<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Thousands demonstrate in Rome for Italian hostages
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2004-09-11 02:57

          Thousands of Italians marched silently through Rome in a candlelit procession on Friday to demand the release of two female aid workers seized in Baghdad.

          Iraqi President Ghazi al-Yawar promised Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi that he would do everything possible to secure the release of the two women and said "barbaric" attacks on foreigners ran counter to Iraqi values.


          Two girls hold candles during a march by tens of thousands of people in downtown Rome by the Colosseum and Roman Forum in memory of the victims of the school hostage crisis in Beslan, Russia and against all acts of terrorism, Monday Sept. 6, 2004. [AP]
          Vigils were staged across Italy during the day, underscoring the widespread indignation provoked by the abduction of the two charity staffers who were in Baghdad to help school children.

          Simona Pari and Simona Torretta, both aged 29, were kidnapped at gunpoint on Tuesday along with two Iraqis in a brazen, daylight attack in the center of Baghdad.

          A previously unknown militant group posted a statement on Friday claiming responsibility for the abduction and gave Italy 24 hours to bring about the release of all Muslim women held in Iraqi prisons if it wanted more news about the hostages.

          Iraq's Yawar told Berlusconi on Friday he had doubts about the credibility of the message, the prime minister's office said in a statement after a two-hour meeting between the two men.

          Later, the Italian government issued a separate statement saying Rome would work to insure that anyone unjustly jailed in Iraq would be freed.

          Berlusconi, a staunch supporter of the U.S.-led war in Iraq, called on Yawar to pull out all the stops to save the hostages, who are known in Italy as the "two Simonas."

          "Yawar ... promised maximum commitment and willingness to ensure a positive outcome to this affair," said the statement released by Berlusconi's office.

          Yawar is touring European capitals to drum up support for reconstruction aid and debt reduction.

          REVULSION

          At least seven Italians have been kidnapped in recent months in Iraq and two of them subsequently murdered, including journalist Enzo Baldoni who was killed last month.

          The seizure of Pari and Torretta has stirred particular revulsion in Italy partly because they are women and partly because they were charity workers who had openly criticized the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq.

          A crowd of demonstrators snaked through the heart of Rome on Friday evening, holding flickering candles in their hands.

          "From the word go, the majority of Italians were against the war and this kidnapping has reinforced that feeling," said Beatrice, a 47-year old office worker.

          The Italian government sent some 2,700 troops to Iraq last year despite widespread opposition at home, and has said it will not bow to demands by terror groups to withdraw the force.

          Italy's undersecretary for foreign affairs, Margherita Boniver, was on a tour of five Middle East countries, including Lebanon, to seek help in winning the Italian hostages' release.

          Lebanon's top Shi'ite cleric condemned the kidnapping as a crime against Islam on Friday, saying the two Italians opposed the occupation of Iraq and were working for Iraqis.

          "They had no links to the occupation. For that reason, from our legal Islamic perspective, we ask the kidnappers to release them immediately," Grand Ayatollah Mohammad Hussein Fadlallah said in a statement.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Paralympic delegates fly high in Athens

           

             
           

          China's imports to hit US$1 trillion by 2010

           

             
           

          200 pupils poisoned by school dinner

           

             
           

          Agricultural tax to be phased out in 5 yrs

           

             
           

          SOEs, chiefs face audit under new rule

           

             
           

          3000 reservists conducted exercise in Taiwan

           

             
            Putin agrees to siege probe
             
            Eisner to step down at Disney
             
            Taliban say attack shows they can strike at will
             
            From dismal Chechnya, women turn to bombs
             
            U.S. to pay fliers $1.5 million for pilfered items
             
            Gore calls Cheney remarks 'sleazy'
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲欧美偷国产日韩| 亚洲国产成人久久77| 中文字幕有码高清日韩| 亚洲乱熟女一区二区三区| 久久精品国产亚洲av忘忧草18| 国产精品视频久久| 亚洲精品成人无限看| 亚洲精品亚洲人成人网| 草草ccyy免费看片线路| 午夜无码区在线观看亚洲| 日韩人妖精品一区二区av| 国产精品人成在线观看免费| 精品无码一区二区三区电影| 久久热这里这里只有精品| 亚洲av无码一区二区三区网站| 樱桃视频影院在线播放| 成人精品一区日本无码网| 国产粉嫩系列一区二区三| 午夜国产理论大片高清| 国产综合色一区二区三区| 蜜臀av无码一区二区三区| 亚洲av无一区二区三区| 玩弄漂亮少妇高潮白浆| 在线免费成人亚洲av| 日韩一区二区在线看精品| 美腿丝袜亚洲综合第一页| 国产成人亚洲日韩欧美| 亚洲国产精品毛片av不卡在线| 国产亚洲精品综合一区二区| 日韩人妻久久精品一区二区| 被拉到野外强要好爽| 亚洲av无码精品色午夜蛋壳| 日韩精品久久一区二区三| 久久热精品视频在线视频| 亚洲国产在一区二区三区| 67194熟妇在线直接进入| 日韩女同在线二区三区| 国产乱人伦偷精品视频下| 2019国产精品青青草原| 精品国产色情一区二区三区| 中文字幕在线不卡一区二区|