            China issues white paper on social security
             
            Top official to visit Pyongyang
             
            Funding to ensure pension payments
             
            Floods kill at least 100 in southwest China
             
            Shanghai eases up family planning policy
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          Floods kill at least 100 in southwest China
             
          90 dead, 77 missing in southwest storms
             
          Floods kill 76 in China, no let-up in sight
             
          Sichuan floods kill 55 people
             
          44 dead in Sichuan floods, 37 missing
            News Talk  
            It is time to prepare for Beijing - 2008  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产精品av中文字幕| 亚洲国产成人久久综合区| 国产精品成人一区二区三区| 午夜DY888国产精品影院| 久久久精品国产亚洲AV蜜| 女人香蕉久久毛毛片精品| 亚洲区欧美区综合区自拍区| 忘忧草影视| 中文字幕av久久激情亚洲精品| 国产福利在线观看免费第一福利| 欧美人与动牲交精品| 毛片无码一区二区三区| 青青草综合在线观看视频| 亚洲色最新高清AV网站| 色欲国产一区二区日韩欧美| 无码囯产精品一区二区免费| 免费人欧美成又黄又爽的视频| 日本欧美大码a在线观看| 国产精品一区二区在线欢| 韩国免费A级毛片久久| 亚洲 小说区 图片区 都市| 国产av普通话对白国语| 三人成全免费观看电视剧高清| 好爽受不了了要高潮了av| 国产成人精品无码一区二| 黄色亚洲一区二区三区四区| 久青草国产在视频在线观看| 正在播放酒店约少妇高潮| 国产精品一区二区三粉嫩| 欧美人妻在线一区二区| 日本在线观看视频一区二区三区| 婷婷色香五月综合缴缴情香蕉 | 亚洲午夜亚洲精品国产成人| 久久国产精品波多野结衣| 人妻体体内射精一区二区| 亚洲人成网站在线播放2019| 色777狠狠狠综合| 就去色最新网址| 色婷婷亚洲精品综合影院| 性高朝久久久久久久久久| 无码专区 人妻系列 在线|