<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Memos show Bush suspended from flying
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2004-09-09 15:09

          The White House released memos Wednesday night saying that George W. Bush was suspended from flying fighter jets for failing to meet standards of the Texas Air National Guard.


          George W. Bush sits in an F102 fighter jet while serving in the Texas Air National Guard in this undated photo. US President Bush was in the National Guard from 1968-1973. Former Texas House Speaker Ben Barnes, a Democrat who was among the most powerful politicans in Texas in the 1960s and 1970s, said at a May campaign rally for Democratic presidential hopeful John Kerry that he was 'ashamed' for helping Bush and sons of other wealthy Texans avoid service in Vietnam. Barnes plans to talk more extensively about his role Wednesday in an interview on '60 Minutes.' [AP/file]

          The Vietnam-era memos add new dimensions to the bare-bones explanation of Bush's aides over the years that he was suspended simply because he decided to skip his annual physical exam. The exam was scheduled during a year in which Bush left Texas, where he had been flying fighter jets, to work on a U.S. Senate campaign in Alabama.

          White House communications director Dan Bartlett told CBS' "60 Minutes II," which first obtained the memos, that Bush's superiors granted permission to train in Alabama in a non-flying status and that "many of the documents you have here affirm just that."

          "On this date I ordered that 1st Lt. Bush be suspended from flight status due to failure to perform to USAF/TexANG standards and failure to meet annual physical examination ... as ordered," states an Aug. 1, 1972, memo by Lt. Col. Jerry Killian.

          In a memo a year later that uses only last names, Killian points to turmoil among Bush's superiors over how to evaluate his performance because there was no "feedback" from Guard officials in Alabama in 1972 and 1973 where Bush had been largely inactive.

          "Staudt has obviously pressured Hodges more about Bush," Killian wrote on Aug. 18, 1973. "I'm having trouble running interference and doing my job — Harris gave me a message today from Grp (Bush's unit) regarding Bush's OETR (officer evaluation) and Staudt is pushing to sugar coat it. Bush wasn't here during rating period and I don't have any feedback from 187th in Alabama. I will not rate."

          The memo concludes: "Harris took the call from Grp today. I'll backdate but won't rate. Harris agrees."

          Walter B. Staudt was commander of the Texas National Guard and Lt. Col. Bobby Hodges was one of Bush's superiors who two years earlier had rated Bush an outstanding young pilot and officer and a credit to his unit. Lt. Col. William D. Harris Jr. was another superior of Bush's.

          A third Killian memo makes clear that Killian was concerned from the outset over Bush's plan to go to Alabama because the military had spent a substantial sum of money turning Bush into a pilot and that his National Guard duties might suffer if he went elsewhere.

          "Phone call from Bush," Killian wrote in a May 19, 1972, memo. "Discussed options of how Bush can get out of coming to drill from now through November. ... Says that he is working on another campaign for his dad. ... We talked about him getting his flight physical situation fixed ... Says he will do that in Alabama if he stays in a flight status."

          The memo added that Bush "has this campaign to do and other things that will follow and may not have the time. I advised him of our investment in him and his commitment."

          The White House told CBS that Bush "met his drills then when he came back" from Alabama "and that's why he received an honorable discharge."

          With national security and the war on terrorism looming large on voters' minds, supporters of Bush and Democratic nominee John Kerry are attacking each candidate's Vietnam War records. Republicans have accused Kerry, a decorated Vietnam combat veteran, of fabricating the events which led to his five medals. Democrats point to gaps in Bush's stateside Air National Guard service in 1972 and 1973 to say Bush shirked his duty.

          Asked about Killian's memo which gives two reasons for Bush's suspension, Bartlett told CBS, "That might be official language." Bartlett said "the records have been clear for years that President Bush did not take a physical because he did not need to take a physical because, obviously, the choice was that he was going to be performing in a different capacity."

          Asked about Killian's statement in a memo about the military's investment in Bush, Bartlett told CBS: "For anybody to try to interpret or presume they know what somebody who is now dead was thinking in any of these memos, I think is very difficult to do."

          On Tuesday, the Defense Department released more than two dozen pages of records about Bush and his former Texas unit. They showed Bush flew for 336 hours in military jets after his flight training and ranked in the middle of his class.

          Pentagon officials said they discovered the documents released Tuesday while performing a more comprehensive search "out of an abundance of caution" in response to a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit by The Associated Press.

          The newly released records also showed that while Bush says he was in Alabama training with another Guard unit in 1972, his home unit in Texas was participating in the air defense of the southern United States by keeping two jet fighters constantly ready for launch within five minutes' notice.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Wu Yi: China to go further than WTO promises

           

             
           

          SW China floods have killed at least 177

           

             
           

          Elders' problems centrestage at forum

           

             
           

          Further opening in banking sector pledged

           

             
           

          Russia vows to attack 'terror' worldwide

           

             
           

          Presidents promote growth with Gabon

           

             
            Russia vows to attack 'terror' worldwide
             
            Blast rocks Aussie embassy in Jakarta; 7 dead
             
            S.Korea did plutonium test in 1980s -- official
             
            DNA fingerprint discoverer has concerns
             
            World wants Bush out of the White House: Poll
             
            AP: Thousands of Iraqis estimated killed
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          New questions raised on Bush military record
             
          Barnes upset about helping Bush avoid war
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 乱人伦中文视频在线| 国产精品视频午夜福利| 饥渴老熟妇乱子伦视频| 国产精品色一区二区三区| 亚洲一区二区三级av| 亚洲精品乱码久久久久久按摩高清| 国产宅男宅女精品A片在线观看| 亚洲国产中文综合专区在| 中文字幕有码日韩精品| 精品一区二区不卡无码av| 人妻精品久久无码区| 久久综合色之久久综合 | 国产乱人无码伦av在线a| 四虎国产精品永久在线下载| 中文字幕无字幕加勒比| 亚洲男人第一无码av网站| 国产露脸150部国语对白| 蜜臀91精品国产高清在线| 韩国午夜福利片在线观看| 亚洲丰满熟女一区二区蜜桃| 久久精品国产一区二区三区不卡| 午夜福利看片在线观看| 久久精品手机观看| av天堂中av世界中文在线播放| 国产一区二区一卡二卡| 久久一二三四区中文字幕| 最近中文字幕日韩有码| 亚洲av日韩av无码尤物| 亚洲成人四虎在线播放| 产精品无码一区二区三区免费| 免费看亚洲一区二区三区| 精品91精品91精品国产片| 国产精品久久自在自线不卡| 国产在线乱子伦一区二区| 午夜免费啪视频| 精品伊人久久久香线蕉| 亚洲国产午夜精品理论片| 亚洲成年轻人电影网站WWW| 亚洲欧美人成网站aaaa| 无码激情亚洲一区| 国产亚洲色婷婷久久99精品|