<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Jakarta hunts militants after embassy attack
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2004-09-11 01:00

          Indonesian police launched a nationwide manhunt on Friday for al Qaeda-linked militants blamed for a suicide car bomb attack outside the Australian embassy that jolted both countries ahead of elections.

          Australian Prime Minister John Howard said intelligence agencies had warned that those responsible for the attack in Jakarta on Thursday could strike again.


          A relative of killed 20-year-old student Rina Dewi Puspita holds her portrait as others mourn during a funeral service in Jakarta September 10, 2004. [Reuters]
          "The information they have available indicates that the number of operatives ... is sufficiently large to support the fear that there could be another attack," Howard told reporters in Canberra.

          Indonesian police have blamed Jemaah Islamiah, a militant group seen as the regional arm of al Qaeda, for the embassy attack, which killed nine people and wounded 182. Most of the victims were Indonesian.

          At least one suicide bomber stopped a mini-van packed with explosives outside the embassy, where it detonated, police said.

          Thursday's bombing underlined the vulnerability of the world's most populous Muslim nation to militant violence.

          It came days before Indonesia's presidential run-off, two days before the third anniversary of the Sept. 11 attacks on the United States and a month before Australia's general election.

          Jemaah Islamiah was behind the Bali bombings in 2002 that killed 202 people and also an attack on the J.W. Marriott Hotel in Jakarta last year that killed 12.

          It appeared to admit responsibility for the embassy attack in an Internet statement that could not immediately be authenticated. The statement warned of more attacks unless Australia withdrew its forces from Iraq.

          ELECTION BATTLES


          An Indonesian anti-terrorist squad carries their rifles during a show of force at Jakarta police headquarters on September 10, 2004. Hundreds of elite Jakarta police troops paraded in Jakarta on Friday in preparations to secure the capital.[Reuters]
          Howard, a strong ally of Washington, has said Australia's 850 troops in and around Iraq would stay until the job was done. Opposition leader Mark Latham wants to bring them home by Christmas. They are in a tight race for the Oct 9. election.

          Indonesian President Megawati Sukarnoputri has at times come under fire for not being tough enough with militants, although she did cut short a foreign trip to visit the bomb site.

          She faces off against Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono, her former chief security minister, in a presidential run-off on Sept 20. Yudhoyono is tipped to win.

          Speaking in Jakarta, Australian Foreign Minister Alexander Downer said Indonesian police were warned 45 minutes before the bombing that Western missions would be attacked if the accused spiritual leader of Jemaah Islamiah was not freed.

          Downer told a news conference the warning to release Abu Bakar Bashir was conveyed in a phone text message.

          "(They) received an SMS message about 45 minutes before the attack yesterday that there would be an attack on Western embassies unless Abu Bakar Bashir was released," Downer said.

          Australian Federal Police Commissioner Mick Keelty told the news conference it would have been difficult to act on the text warning since such threats came in regularly. Indonesian police said they had little comment on the purported threat.

          Bashir, 66, is in police detention awaiting formal charges over accusations of involvement in terror acts. He has denied any wrongdoing or links to Jemaah Islamiah.

          Keelty said up to 200 kg (440 pounds) of potassium chlorate was used to make the bomb. The composition was similar to those used by Jemaah Islamiah in the suicide attacks on Bali and the Marriott, Keelty said. Among the Bali dead were 88 Australians.

          OUTRAGE

          The embassy strike left a large crater outside the compound and tore off the glass fronts of surrounding office towers.

          Many Indonesian office workers paid their respects at the bomb site, leaving floral wreaths and flowers.

          As darkness fell, hundreds of the friends of a banking student killed in the blast gathered to hold candles, flowers and her picture as they chanted slogans calling for national unity.

          Newspaper editorials called for the attackers to be executed.

          "We are ashamed because as a nation we are considered a crime nest. We are ashamed because the police are not able to prevent another bomb blast," said the Media Indonesia daily.

          Police have said their key suspect was Azahari Husin, a fugitive Malaysian bomb-making expert and JI member believed to have made the bombs used in the Marriott and Bali blasts.

          Suyitno Landung, head of the police criminal investigation department, told reporters that Azahari had recruited at least nine suicide bombers after the Marriott bombing.

          Six have been arrested, and they had told police three others were still at large, Landung said, adding police were trying to determine if they were involved in the embassy attack.

          The recruits called themselves the "brides," Landung said.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          China's imports to hit US$1 trillion by 2010

           

             
           

          Teachers honoured for noble contribution

           

             
           

          200 pupils poisoned by school dinner

           

             
           

          SOEs, chiefs face audit under new rule

           

             
           

          Steady growth won on industrial front

           

             
           

          Arts awards join forces

           

             
            Taliban say attack shows they can strike at will
             
            From dismal Chechnya, women turn to bombs
             
            U.S. to pay fliers $1.5 million for pilfered items
             
            Gore calls Cheney remarks 'sleazy'
             
            JI 'claims Jakarta car bombing'
             
            Clinton takes short walks in hospital
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 日韩丝袜亚洲国产欧美一区| 3d无码纯肉动漫在线观看| 国产女人看国产在线女人| 精品国产午夜肉伦伦影院| 国产精品色内内在线播放| 起碰免费公开97在线视频| 国产精品久久久亚洲| 国产午夜精品久久精品电影 | 亚洲国产欧美在线人成| 亚洲国产另类久久久精品黑人 | 亚洲av无码成人精品区一区| 日韩欧美卡一卡二卡新区| 亚洲av无码精品蜜桃| 人妻少妇精品视频中文字幕国语| 视频一区视频二区中文字幕 | 99精品国产一区二区青青| 久久精品国产亚洲av久| 欧美精品一区二区三区在线观看| 国产精品女生自拍第一区| 视频一区视频二区制服丝袜| 久久夜色精品国产爽爽| 国产蜜臀视频一区二区三区| 久久精品国产免费观看频道| 国产精品毛片在线看不卡| 精品国产午夜福利在线观看| 国产免费无遮挡吸奶头视频| 亚洲视频欧美不卡| 国产久操视频| 人妻精品动漫H无码中字| 诱人的岳hd中文字幕| 国产av中文字幕精品| 一区二区三区四区精品黄| 高清美女视频一区二区三区| 天堂网亚洲综合在线| 热久久美女精品天天吊色| 人人爽亚洲aⅴ人人爽av人人片| 国产精品白丝久久AV网站| 高清国产美女一级a毛片在线| 欧美性69式xxxx护士| 亚洲AV成人无码精品电影在线| 亚洲欧美国产成人综合欲网|