<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Putin agrees to siege probe
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2004-09-11 09:17

          President Vladimir Putin has agreed to a parliamentary investigation in an apparent response to public criticism over last week's deadly school hostage siege.

          Previously Putin had only said an internal investigation would be held into the crisis, which left more than 330 hostages dead -- about half of them children.

          The proposal to form a commission was made Friday by Sergei Mironov, speaker of the upper house of Russia's parliament. The Federal Council largely follows Putin's lead.

          "We are thoroughly interested in receiving a complete, objective picture of the tragic events connected with the seizure of the hostages," Putin told Mironov in a meeting shown on Russian television, The Associated Press reported.

          According to reports of meetings Putin held with visiting Western scholars, the Kremlin leader had earlier ruled out a public inquiry in favor of the internal review.

          The parliamentary commission could constitute a relatively independent and public review of the crisis, AP said.

          Meanwhile, North Ossetia's parliament has approved a new prime minister to head the government, which was dismissed in the wake of angry demonstrations over authorities' failure to prevent the attack.

          Alan Boradzov, the republic's former transportation minister, was nominated by President Alexander Dzasokhov, who dismissed the regional government but did not step down himself, AP reported.

          Last week's siege in the North Ossetian town of Beslan, which ended in a deadly barrage of gunfire and explosions, has raised serious questions about the effectiveness of Russia's law-enforcement and security forces.

          On Thursday, officials said six of the roughly 30 terrorists who seized the school had been identified as being from Chechnya.

          Another four were from neighboring Ingushetia, officials told AP on condition of anonymity.

          Ingushetia is between North Ossetia and Chechnya, and the presence of Ingush raiders threatens to inflame long-standing tensions between Ingush and Ossetians.

          However, none of the 10 terrorists identified so far are Arabs, despite Moscow's assertion that about a third of the attackers were from Arab countries.

          Putin and Russian investigators have said about 10 of the attackers were Arabs, though authorities have not publicly provided evidence of the assertion, AP said.

          Officials have said the battle against rebels fighting for Chechen independence is part of the international war on terrorism, and Russia's foreign minister accused Western countries of displaying double standards by granting asylum to Chechen separatist figures.

          Sergey Lavrov's comments reflect Russian anger over what Moscow sees as the West's receptiveness to the rebels.

          Akhmed Zakayev is among those who Moscow would like to see extradited. An envoy for Chechen separatist leader Aslan Maskhadov, Zakayev was granted political asylum in the UK last year.

          The Kremlin also was angered when Washington granted asylum to Ilyas Akhmadov, who was foreign minister under Maskhadov during Chechnya's de-facto independence in the late 1990s.

          To underscore the point that Russia is fighting a wider war, Lavrov met Thursday with Rudolph Giuliani, who was mayor of New York City when the September 11, 2001 attacks took place.

          "When our Western partners urge us to rethink our policy and tactics in Chechnya, I would advise them not to interfere in Russian internal matters -- which they do by granting asylum to terrorists who are directly to blame for the tragedy of the Chechen people," Lavrov said after the meeting.

          Also Thursday, German Chancellor Gerhard Schroeder backed Putin's view that Russia is a victim of international terrorism.

          In a joint statement, Schroeder and Putin likened the school siege and other recent deadly attacks to September 11 and the Madrid train bombings. They said the school siege marked "a new dimension of the threat posed to all humankind by international terrorism."

          The Kremlin has rejected criticism that its Chechnya policies have bolstered support for the insurgents, instead claiming that international terrorist groups including al Qaeda are training the militants.

          The official death toll from the Beslan hostage siege -- in which terrorists took 1,200 people hostage -- rose to 329 on Thursday with the death of another victim, North Ossetia's Deputy Health Minister Teimuraz Revazov said.

          Officials have said 30 attackers and 11 members of the security forces also were killed.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Teachers honoured for noble contribution

           

             
           

          China's imports to hit US$1 trillion by 2010

           

             
           

          200 pupils poisoned by school dinner

           

             
           

          SOEs, chiefs face audit under new rule

           

             
           

          Steady growth won on industrial front

           

             
           

          Arts awards join forces

           

             
            Eisner to step down at Disney
             
            Taliban say attack shows they can strike at will
             
            From dismal Chechnya, women turn to bombs
             
            U.S. to pay fliers $1.5 million for pilfered items
             
            Gore calls Cheney remarks 'sleazy'
             
            JI 'claims Jakarta car bombing'
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          Russians burying attack victims, 350 dead
             
          Russia counts cost of bloody end to school siege
             
          Russia school standoff ends with 200 dead
             
          Russia opens talks with kidnappers
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 五月综合网亚洲乱妇久久| 国产精品无码素人福利不卡| 风韵丰满熟妇啪啪区老老熟妇| 国产日韩一区二区在线| 日本福利视频免费久久久| 色综合久久一区二区三区| 农村老熟妇乱子伦视频| 久久亚洲人成网站| 综1合AV在线播放| 天堂а√在线中文在线| 国内熟妇人妻色在线视频| √天堂中文官网8在线| 国产精品自在拍在线播放| 亚洲精品一区二区三区大桥未久| 国产成人黄色自拍小视频| 国产av剧情无码精品色午夜| 毛片网站在线观看| 亚洲国产大胸一区二区三区| 国产不卡一区在线视频| 亚洲色欲色欲WWW在线丝| 国产免费毛不卡片| 国产在线观看播放av| 国产精品视频免费一区二区三区 | 亚洲色拍拍噜噜噜最新网站| 久久精品中文无码资源站| 男人的天堂av社区在线| 在线观看国产久青草| 亚洲中文字幕久久精品品| 国产自偷亚洲精品页65页| 夜夜春久久天堂亚洲精品| 热久在线免费观看视频| 少妇人妻综合久久中文字幕| aⅴ精品无码无卡在线观看| 激情伊人五月天久久综合| 在线免费观看视频1区| 日本人妻巨大乳挤奶水免费| 国产SUV精品一区二区四| 亚洲精品乱码久久久久久自慰| 大香伊蕉在人线国产最新2005| 亚洲国产精品综合久久网各| 久久精品国产清自在天天线|