<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Car bomb kills at least 47 in Iraq
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2004-09-14 21:48

          A car bomb exploded near a police station in Baghdad early Tuesday as dozens of Iraqis were applying to join the force, killing at least 47 people and wounding 114, officials said.

          In Baqouba, gunmen opened fire on a van carrying policemen home from work, killing 11 officers and a civilian.


          A women strikes her face with her hand after suspecting the death of her son at the scene of a massive explosion outside a police station in Baghdad, Iraq, Tuesday Sept. 14, 2004. At least 47 people were killed and 88 wounded as the blast ripped through scores of people gathered there with aspirations to join the police force. [AP]

          The attacks were the latest attempts by insurgents to disrupt U.S.-backed efforts to build a strong Iraqi police force capable of taking over security in many towns and cities ahead of nationwide elections slated for January.

          In Baghdad, the blast left a gaping 10-foot crater outside the station at the end of Haifa street, a main Baghdad thoroughfare that has been the scene recently of fierce clashes. Dozens of cars parked nearby were destroyed and shops and buildings were badly damaged.

          Paramedics and residents picked up body parts scattered across the street and put them into boxes. Anguished men lifted charred bodies and lay them gently on stretchers.

          Health Ministry spokesman Saad Al-Amili said at least 47 people were killed and 114 wounded.


          A worker cleans out blood that filled the floors of al-Kirkh hospital as scores of injured people were brought in, in Baghdad, Iraq, Tuesday Sept. 14, 2004. [AP]
          An Interior Ministry official said on condition of anonymity that a suicide bomber detonated an explosives-packed sedan next to a cafe by the police station where many would-be recruits had gone to escape the summer heat.

          Angry crowds near the site of the blast denounced U.S. forces and interim Iraqi Prime Minister Ayad Allawi's government for failing to protect police recruiting centers.

          "I blame Ayad Allawi's government for what happened because they did not take the necessary security measures," said Ali Abul-Amir, who was among those trying to join the force but had gone around the corner to buy a drink when the explosion went off.

          In the eastern city of Baqouba, gunmen in two cars opened fire Tuesday on a van carrying policemen home from work, killing 11 officers and a civilian, police and hospital officials said.

          The incident occurred when the policemen were returning to their station after they were told that a trip to a training camp has been postponed, said a police officer on condition of anonymity. Eleven policemen were killed as well as the civilian driver, said Qaisar Hamid of Baqouba General Hospital.

          Attacks on Iraqi security forces and police officers — consider to be collaborators by militants — have left hundreds of people dead since insurgents began a 17-month campaign to expel U.S.-led forces and destabilize Allawi's government.


          U.S. soldiers inspect the site of a massive explosion outside a police station at the end of Haifa Street in Baghdad, Iraq, Tuesday Sept. 14, 2004. [AP]

          Earlier this month, a suicide attacker detonated a car bomb outside a police academy in the northern city of Kirkuk as hundreds of trainees and civilians were leaving for the day, killing at least 20 people and wounding 36.

          On July 28, a car bomb exploded outside a police recruiting center in Baqouba, killing at least 68 people. A month earlier, a sport utility vehicle packed with artillery shells slammed into a crowd waiting to volunteer for the Iraqi military in Baghdad, killing 35.

          In February, a suicide attacker targeted another army recruiting center in Baghdad, killing 47. Days earlier 53 people were killed in a similar attack south of the capital.

          Meanwhile, saboteurs blew up a junction where multiple oil pipelines cross the Tigris River in northern Iraq on Tuesday, sending plumes of smoke leaping into the sky, officials said.

          Firefighters struggled to put out the blaze after the attack near Beiji, 155 miles north of Baghdad. U.S. military officials surveying the blast estimated it could take up to three days to put out the fire.

          Crude oil cascaded down the hillside into the river. Fire burned atop the water, fueled by the gushing oil. Beiji is the point where several oil pipelines converge, said Lt. Col. Lee Morrison of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.

          Also Tuesday, the military said two American soldiers were killed and three others wounded when they came under attack Monday from an improvised explosive device and small arms fire in Baghdad.

          The military said in a statement that troops belonged to the Army's Task Force Baghdad. The dead soldiers' names were withheld pending family notification.

          More than 1,000 American soldiers have been killed in Iraq since the start of military operations in March 2003, according to an Associated Press tally based on Defense Department figures.

          Tuesday's car bombing came a day after U.S. warplanes launched airstrikes on a suspected hideout where operatives from an al-Qaida-linked group were meeting in Fallujah, killing 20 people.

          Warplanes hit the city west of Baghdad after "intelligence sources reported the presence of several (Abu Musab) al-Zarqawi operatives who have been responsible for numerous terrorist attacks against Iraqi civilians, Iraqi Security Forces and multinational forces," the U.S. military said in a statement.

          The military said reports indicated the strikes had achieved their aim, but did not name the operatives. "This strike further erodes the capability of the Zarqawi network and increases safety and security throughout Iraq," the military statement said.

          Also Monday, a video posted on a Web site in the name of the militants — led by Jordanian-born terrorist Abu Musab al-Zarqawi — purportedly showed the beheading of a kidnapped Turkish truck driver. Al-Zarqawi is blamed for a string of terror attacks in Iraq, including bombings and the slayings of other hostages. Washington has a $10 million bounty on his head.

          The video was digitally dated Aug. 17. The authenticity of the tape could not be verified, but it appeared on a Web site known for carrying statements from al-Zarqawi's group, Tawhid and Jihad.

          On the tape, the victim identified himself as Durmus Kumdereli and said he was seized while transporting goods to an American military base. Kumdereli was reported kidnapped Aug. 14.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Three Gorges Dam protected by armed troops

           

             
           

          Premier: Economic cool-down policy pays off

           

             
           

          Floods threaten Silk Road grottoes

           

             
           

          Consumer prices rise 5.3% in August

           

             
           

          Baghdad police station blast kills 35

           

             
           

          Tropical storm Haima sweeps over Wenzhou

           

             
            Baghdad police station blast kills 35
             
            Deadly Ivan lashes Cuba with wind, waves
             
            Powell: WMD stocks unlikely to be found in Iraq
             
            Putin asserts control after school siege
             
            Turkey warns US on northern Iraq
             
            Sharon faces Netanyahu challenge over Gaza pullout
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 九九热免费在线观看视频| 黄色特级片一区二区三区| 久久久精品国产精品久久| 国产精品98视频全部国产| 久久精品国产福利一区二区| 中文字幕日韩人妻高清在线| 国产乱老熟女乱老熟女视频| 亚洲日产韩国一二三四区| 日本边添边摸边做边爱| 成人欧美日韩一区二区三区| 人妻丝袜中文无码av影音先锋| 色欲国产精品一区成人精品| 国产精品自在自线视频| 激情欧美精品一区二区| 四虎成人在线观看免费| 亚洲女同一区二区三久久精品| 国产高清在线精品一区不卡| 亚洲AV无码不卡在线播放| 18禁无遮挡啪啪无码网站| 99在线精品国自产拍中文字幕| 99RE6在线观看国产精品| 99精品人妻少妇一区二区| 18禁床震无遮掩视频| 久久精品国产福利一区二区| 亚洲超清无码制服丝袜无广告| 久久人与动人物a级毛片| 色欲天天天综合网| h无码精品3d动漫在线观看| 亚洲 日本 欧洲 欧美 视频| 国产一区二区三区四区激情| 免费无码高潮流白浆视频| 国产精品色悠悠在线观看| 久久99精品国产麻豆婷婷| 美日韩av一区二区三区| 午夜视频免费试看| 亚洲 成人 无码 在线观看| 噜噜久久噜噜久久鬼88| 久久久精品人妻一区二区三区| 国产综合色精品一区二区三区 | 人妻熟女一区二区aⅴ水野朝阳| 国产成人8X人网站视频|